“Very nice stay ...”

Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 October 2012

A friend and I spent one night at Hyatt Place during a visit to some local Halloween attractions, and I have to say that it is a very nice hotel. The room was set up quite efficiently. It was clean, and the bed was so comfy. The huge, flat screen TV that swivels from the comfortable couch to the bed was terrific! What a great idea for the ease and flow of the space. The big shower was a happy change from the usual tub/shower combo you get in other hotels. It was great to not have a shower curtain liner attacking me!

We didn't use the pool or gym, but both looked clean and in working order. The sitting, office, and dining areas were set up nicely, in soothing, modern color hues.

The hotel is in a convenient location to King of Prussia mall, and surrounding stores and restaurants. It was perfectly central for the things we planned to do. Check in and out was very quick and easy, and the staff was friendly and helpful.

While there was a small, decent selection of candy, cookies, and beverages in the little cafe near the front desk, it would have been nice if there was a vending machine or two somewhere in the building for chips or other things we may have wanted to snack on after our night out.

Breakfast was okay (quite good, but not great). It's a continental plus because there are a few hot buffet items along with the typical continental fare of oatmeal, muffins, cereal and such. I had a slice of French Toast and a ham, egg and cheese on half a whole grain bagel that was alright. The fruit was fresh and cold. The coffee was really good!

Although we really didn't have to wait for any length of time for anything, it did seem as if the staff was spread a little thin, having to check people in and out, make cocktails, and make and serve food. Everyone was very nice, though. Overall, this was an enjoyable stay, and the Hyatt Place is a hotel that I would recommend and stay at in the future!

Room Tip: Some highway noise can be heard from the back of the hotel, but nothing bothersome.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
HyattPlaceKoPGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Greetings!

Thank you for writing such a nice review of our hotel, the Hyatt Place Philadelphia/King of Prussia. Our staff take great pride in our hotel and I am glad it shows.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel when your travels bring you to the King of Prussia area again.

Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after a wedding in the area and were delighted. The room, a double queen, was very large with a divider wall between the bed area and a beautiful couch/ desk area. There was a huge tv that could swivel between the area so that the adults could watch tv while the kids were sleeping. The room was nicely decorated, very clean and had a fresh feel. The beds were really comfortable.
We took advantage of the pool area where the kids blew off steam before a long drive. The exercise room looked decent as well.
The morning breakfast was ok. Starbucks coffee was just fair. The hot offerings ran out as soon as they were put out and did not keep up with the steady stream of hotel guests. Would have been nice to have some hard boiled eggs and whole wheat toast for those trying to watch their diets.
Overall the hotel staff were really friendly and helpful. We would make it a point to stay here again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank HappyJPTraveler

Reviewed 26 September 2012

I hate to do this. My general philosophy is only to write positive reviews, and unless a place egregiously or purposefully stinks, I don't review it. Here, I am super ambivalent, because this is a nice property, well located near King of Prussia Mall, and feeder highways to Philadelphia, with a very nice and accommodating staff. That said, I reviewed this property in April 2012 and reported that the rooms (2) my family and I stayed in had a distinct and unpleasant mildew odor. I gave the property a pass, more or less, because we were busy and did not have a chance to give the staff an opportunity to correct the problem. However, we stayed again in late August, 2012 again with two rooms, and experienced the same problem. This time we gave the staff a chance to correct, which they did by moving us to two different rooms (they were quite obliging by the way, so no complaints there). The problem was, the two new rooms also smelled of mildew, though not as profoundly. I might chalk it up to one person's sensitivities, but every person in our six person traveling contingent felt that all of the rooms we stayed in had a distinct and unpleasant mildew smell. As previously mentioned, I would typically not post about a one-off bad experience with a hotel. There seems to be a pattern here, however, and I think I would be remiss in not commenting on it. This is a nice property, and seems to get very good reviews, which is great. I did want to bring our experience as a caveat emptor, however, to fellow travelers.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JohnEGraf

Greetings!

On behalf of the Hyatt Place Philadelphia/King of Prussia, thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am sadden to hear you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. Our staff takes great pride in our hotel and unfortuantely we fell short this time.

We hope you will give us another chance in the future when your travels bring you to the King of Prussia area.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

The room was great. The bed was comfortable, the desk was great, the couch area was excellent for doing work and eating. The first room I had, the heater didn't work, but the receptionists were extremely nice and switched my room. The only thing I didn't like about the room was that the walls are really thin. I could hear my neighbor's TV on the sports channel and their alarm in the morning; and one night they were having very loud sex.

The breakfast was great; hot breakfast sandwiches, fruit, toast, yogurt, etc. However, the plates and silverware were always dirty and sticky! I just ended up using the paper cups.

Location is good; very close to the mall and grocery store. Overall, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel after our trip to Williamsport, PA and before our flight out of Philadelphia. Stayed for 3 nights and it's our first time staying at a Hyatt Place. Hotel was wonderful, clean and spacious. Staff were always friendly and helpful. Excellent location, easy to find and convenient to restaurants and shopping at the King of Prussia Mall.

Hotel has an indoor pool and fitness room, although we did not use it but it looked nice and clean. There is also complimentary breakfast each day which a good assortment.

Room Tip: Request room facing front of hotel as it is more quiet than the back which faces the freeway althoug...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelbug671127

Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is my first time staying at this hotel although I travel to the region very often on business. After a long flight from London, all I want is a comfortable clean room with plenty of space. The internet works well, check is is swift and efficient and the staff is very friendly and helpful.
I did not have breakfast there as I did not have the time but the dining area is central and convenient for a quick sandwich or late night snack.
The gym is very adequate and has enogh equipment for a quick workout. I always try to take in a little shopping while in America and the location is convenient to King of Prussia. The parking lot has plenty of parking spaces. The hotel is located in a very quiet street and for late summer the gardens are well kept.
I think this is my new Philly King of Prussia residence when there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank DAW186338
HIEKOP, General Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am delighted that we are your new Philly/King of Prussia residence when visiting the area. I agree, our location is convenient to all that King of Prussia has to offer, although, on your next visit, please take advantage of our free Skillet Breakfast and our 24/7 menu items.

Tom Murray

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Room was nice. However they overcharged my debit card by $187 for what they called a smoking fee when my wife and I are not even smokers. When I called to get it straightened out they told me the GM was on vacation for the next four days and that I would have to wait to speak with him before they decided if I would get a credit or not. When we left we thought we would absolutely return, now after this I highly doubt we will.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dustin O

On behalf of the hotel, we would like to express our sincere apologies for any inconveniences you incurred during your recent stay. It is the goal of our staff to ensure that every guest leave with an experience that exceeds their expectations.

Our hotel is 100% non-smoking. When we find evidence of smoking in our guestrooms we take great strides to eliminate any and all signs of smoke. We perform this through a deep cleaning process which requires the professional cleaning of carpets, window treatments, fabrics, and bedding. This process takes time to perform and it comes at a monetary cost to the hotel.

Please be assured that I’m also concerned that my team members were not able to provide you with this explanation and wanted to let you know that this is not the normal behavior of our associates. It is through your comments and feedback that we can train our staff in areas of opportunity.

We truly do hope that you give us another opportunity to show you first hand that we are the quality hotel you deserve. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction. That's our goal.

Tom Murray