“Pleasantly surprised”

Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stopped in King of Prussia on our way back to Minnesota from NYC and had a hard time finding a hotel to stay for one night. We weren't too excited about having to settle for a "Best Western" as I still tend to think of them as the motor lodges from my childhood.

This hotel consisted of the older motor lodge wing and a brand new modern hotel wing, which is where the "PLUS" came from. We did not stay in the older section, so I cannot speak as to whether or not that had been updated, but the new wing was fabulous. Brand new, clean, spacious rooms. There was an outdoor pool and hot tub in a beautifully landscaped courtyard. The breakfast was well stocked - had awesome granola and sausages - yummy!

The only drawback we experienced was the laundry which was more part of the old wing and hard to get to directly from the new wing. The machines were not very modern and it was difficult to get a machine - very busy.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,055)

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Hotel was easy to find. Breakfast was lovely and interior was very nice (pool,room,lobby and Breakfast area). I would definitely stay again.Very close to the King of Prussia mall and restaurants! Our room faced the street so we were not able to enjoy having the balcony and the sliding door was having problems. Internet worked well so overall a good experience which is important because there are many hotels to choose from in this area.

Room Tip: Pick a balcony facing the courtyard
Reviewed 12 September 2011

had a great 2 night stay after shopping at kop mall and philadelphia premium outlets. hotel is located across street from kop mall. it only has 2 stories, so has an intimate feel. rooms had inside entrances but had patios. check in smooth. room was clean. great breakfast with helpful staff. lots of neraby restaurants inside and outside of mall, including a Wawa across street. workout room also was fantastic. i would stay again.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Rooms are clean and reasonably comfortable. Extended continental breakfast (with eggs and waffles and fruit), possible to eat healthy, if you resist the treats. If you want the suite with the jacuzzi, call early! (oversized king room with half wall and sofa bed, good for families with little kids, and a jacuzzi tub in the large bathroom). Connecting rooms have double beds in each, while my preference is for one to be a king or queen and the other two doubles (really, hotel people, parents want a big bed, with two beds for the kids! Fix it!). We stay here when we visit/fetch/deliver our daughter to Bryn Mawr. Nothing exciting, but totally acceptable. The one time there was something weird going on, (calls, someone trying to find me, I'd never heard of), the front desk instantly reacted and took it seriously, and sent security all over, and checked the doors. Exactly what they should do!

1  Thank Thumbelinasmum
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I typically like to check out a hotel before making a reservation but this trip was last minute so I had no time to do my usual prep. The hotels in the Best Western chain can be all over the map in terms of quality of the room. This one in King of Prussia was quite good. I didn't have any issues and as a matter of fact, I was a little surprised at how nice it was for a Best Western. The nice little extras were: fridge, fantastic desk chair, lots of pillows, a window that opens and a very decent bathroom. Oh, and the price was $116 a night which I thought was a very good deal for the area. I didn't like that there was no elevator (I can't confirm that but I didn't see one anywhere near my room). I hate when a hotel goes cheap like that. I was always running late in the morning so I didn't sample the continental breakfast that they boast about. I usually hate all continental breakfasts so I probably wouldn't be a good reviewer of it anyway. I felt very safe in the room, the room lighting was good too. I have a special pet peeve about having to pay for internet at hotels and it's free here so that was good. It's not wireless, you have to hook it to your laptop at the desk so not great if you're trying to use an ipad but I have found in alot of hotels that the wireless isn't so good anyway. Here you can go to the lobby for wireless (but who's going to do that really?). I would stay here again, the location couldn't have been better, right off the highway but I didn't hear any traffic and lots of restaurants and shopping nearby.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2011

clean and very nice room (mine is facing the courtyard, much better than the street) and exceedingly cooperative staff. Good breakfast, nice pool and workout facilities. All in all a good place to stay when you've got things in area west Philly suburbs. Right across the highway from King of Prussia Mall, though I really don't care about that.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We walked in-- without a reservation-- after a full day of museum-visiting in Philadelphia, and were greeted by a cordial and very professional staff who had us in a room within minutes. The room was very nice--clean, with comfortable beds, updated bathroom, new mini-fridge and flat screen tv--just right for a short stay. Complimentary breakfast was fresh, varied, and plentiful, including eggs, waffles, pastries, fruit, yogurt, cereal with milk--and great coffee. All in all--a good stay and a fair price.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends