Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I recently stayed at Crowne Plaza on a business trip to the Valley Forge area. It was my first encounter at an IHG property so I did not know what to expect. While the external structure seemed to look older, the lobby, guest rooms and bathrooms have been renovated and refitted to make it functional for travelers and trendy.
My overall experience was EXCELLENT, the lobby, hallways and room were immaculately clean and updated; comfortable plush bedding was an added bonus. Very nice room which made it perfect for relaxing after being in training all day. Room service was the best I’ve had while traveling, having lots of options to choose from, all items listed were reasonable priced.
Added perks were close proximity to lots of shopping and restaurants, well lit parking lot and complimentary access to LA Fitness.
The front desk staff, room attendants and room service personnel were always smiling, professional and very knowledgeable about IHG brands and rewards. Overall a great value for the price point and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Tonya,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I really appreciate all of the positive comments about your stay and about my team. I will be sure to let them know of your kind remarks.
Your satisfaction is extremely important to us...it is nice to know we exceeded your expectations in so many ways. I am most pleased that you found the hotel very clean and the staff friendly and professional.

Tonya, we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was only an okay hotel. Reasonably clean, a little noisy, overpriced food. What really lowered my rating was petty theft - smash and grab via car windows in a well lighted parking lot - and the exceptionally dead neighborhood for miles around. Almost nothing was open past 8 pm. And this is across the street from one of the biggest malls in America. So location is really a detriment but fed the hotel facilities which were also limited to the bar much of the non daylight hours. The breakfast was way overpriced and not particularly good. Staff was okay but not very helpful in the face of car damage. The set up for conference rooms was reasonable. Also a plus, contrary to information on web wi-fi is available for free. Why would it be any other way? Talk to the airlines about checked bags or their increasingly restrictive frequent flyer programs. Being a traveler is increasingly NOT about service. This hotel were okay on this occasion okay but nothing special.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry about the incident with your car and the lack of response by my team. I am sorry it had such a negative impact on your stay. It is extremely rare when issues such as this occur due to our well-lit lot and security. We need to continue our diligence in this area.

I am a bit surprised by your comments about our location. Nearly all of the stores and restaurants at the mall are open past 8PM, especially this time of year. Also, it would be helpful to know where you saw contrary information on the web about our internet service. We have it detailed on our sites as FREE for both wired and wireless.

We appreciate all feedback and use it to continue to work at improving our hotel for every traveler. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Excelent hotel to explore Valley Forge and vicinity . Phillies is 15-20" away, and the great mall literally steps away. Nice rooms, comfy and very clean. Snow flakes welcome us and it turned our stay more relaxing and full of joy. Staff helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience here at the Crowne Plaza Valley Forge.

You were kind to note that you found our staff helpful and friendly...I will be sure to pass that along to them. Thank you for also recognizing what n excellent location we have whether going to the Mall or to downtown Philly. I do appreciate having had you as our guest and I hope you will return very soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

This was a birthday get away for my wife and myself. The hotel is very nice, staff was helpful except for the breakfast buffet in their restaurant. The hostess seemed to be annoyed by everyone there and did not want to really work. Other than her it is a great hotel. Comfy bed and a very nice room.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind remarks. I appreciate that you took the time to write and that you enjoyed your stay overall. I appreciate your comments about your breakfast service as well and will seek out the responsible person to ensure that type of service does not recur. We generally do an excellent job of caring for our guests, this is just not something we take lightly.

I hope you will have the opportunity to return very soon. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Convenient if you wish to go to the mall. Standard rooms and hotel food. What makes this above average overall is the quality and friendliness of the staff. Room rates are average for the area. The hotel is cleaner than others in the area and overall a better deal. There are conference rooms for a business meeting.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front are sunny.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent feedback. I will be sure to pass on your comments to my team and recognize them for their efforts to make you feel at home while here. The people always make the difference...I am proud to be associated with the many friendly and professional team members that we have serving our guests. I am especially happy that you found the hotel to be so clean. We work very hard at that critical component...nice to hear you enjoyed it!

We hope to see you on a return visit sometime soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

prior to staying for 2 nights we read the reviews. all of the positives proved true; none of the negatives (other than the smoking area IS right outside the main entrance) were encountered. the front desk had already upgraded us, and we were given immediate advice on late night eating opportunities. i would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank wontonjohn
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for all of the kind remarks. I am thrilled you referenced all of the positive things we do as we work very hard to deliver excellent service to each guest, every time. I must say about our smoking area...it is actually across the drive from the main entrance. Unfortunately, at times, we have folks just decide to smoke where they want and not pay attention to the signs. I promise that we will be more diligent in policing the area in the future.

Thanks again for your feedback. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We recently stayed for a week at this hotel on a business trip. Hotel offered special rate for a nearby training center that included breakfast and free shuttle service.
The property seems to be older, but has been renovated recently. The room was a little small, but clean and comfortable. Breakfast buffet was excellent. The KOP mall is right across the street and has plenty of dining, shopping and entertainment options.
Overall a nice stay and would definitely recommend for business trips.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments. We appreciate your feedback very much. It was a pleasure serving you for so long. I know my team enjoyed caring for you while here. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the chef about breakfast, he will be pleased.

We hope to have the opportunity of serving you again very soon. Until then....