“Hyatt Place King of Prussia / Philadelphia Weekend Experience”

Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have previously stayed at other locations of the Hyatt Place [BWI District] and the guest experience has never disappointed me.

Hotel overview:
Very professional, helpful and friendly staff, nice pool and fitness center.

Room experience:
Room was very spacious and clean. We were extremely satisfied with the considerations on early booking and the type of room we've got. I liked the fact that the bed area was separated from the seating at the room we stayed. It had a nice and comfortable sofa, desk, TV and other amenities that we used.

Hotel Location:
The location is perfect since it's located about 5 minutes away from the King of Prussia Mall. This is good since it gives you the ability and ease of finding places to eat. It is also 15 - 20 minutes away from Downtown Philadelphia and Valley Forge if you don't mind the drive [yes, we had our own transport arrangements]. There are also some wineries driving a little further if you're interested on that type of thing.

Places to eat in King of Prussia / Philadelphia:
Our main interest on Philadelphia was a Cuban Cuisine restaurant called Alma de Cuba. I highly recommend it. Servers were great and friendly, the starters were amazing and the entrees were delivered on time. They have great drinks and some good mojitos.
We also had dinner at the Rock Bottom brewery located at the King of Prussia Mall.
Food there was great and so was the server. They have a nice sampler that will help you decide which drink to choose so I totally recommend that and our server was knowledgeable to make recommendations that were not part of the sample as well.

Attractions:
We went to visit the Liberty Bell / Independence Hall which was highly interactive and informative, Valley Forge was a great experience, particularly the different monuments and sites they have around the entire area, Benjamin Franklin's Tomb and some wineries in suburban / countryside of Philadelphia. Totally Recommend it.

Overall experience:
Will definitely recommend and go back to this hotel next time we visit the King of Prussia / Phillie Area.

Room Tip: Early Booking will definitely give you a nice rate and nice room accordingly.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank israelmorales
HP-KOP, Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! Between taking in the many area attractions and relaxing in our spacious rooms, I would say your trip was a great success!
The layout of our rooms is meant to provide you with both a functional and luxurious space in which to kick back. I am glad you were able to spread out in your room and enjoy the many amenities it has to offer. Were you able to relax in our many comfortable communal spaces? The indoor pool and Jacuzzi is always a guest favorite and now that this beautiful springtime weather has arrived, our outdoor lounge has become a popular space to enjoy en evening cocktail or afternoon lunch.
Thank you for choosing to spend your time with us at Hyatt Place King of Prussia. We very much look forward to your next trip back!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We took our kids to visit Philadelphia, and decided to stay close to Valley Forge, and our choice of hotel was the “Hyatt Place Philadelphia/King of Prussia”

First things first, the front desk staff was friendly, smiley, helpful, quick, and very welcoming.
This turned out to be a perfect stay, large room/suite, with a sofa bed, immaculate, lush bedding and pillows, the room was perfectly stocked with everything you need, (didn’t find a reason to call the front desk…..like you do in other hotels asking for this missing thing, or that not working thing)…the room had plenty of re-charging outlets for your laptops and other gadgets….including a plate right next to the TV that has x-box….Nintendo hookups, + HDMI + USB + VGA, audio/video input jacks, and more…. All that in one plate right by the TV….where you don’t have to fool around with the back of the TV and create a safety hazard
Oh, by the way….the TV could be turned 360 degrees so you can view it from either the bedroom or the living room
The kids enjoyed the indoor swimming pool, stocked with plenty of towels, and in the two days that we were there…..staff came in and re-stocked the towel cupboard more than once, my wife used the gym also always stocked with clean towels…..they even had a balloon man at the lobby making balloon characters to all the kids that were staying at the hotel that weekend (a great idea for an Easter Weekend….made our kids like the hotel before they even seen the room)
The breakfast was great, the kitchen was well situated helps for an easy flow of quests, in and out, they had French Toast, Sausage, and eggs the first day, the next day it was mini pancakes with the others….plus all the other things you expect in a 5 star hotel like fresh cut fruits, great tasting coffee and tea, the first night was a Saturday (full house) yet the staff including two of the front desk managers went in helping in keeping the area stocked so well, with food, dishware, silverware (not some plastic el-cheapo stuff like other comparable hotels we stayed at)….thumbs up for the house keeping department and management for a job well done
More about the great location of the hotel, close to the largest retail mall in the country (Kings of Prussia Mall)….so close to Valley Forge
We have nothing but great things to say about this hotel, we recommend it very highly and would love to visit it again

Frank Mo

Room Tip: All the rooms have high ceiling, that makes the room bigger, we choose the two queen bed suite, on t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank frankiemo
HP-KOP, Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you! It is so helpful to understand the details of your experience. It is your experience, this critical information, which enables us to continue to provide you with a positive and memorable experience!
The “Plug ‘N Play” feature you describe on our 42” Flat Screen HD Televisions is a favorite feature for many of our guests. They love the ability to stream video and personal media from laptops and tablets and to see it all on the big screen.
I hope your family was able to enjoy some time at the Valley Forge National Historic Park and the King of Prussia Mall. Being so centrally located allows for your day to be anything you would like it to be. Travel time isn’t even a consideration when planning the day’s excitement.
I am so happy your children enjoyed the pool and Jacuzzi! Did they play with any of the pool toys that our front desk has available? They are more than welcome to play with any pool toys we have!
I hope the next time you find yourself in King of Prussia you do join us again at Hyatt Place. We would love to give you more and more reasons to spend your time here with us! Thank you!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I spent 4 nights at this Hyatt Place with my kids and had a great time. The staff here is excellent. It seems like nothing is ever a problem for them. Simply great.

