“Decent hotel - Casino needs improvement”

Radisson Hotel Valley Forge
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The location of this Radisson was close to Valley Forge National Park which was a great experience. The park is beautiful and the guides are knowledgeable about the history. The people working at the hotel were very nice and professional but the hotel was a little old and needed some updating. The room was large and roomy. The maid service was only average as the maid only made the bed in the morning but did not provide any clean towels in the bathroom. We went to 3 restaurants at the hotel and they were all very good. The casino was definitely one I would not go back to. The non-smoking section was right on top of the smoking section and you could not get away from the stench of smoke. The music was blasting and it was painful to stay in the casino. There was not a good selection of machines. If you like video poker, there were only 2 rows of those machines. If you are staying at the hotel, you have free access to the casino. If you are not a hotel guest, you have to pay $10 to get into the casino. I have never heard of a casino charging customers to get in!

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are in the planning process for a renovation of the tower which should be started the first quarter of 2015. I am quite confident you would be impressed with the designs and the transformation they will make. All towels should be replaced daily if requested by the guest. Our procedure is to replace any terry that is not hung back on racks per the instructions in the bathrooms and I certainly apologize that this was not done in this instance. We separate the smoking and non-smoking sections of the casino to prevent what you described. We also have a substantial air exchange in the casino to eliminate smoke in the air which is usually very effective. Apparently it must not have been working to capacity while you were here. I apologize for any inconvenience. Our gaming license mandates a $10 entry fee to the casino which can be obtained by staying in the hotel or spending $10 or more in any of our outlets throughout the hotel. We have no options other than charging based on the criteria imposed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This does create a more secure atmosphere which our regular guests mention regularly.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The air conditioner was super loud. I had to shut it off in order to have a pleasant phone conversation, but I was able to tolerate the white noise at night and get a great night's sleep on the sleep number bed. There were several pillows on the bed...I was lucky enough to have one foam pillow, so that was a nice surprise. They charge $2 for sodas/water in the vending machines on the room floors, but they're 20oz bottles so I guess that price isn't too bad. The room was spacious and had a nice view and small balcony. Very clean. I would stay there again for sure. I was only there for one night so I didn't get to experience any of the amenities (restaurants, pool, etc.), so I can't comment on those.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed the room and the bed and apologize for the noisy air conditioner in your room. If you reported this our engineering staff they should have been able to address the issue to your satisfaction. We have several options to correct this and if we did not respond appropriately, I apologize. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again and enjoy the variety of amenities offered by the hotel.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I just booked for a 5-night stay (8/28-9/2) on Priceline as I'm going home to visit family and me and my sister want to be able to hit the casino on a daily basis - I play the tables and she plays the slots. I probably spend 40% of the year in hotels so I'm looking forward to staying here and actually offering a true travelers review. I'm definitely a Marriott girl but the price was right and we definitely wanted the casino (nice not to have to drive to Atlantic City). So STAY TUNED for my review... I'm a bit disappointed at the cleanliness of the rooms, bed bugs and not having windows in some of the rooms but plan on going in with a positive attitude to give a true insight of my stay, my room, the housecleaning and the amenities. I will share pictures as well and will update my rating after my stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments regarding your future stay at the Radisson Valley Forge. We are confident that you will enjoy your stay. We do have windowless rooms in part of the facility and we do explain that to guests checking in. If that may be a problem let the desk know and they will make every attempt to locate you in a tower room. We take a very proactive approach in controlling all issues and have minimal occurrences based on the level of business experienced. I can assure you that we do work diligently to provide an exemplary level of service and quality to our guests.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The room was absolutely disgusting. The bath tub was dirty, and when we pulled back the covers on the bed, there was a condom wrapper in the sheets. I had to shower when I got home because I felt so gross after being there. Do not stay at this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

OK but not that great for a Radisson I think rooms could be better and food before the reception but then this is Phila,Pa area and I am from farm and coal region off PA so I do not eat these things they do in Phila

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We have many weddings at our facility each year and focus on the quality of service and food for every event. As a result we have a very high success ratio but always look to improve. We are in the process of reviewing our wedding packages and will take you input into consideration.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Sweetheart Package is the way to go! Great value which includes dinner and breakfast. I highly recommend staying there for just a one night get away or several nights. Lots to do. Gamble, shop, dancing etc.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thanks for your input and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the value our packages offer. We are proud of the number of quality venues we offer, for our many dining outlets to the casino. We hope you have the opportunity to return.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed there 7.13.14 and I I stayed there 7.14.14 for a training event with my wife and there were 3 elevator and only 1 working...I wanted to find another place but opt to stay because of short notice for another place. ...but after traveling over 100 miles and paying top dollar I expect to not wait 25 minutes for a room.I upgraded to a room with a bed that suppose to adjust and that wasn't working...I wanted to go for a lapswim but the outdoor pool was a toy..The casino was OK..The staff was not helpful when I tried to get extra coffee for my room...

I filled out their survey and the manager Matthew DeAnthony said this:

We would like to make the situation right for you by awarding you with 38,000 Club Carlson points, which is enough for one free night at our property or another Carlson property of your choosing. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Matthew DeAnthony
Assistant Front Office Manager
610-768-318

but I called him and left messages but got no where..

• Stayed: July 2014
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Radisson. I do apologize for the inconvenience created by one of our elevators being down. Unfortunately this was an issue we had no control over or no advance warning that these necessary repairs needed to be done. We get many compliments on our pool area and the size and it is an extremely popular amenity during the season. It is not ideal for lap swimming due to its clover shape and typically high usage. There is no excuse the Sleep Number bed not working in your room. We spend substantial time and effort checking for proper operation and repairing as necessary and this tells me that the proper procedures were not followed by housekeeping and engineering. Both the front desk and room’s staff have extra coffee available to supply our guests. There should have been no delay or question for this request. I apologize for our lack of response. I do see that we did respond to your initial comment and compensated you for your stay; again, I apologize for the inconvenience.