Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 July 2014

As a platinum elite member, I have grown to expect some advantages. This is my 3rd holiday chain hotel In a week with a couple nights with Marriott and one with Choice hotels...the King of Prussia being the most disappointing. When we arrived last week, the young gal acknowledged that I was a platinum elite. Nice! She told me I was upgraded to the club floor. No, I used my points for that. I asked about the upgrade and she said she had no authority and her boss was gone for the day. She said she couldn't give me a upgrade without the approval but she would talk to him tomorrow. Huh? I was leaving the next day.I guess the 3 others had no authority either. I asked if there was any other advantage of being platinum elite when she offered me a choice of water bag, free drink or 600 points. Since 2 of 3 were at the club room, I took the points which I have not seen posted yet. A breakfast might have been nice. We went to our room on the club floor and it was smaller than the other Choice, Marriott & Holiday rooms. The wall were paper thin. The Club room was an improvised hotel room with lots of furniture crammed into it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boopy04
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and for sharing your experience. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay as you and we would have hoped. We should have been able to meet your needs while here...I am disappointed we did not. I will be sure to review with my team the extra importance that Platinum rewards members carry so that future circumstances such as yours will be handled differently.

Thank you again for your comments. Please let me know personally when you will be returning to our area...I will make certain you receive all that you need to have an outstanding experience.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have visited many hotels over the years for business trips, and this hotel has one of the cleanest rooms that I have stayed. The beds were not as comfortable but, the rooms were really clean & pleasant. Also, they have a delicious breakfast buffet which was a great way to start each day. The waiters in Stirling restaurant were very friendly and service was good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and are happy to hear you found the hotel exceptionally clean and breakfast enjoyable. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to my restaurant servers. I know they will appreciate the positive feedback.

On behalf of my entire team...thanks for having been our guest. We hope to see you again very soon!

Sincerely, Bob McGowan

Reviewed 24 July 2014

You could not ask for a better hotel. The service was excellant, the food was great and the people were polite. I recommend them to anyone who is in the area and want to stay somewhere. Rooms are big and they have an excellant chef on hand.

Room Tip: All floors are perfect
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Wow...thank you for sharing your experience with others. It is excellent to know that you were more than pleased with the hotel and my team. I will be sure to share your comments with all of the associates here. I know they will appreciate the recognition.

We hope you will have the opportunity of staying with us again very soon. I look forward to meeting you personally.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

What a gem!! This place was amazing from the time I checked in Alexa at the front gave me a great room 510 very very quiet as I was very tired. The breakfast was ok wish they had pancakes or more hot cereal selections anyway minor loved the hotel stay.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write. I am happy to know you felt your stay was "superb". We are dedicated to creating great experiences for our guests...I am happy to know we achieved that goal for you!

Thank you for having been our guest. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed here to go to mall and into Philly for dinner. Very nice staff. Clean room. Good breakfast.
Very nice and great being next to mall.
Only 30 minutes to downtown. You can get anywhere and easy to be based here for tourists.
Would stay here again. I recommend highly and we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind remarks. We really appreciate your feedback and are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit. Thank you as well for your excellent recommendation. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We are at the Crown Plaza for a conference...and although we stayed at 2 Marriott properties (for the points) for our stay...i was totally impressed with the CP meeting space. Although the first day we sat under the aircondition vent and were frozen,....that was the only bad. The breakfast and break food were very good and not the same old same old...Eggs, Spinach Quiche and Waffles for breakfast were really good...Lunch was in the restaturant buffet area and again very very good selection and taste...The meeting room was set up in a nice style. I would easily recommend anyone to look at this place for a conference....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BPInto24
Bob M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Philadelphia - King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at my hotel. We really appreciate the feedback about our meeting facilities. We do have excellent space and work hard at delivering top notch food and beverage at every event. It is nice to know we exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again for your comments and sharing your experience.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped in King of Prussia and stayed at this lovely hotel! The lady at the desk was friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable! The beds and pillows were very nice! One draw back is that the pool is part of a fitness center not the hotel. It was closed at 8 PM when we would have liked to swim after long travels. Other than that, great stay! We highly recommend!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Buccomom

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind remarks. We work very hard to keep the hotel clean and to offer excellent service. It is nice to get such positive feedback on our efforts.

We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to King of Prussia.

Thanks again.