The room was larger than most Hyatt Place's I've stayed at with the TV mounted between the sitting area and the beds and on a rotational mount which works wonderfully.

The pool, hot tub and workout room are all adequate to say the least and the free breakfast is good enough to satisfy.

One of the best 'features' of this hotel is it's proximity to the King of Prussia mall. It's literally 5 minutes away which is great.

I'll be back... again ;)

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces away from the PA Turnpike if you can
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am happy that you had such a wonderful experience interacting with our staff and enjoying our many amenities!
We love to provide our guests with complimentary amenities that are both practical and luxurious. Relaxing around our indoor pool and Jacuzzi is an exciting way to spend an evening, while placing a food order with our twenty-four-hour kitchen is helpful to any hungry business traveler who has to burn the midnight oil.
We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

My room smelled like it was involved in a flood... At times the guest above me seemed as though they were coming through my ceiling. This was not worth the money at all. Spend a little extra and go to a better hotel. You get what you pay for I guess, glad it was only for one night.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
HPHOPGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review of the Hyatt Place Philadelphia/King of Prussia. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was less than excellent, which is our goal for each and every guest we serve. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate team members and will be used as a training tool for our associates. I sincerely apologize for your displeasure and certainly hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you in the future.

Safe Travels.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 12 nights in March and April of 2014. The hotel is nice overall -- newly renovated, spacious and comfortable, and fairly conveniently located to most things in the Philadelphia area. The staff were friendly and professional. However, a few things stuck in my craw and need to be considered before staying here. 1) Housekeeping was extremely slapdash. I found a number of small items on the floor when I arrived, indicating that the room had not been properly vacuumed. I brought this to the management's attention and they were very apologetic, but I continued to find little bits in odd places. Other strange touches -- like my pajamas being thrown in a ball in the corner, my toiletries being scattered around the counter, and so on -- kept on happening. 2) This hotel is popular with large groups of kids. Both weekends I was there, groups arrived, made lots of noise, monopolized the lobby and breakfast room, and generally made my stay less pleasant and more stressful. Be aware. 3) The soundproofing is not adequate. The PA Turnpike is right next to this hotel and one hears it constantly. Secondly, there is a noticeable gap beneath most of the room doors, meaning you hear everything going on in the corridors. That, plus the large groups of kids mentioned above, means noisy nights and mornings.

Room Tip: Try to face away from the PA Turnpike and get a room facing the front or side of the building.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Erichek_SPb
HPHOPGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Erichek_SPb:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Hyatt Place Philadelphia/King of Prussia. While it sounds as though your stay with us was overall satisfactory, we are certainly disappointed to hear that it was not superb. The leadership team has reviewed your comments pertaining to the housekeeping department and we have used them as a training tool in regards to guest satisfaction. You are correct in your assessment of the popularity of our hotel for numerous sports events and tour groups, with our convenient location just off the Pa Turnpike and a hop skip and jump away from the numerous universities, venues and historic landmarks the King of Prussia/Valley Forge area has to offer. Our team makes every effort to minimize the impact of these groups from disturbing guests such as yourself who are here on business, as we cater extensively to the corporate traveler, with our large guestrooms, 24/7 dining and Stay Fit fitness center. I wish to extend to you my most sincere apology that we did not exceed your expectations, yet I certainly hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time your travels take you to the Philadelphia/King of Prussia region.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Everything about this hotel was great! The staff was friendly and helpful! Rooms were very clean. We had a King room, which looked like a suite! The location was great was within a 1 mile of King of Prussia Mall. Great value, money well spent! I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
HP-KOP, Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

What a wonderful experience you had at Hyatt Place! We are so happy to hear about it, and thank you for sharing! Our guests are priority number one and there are many responsibilities that come along with meeting our guests expectations. Clean, spacious rooms and an accommodating dedicated staff are necessities and I am so happy that was a part of your getaway experience.
The King of Prussia mall is just one mile from us as are the Valley Forge National Historic Park and Valley Forge Casino. There are so many local attractions, many of which are accessible by our complimentary shuttle service.
We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to King of Prussia!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here for one night during a weekend trip to Philly. Hotel was very clean, and I loved the rooms. Nice king bed, with a lounge sofa to sit on as well. The hotel is in a great location, with malls, restaurants and casino nearby. They serve breakfast in the lobby, which was just ok, but everything can't be perfect. Wasn't expecting too much anyway. They also have an indoor pool and fitness center as well. However if you are looking for a great hotel to stay and relax, this is a great hotel to stay. Plan on coming back soon, so I can enjoy more of Philly and what the hotel has to offer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
HP-KOP, Manager at Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to know you expect to come back again soon! We have always been excited about our location in King of Prussia. We are central to all of the shopping and entertainment, yet sit back just about a mile from the mall and casino. This allows our guests to escape from the immediate hustle and bustle of the area into a lovely, quiet retreat.
The next time you are able to spend some time with us, I hope you will make use of a few of our other amenities. Our complimentary shuttle service is available should you desire a care-free evening at one of the many local restaurants or sports bars. If you’re looking for a quieter night in, our kitchen is open twenty-four-hours and ready to prepare any dish at any time of night.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon! Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hyatt Place King of Prussia!