“Cruise ship rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Orlando, Florida
“Cruise ship rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

First time that I had a room with no windows. Pleasantly quiet, clean and nice. Hotel is sprawled out. Stayed here for a conference. Starbucks coffee in the lobby restaurant; Nosh Deli. We hosted a separate event and were delighted by the outstanding service their catering team extended! Lindsay was a pleasure to work with and insured that our event was handled.
The airport shuttle group that they work with was on time picking me up from the airport. Cash only.
There are a few quick serve restaurants in the casino for on-site food options

Room Tip: go for the rooms with no windows:)
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
It was nice to hear your comments regarding your event and especially Lindsay. We have an exceptional sales and catering team that is focused on the guest experience and the success of the event. The facility is large but that enables us to offer numerous options to our guests for dining, meetings and events which adds to the events that we host. We appreciate you taking the time let us know of your experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I can't complain about the actual hotel, it was clean and I had a nice room. The staff however - where do I start?? This hotel really had nothing but a mall that you catch a shuttle to near by. I was staying for a conference, but wanted to get to Philly. I asked no less than 5 staff about what to do in the area, (they all said the mall) and was told to take a cab and a train ($70.00) later to philly. The last day were there one staff finally told us about a bus, that stops right in front of the hotel, takes you to downtown Philly, all for $2.50! Too little, too late.
I was woken by cleaning staff having a fabulous time in the hallways, at 6:50 am, and also knocking and screaming "cleaning service" on every door!!
The "chef" that does the omelets for the buffet was so miserable looking, I almost didn't want to eat there. The restaurant was very average, although the catered food during the conference was amazing.
If you aren't a gambler I am not sure why anyone would stay here, we had nothing to do every evening.
Many staff didn't even acknowledge we were there, very odd...

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I certainly apologize for any inconvenience our directions may have caused you. The easiest way and least expensive way to get to Philadelphia is to have our van take you to the mall close by and catch a bus from that location. At that point you can take a bus direct to the city without changes. There are numerous ways, including trains, so I can understand the variety of answers you may have received. It is also concerning that you were disturbed by individuals at 6:50 AM. Our team does not go on the floors until 8:00 AM so my thought is that we had some individuals unassociated with the hotel staff that felt they were being amusing at the expense of others. It was concerning to hear your comments regarding Nosh Deli and our omelet chef. The two individuals that we use in that position are typically exceptional with our guests and it is disappointing to hear that was not your experience. We get continuous comments on our staff’s friendliness in all areas which again, gives me concerns that you did not find that to be true. Again, my apologies for these issues.
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Where do I start? I was disappointed in what I thought would be a quality experience (a conference).

I do want to point out that the staff was very nice and helpful, and all systems (reservations, check-in, check-out, room service, etc) all went as expected. And the gentleman who delivered breakfast to my room was cheerful and polite. He even remembered what I had ordered from the morning before! The wifi worked great in the room and the conference meeting rooms.

However, for the 3 days I was there, my bed was never made even though housekeeping entered my room each day.

My air conditioner would not work correctly.

There was soap scum in a couple of locations in the bathroom.

The carpet looked like it had not been vacuumed.

I attended a function in the western-themed bar downstairs, and the tables and bar stools were covered with spilled drinks from the night before.

I had no "do not disturb" sign in my room. The morning I checked out, housekeeping knocked on my door 3 times before check-out time. Each time, I answered that I was checking out and did not need service.

I was surprised not to find a sign about saving water and reusing towels. Although I hung up my towel each morning, I was given clean towels each day. I prefer to keep my towels and save the water. I would think a corporation as large as the Radisson would have some kind of "green" program. They did not have any recycling or any evidence of care for the environment. Or is this a Pennsylvania thing?

