“Amazing hotel and staff!!”

Radisson Hotel Valley Forge
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I had the pleasure of attending a conference at this hotel and can not think of enough good things to say. They have an ideal location close to different restaurants and shopping. The staff was so helpful and nice, every person I passed made a point to say hello to me. The sleep number beds were amazing! The food served during our meeting and at the hotel restaurant was really good. Annette at the Blue Grotto was so nice and even took a photo for my group. Overall a great hotel that I will certainly visit again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
drohrbaugh, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2011

Thank you so much for posting your experiences. Like many of our guests, it sounds like you were able to mix pleasure with business while attending your conference. Hope to you get the chance to return for leisure so you can take advantage of the nearby shopping and tour Valley Forge National Park.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed 2 June 2011

Hello fellow trip advisors,
I am writing this review as my family and I stayed here and rented the venue for my sisters wedding. Everything was great until some "wedding crashers" crashed the wedding. Of course there was many people upset, but the thing that had upset me the most was how it was handled by the manager. His name slips my mind right now but he was a old taller fellow, dark hair and bald on the top (I will find out his name and repost). After my sister realized they were crasher they began to leave. The manager helped them up the stairs and out of the hall. I then asked if they were still allowed to stay in the hotel and he said that it had been taken care of. All while rolling his eyes at me which just made me more upset (proving that he also thought it must have been a joke). At this time one of his co-workers had informed me that this i quite a common accurance with the pool being down the hallway connected to the area where the wedding was being held.

His responce to me was, "We cannot help it as it is a PUBLIC VENUE." When i asked him to describe his idea of a "public venue" he said "it is a hotel sir." I then informed him that becuase we had rented the hall that it is no longer a public venue. If it was then why did we infact rent it????? (Is this the line they always use with the common accurance of wedding crashers???)

After he stood there trying to ignore me and rolling his eyes i was then informed that the "wedding crashers" had signed my sisters picture that guests were suppose to sign as a memento of their wedding day! Wow that is a great keepsake to hang on your wall for your wedding day!

Finally, when i had asked if he could have someone stand by the door to make sure no one else had shown up in cargo pants and a printed t-shirt to a formal wedding his responce was, "We would have to hire security for that sir" in a smart toned voice. I then asked if he could have one of his SEVEN employees standing behind him to please watch the door and dont let anyone in wearing that type of attire and please dont let them sign the picture.

So all in all we dont know what these "wedding crashers had taken (as all the cards and gifts were also located in the same location as the photo).

My advise to anyone having a wedding at the Raddison in Valley Forge, "Hire security because it is quite obvious that they dont care about you or your wedding just the money."
Also don't count on the manager to help you out because all he is going to try to do is belittle you because he has no skills in handling situations.

Shane

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank trvlfrq
drohrbaugh, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2011

We have the pleasure to host over 120 weddings each year and can assure you this was completely an isolated incident as we find guests of our hotel are typically considerate and do respect private events, especially weddings. Having no past experience with an incident of this nature staff assumed the two individuals were invited guests who changed out of their formal wear; since it was late in the evening people were leaving the reception. To our knowledge the two uninvited guests did not consume any food or beverage and were removed with in minutes of being identified.

Since this was our first incident, staff was trained on how to handle this type of situation in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2011

Great accommodations and supberb staff. The hotel is clean and the bed is very comofortable. I reccommend to try the food, it is the best that I have ever tasted.
Thank you for your hospitality. Job well done.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
drohrbaugh, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2011

Thank you Diab61. I’m glad to hear you found the SleepNumber Beds comfortable and you had a chance to enjoy our restaurant; it really is one of the best steak and seafood restaurant in the area. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 May 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times. I find it unusual. The main building is round so the rooms are shaped like a slice of pie.

The hotel is on the older side, but I have never had a problem with the cleanliness of the rooms. The bathrooms are kept up to date (the grout, shower, etc).

I have always been treated courteously by the checkin/checkout staff and at the restaurant.

They have fresh fruit on the buffet which I really enjoy.

There is shopping nearby (a few minutes drive) and the hotel is close to major highways.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your posting. We really appreciate hearing from our repeat guests and I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the fresh fruit. Many of your employees have been with us for a long time so you may have recognized a few of them. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 May 2011

people seem to be okay ,hotel is not recommended.
It was distressful stay here.
needs separate service elevator & better hinges on room doors.
need better quality of shampoos and conditioners, bath soaps.
they great service of king of prussia mall shuttle and pick up....which is the only service I was happy about!!!

Room Tip: bring own shapmoo-conditioner
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
drohrbaugh, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Thank you for posting and I’m glad you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle service to the King of Prussia Mall. Sounds like we both wish there were more elevators; although we rarely run into over crowding issues and enjoy sharing the elevators with our guests. We hope to see you back for your next shopping excursion or maybe just a relaxing weekend. We offer a great shopping package which includes a $50 Visa Gift Card.

Reviewed 10 May 2011

Asked for room with sleep number bed however upon check-in there was no remote for the sleep number bed. After 4-1/2 hours and numerous calls to the front desk as well as visits to the front desk, maintenance arrived to see what was wrong with the bed. We explained there was no remote for the bed. Maintenance staff advised he wasn't sure we had a sleep number bed. After checking he realized we did have a sleep number bed. He thereafter rummaged through the pillows and covers on the bed looking for the remote. He then left and returned in about 15 minutes with a remote. Thereafter we noticed "objects" in the bed and asked for hotel assistance. Security staff and a maintenance worker were sent to room. Maintenance worker arrived with a cordless drill to poke at items in bed. Hotel staff thereafter took two of the objects in a glass with them when they left. They also rummaged through all the pillows and covers looking for more objects (I guess). We asked for our money to be returned and were only offered to stay in the room we were already in or they would move us to another room. We chose to leave this hotel. Received survey/comment sheet after our stay and we relayed our experience with the hope they would refund our money for such poor customer service/accommodations, however, we were offered 3,000 points on a rewards card to stay at one of their hotels in the future.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank staynshop
drohrbaugh, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2011

I’m sorry to hear about the misunderstanding with the bed type. Radisson no longer requires Sleep Number beds and we have replaced several of them with the new Radisson plush pillow top mattresses because we find many of our customers prefer this type. Although I note you were offered accommodations in a room with a Sleep Number bed, I will follow up with the operations management team to ensure there is no repeat of this type of occurrence. Thank you for the posting and allow us to address your concern.

Reviewed 9 May 2011

Overall a great hotel. It is just to big. It is so easy to get lost here. Meeting facilites we great and the chef here is amazing.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. I’m glad you had a chance to enjoy some of the new menu items we offer; we hear this often. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Travel Safe.