“What Renovations?”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Edinburg, Virginia
“What Renovations?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was planning a visit back to the Valley Forge Casino and was only able to get one night at the Valley Forge Resort, so I rolled the dice and went with the attached Raddison. Boy was that a mistake. My first night at the Valley Forge was very nice with a large room, very large bathroom etc...When I checked into the Raddison, which might I say does not offer valet service like the attached Valley Forge, I was shocked. This hotel is way outdated. Our room was so small the king size bed took up most of it. There was no sitting area and the bathroom was barely big enough to shower and get out with the door closed. There was mold on the bathroom ceiling, stains on their carpets, and scratches all over the door to the bathroom and the exit door. The vending machine on our floor (13th) didnt work and no one seemed too concerned about that. There was no fridge to keep a drink cold either. I think all their money went into the lobby because after that, well lets just say dont go any further. If your headed to Valley Forge and cant stay at their resort then please go back down the road and find another one.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pjwilliams69
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel and your room during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Wilmington, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I had made reservations 6 weeks in advance. I had called that far in advance and was assured that although they couldn't guarantee a King size bed and with a window in it. I also called the day before and was told that because I was checking in before 3 I would not have a problem having a room with a window. When I arrived they told me I couldn't have a room with a window with a king size bed. Because I need a king size bed and not 2 twin beds. I took the one without the window. I was sadly wrong to stay in that room. It was so musty that my nose was stuffed up all night and it went into my lungs. I was attending a trade show and they told me when I came back the next day they would have a better room. I came back at 5 pm and they hadn't heard of my being told that I could have another room. At this point I just decided to let it be. Another night of mustiness and not breathing. The bathroom door couldn't even close unless you slammed it hard. It was really warped! I will not return to this hotel. Food in bar over priced and very small portions. 3 dollars for s sprite was ridiculous. Rip off city. I orgot no wash cloths in room

Room Tip: If you like to breathe clean air stay out of basement rooms. I don't know what window rooms are...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank joelay
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed there for 2 days in Sept. Rooms are a little dated but found them very clean. They had all tghe amenities you would expect and you never needed more towels and stuff.
Supplied you with water every day

The hotel was attached to casino and it was a very short walk
Casino was cleanest I have seen in a long time and had plenty of slots
Restaurants were OK and the prices were reasonable
Breakfast buffet did lack variety and the $15 a person charge was a little to much for what they offered but the food was good
Not a bad place to stay convenient to everything around and they had a shuttle toe the king of Prussia mall left every hour

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jazzman
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay and are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. The entire staff works very hard to provide an exceptional experience in all areas and it is good to hear when someone enjoys their experience. We appreciate your input on breakfast and it will be discussed with the responsible individuals. We hope you have the opportunity to return in the near future.
Arlington Heights, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I honestly can't think of a single good thing to say about this particular hotel other than I didn't have to drive anywhere after attending the nice wedding reception there. Finding a parking space was a nightmare. Rude and unresponsive probably isn't strong enough to describe the front desk staff. The hotel looked old and desperately was in need of the updates they had started on it. The elevators for the tower were falling apart. You try getting stuck in an elevator coming down from your room with a 3 year old! The room was old and one of the sleep number beds was broken. If you need to stay near King of Prussia, I'd highly recommend you stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: If you absolutely must stay here, I'd try to stay in one of the rooms that have been updated.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mjk037
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future as we have started renovations to improve the hotel. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
WILLIAMSPORT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We received a room that had the ice machine right outside of our door. Heard it every hour till about 3am. Room service meal was the worst I have had. The other food in the hotel was good. They had my reservation wrong, but to their credit they were great in correcting it. The room was updated, but it was an inside room and very dark. The lighting could use a major upgrade. We were told when we made the reservation that we would have a sleep number bed. Not even close.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machine rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
My apologies for the location of your room near the ice machine and that it disturbed your sleep. I am not sure if you brought this to the attention of the front desk but they should have been more than accommodating a room change for you to a quieter location. I will review your room service comment with the appropriate personnel. There should be no difference between room service and restaurant quality I am delighted that the front desk corrected the issue with your reservation to your satisfaction. We do have windowless interior rooms and have addressed lighting levels to compensate, apparently not enough and we will review. We have Sleep Number beds in many of our rooms but they are being phased out over time. We have been replacing these with an exceptional product and it was disappointing to hear that you did not like the mattress. We appreciate you taking the time to bring these issues to our attention.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

The room was immaculate because we were the first people to stay in it. You could smell the freshly laid carpet. As far as appearance, I was very impressed with how the hotel looked. It is very upscale and fancy looking. There are restaurants onsite but they are on the expensive side. You can walk to the Valley Forge casino area and go to the food pavilion which is still a little high for what they serve but it is more affordable than the other places. The food is good.

It is a good place to go if you want to spend the day at Valley Forge or if you are in the area and want to spend the night at the casino. It is a distance from downtown Philly. If you do not have your own car or rent a car it is a difficult location to get to(but not impossible). It is on a bus line (125) but it is good to know the schedule because sometimes the buses run infrequently.

It seemed like we had to wait long periods of time for almost everything, even simple things. I know the hotel is new so maybe the employees are still learning. There were a couple of mix-ups while we there. There was a mix-up with the luggage and information about the shuttle running from the hotel. I think the shuttle should expand service since the hotel is in such a remote location.

I was a little disappointed with the casino. When you sign up as a new member you get nothing. I think the hotel could offer a few more perks to entice people to go there. An indoor pool area would be great as well. The pool is outside so I did not use it because the weather was not really good for swimming. The private gym looked nice though I did not use it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. It would have been helpful to know more about the service issues you mentioned to be able to address them more succinctly. We spend a great deal of time and effort to provide great service to our guests and it would have been a help to have specifics to address and correct. We do have a number of promotions for the casino; in fact, the latest promotion is if you are signing up for a Players Card for the first time you get $100 in free slot play. You should have been informed of this promotion if your stay was recent. I hope that you have the opportunity to return and see that the items you addressed are not indicative of the level of service and product we strive to achieve.
Reading, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

We waited forever to be checked in for a reservation I made a week ago for a fantasy suite! It's after 3:00pm and apparently my suite is not ready! This was an anniversary celebration and so far I'm very disappointed!! We waited close to an hour which is unacceptable. We were offered two plastic cups of tap water. Our CD player was broken and we had to ask for batteries for the remote.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank nitaboo3
We appreciate your comments regarding your check in at the Radisson Valley Forge. We apologize for any delay in the check in process but many times this is caused by previous guests not departing on a timely basis, this can become more of an issue with the Fantasy as there is no other room option for the reservation. We make every attempt to have rooms ready as early as possible and certainly understand your frustration. There is, however, no excuse for anything in the room to be non-operational as these items should have been detected by our housekeeping staff and corrected. I apologize for any inconvenience this caused you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
#6 of 16 in King of Prussia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phila...
#3 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia
Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King ...
#7 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Radisson Hotel Valley Forge? Share your experiences!