None of these things alone were a problem, but together, they began to get irritating. I would not choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: I suggest not choosing or accepting one of their room without windows. Yes, I typed that correctly...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to bring these issues to our attention. We work extremely hard to provide an exceptional product and it is disappointing when that is not achieved. There is no excuse for any area of the hotel to be dirty and totally unacceptable that your bed was not made during the time you were staying at the hotel and soap scum. I can assure you that this is not a normal occurrence and we will follow up as best as possible to address. We also do instruct our attendant on a continuous basis to pay attention to the conservation measures in the rooms. We do have individuals working that do not feel they are providing proper service if they don’t replace towels for the guest and we are working with them on the process. We do have windowless rooms, which a number of guests prefer, but many do not. The front desk should be informing guests that the room they are being checked into and given the option of a windowed room. I apologize that this did not happen in this instance.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband was feeling romantic and decided to book a fantasy suite, the thought was nice. When we arrived front desk staff were nice and helpful but when we turned the corner and got in the elevator OMG!!! First off were cracks and severe water damage and cracked ceiling tiles then door closed we didn't think elevator was gonna make it to 14 floor (felt like I was in bad bad horror movie) got to 14 floor had to go up flight of stairs to 15 where fantasy rooms are one the real horror starts had the shogun room it was pitch black had to use phone to find light switch the room floor has different levels we both almost fell few times . When we finally found the light switches was shocked NO Windows (room is on exterior wall) no chair to sit on and was NOT sitting on the floor the decor was cheep, dingy, dirty ,and shabby hot tub was dirty big hole in was when you first come in room ( missed it at first cause it was so dark) if it wasn't for the fact that we were tired would have left slept with one eye open tv and lights on was scared something was gonna come out from somewhere... Could not get out of there fast enough didn't even shower there didn't want to bring home any new friends....... NEVER WILL WE STAY AT A RADISSON HOTEL!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Candace G
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Radisson Valley Forge. I apologize for the condition you found your room. The Fantasy Suites are being reviewed for renovation at this time but there is no excuse for the conditions that you experienced. I checked our guest logs and did not see any comments listed for Shogun so I am thinking that you did not relay these comments to the desk. They certainly would have reacted and given you accommodations in one of our newly redecorated rooms. We are also in the process of renovating our elevator cabs, guest corridors and numerous other areas throughout. I sincerely apologize for your experience and have used your input to address a process that will expedite the suite refurbishing process.
Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Room, bathroom were clean, although did not like the sink not being in the bathroom so it wasn't private...The western type bar had sticky floors and the person who checked our ID card returned them to wrong people

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you for your comments and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We work very hard to provide exceptional service and quality and it appears that we did not achieve this during your stay. We will review your comments and experience with our staff to enable us to address these issues.
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed three nights for a business meeting. The rooms were great, and the restaurant good service and quality. Staff was very helpful. We were on the 12th floor, the sleep by number was wonderful. Check-in and check out went smoothly even there were many people trying to check in at the same time. I would definitely recommend this Radisson. Because of meetings I wasn't able to go into the casino, next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay. The staff works extremely hard to provide exceptional service and product quality and it is gratifying to hear when the effort is appreciated. We hope you have the opportunity to return soon.
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spent five nights here during a conference in May. It was okay, but didn't meet my expectations. Front desk staff was helpful and efficient, parking was plentiful and the main areas were clean. However there was no useable wifi internet access in my room, and the room was noisy from other guests on the floor. I was disappointed that the room did not have a refrigerator or coffee maker. One day during my stay housekeeping never came. The facility is older, but well-maintained. There are a number of places to eat in the hotel and the adjacent casino hotel complex, but they are quite pricey for what they offer. Since my event was on-site this hotel was a convenient option for me, but there are a number of other nearby hotels that I would consider first if I were to return to the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to bring these items to our attention. We do apologize for the WiFi issues and all rooms should have proper signal strength and access. We certainly have the available bandwidth and are checking all access points for proper operation. We apologize for the noise inconvenience; there was a large and active convention in the house and considerable traffic which more than likely created some inconvenience. We hope that you reported this to the front desk and we were able to address and correct the issue for you. No all our rooms have microwaves and refrigerators, but all should have coffee makers. We do have a supply of microwaves and refrigerators on hand which are provided complimentary, however, at times due to demand we are unable to provide them to all that request. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near King of Prussia
Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel
#7 of 16 in King of Prussia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Phila...
#3 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King of Prussia
Hyatt Place Philadelphia / King ...
#6 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Radisson Hotel Valley Forge? Share your experiences!