“Stayed in the Jungle Room”

Radisson Hotel Valley Forge
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My friends and I came to this hotel for a Birthday party. We enjoyed the free upgrade to the fantasy rooms and the restaurant/casino were ok. The elevators are very slow so be prepared to wait a long time or take the steps. The staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Thanks for your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed the upgrade to the Fantasy Suite. We have had several elevator challenges which did inconvenience our guests with much longer wait times than usual. They were unusual occurrences, especially when they happened at the same time. I can assure you this has been reviewed with our elevator maintenance provider to limit future issues. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed 30 August 2014

The Radisson was a great experience for our annual family reunion. The service was good, the location was great, parking was good, entertainment was great. The hotel staff worked extremely hard with the challenges serving us while remodeling was taking place. The elevators need to be overhalued however they made sure that work was being done. Overall it was a great deal for being a solid hotel. The building is not five stars however the staff is.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thanks for your comments and we are delighted that the staff responded to your needs. We have been doing a substantial amount of renovations and while they will enhance your future guest experience they can at times be disruptive to guests in house. We did have some elevator issues which now have been resolved and I apologize for that inconvenience.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Well located hotel. Check in/out easy. Beds clean. Generally, we have had an acceptable experience at Radisson, King of Prussia. This visit was the exception as the maid completely ignored the bathroom. Fortunately, we are not particularly messy people. We received a complimentary breakfast for this oversight.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thanks for bringing the housekeeping issue to our attention. We wished that you had brought the problem to our attention it would have been addressed immediately. We require a full refresh of all occupied rooms and the bathroom should have been addressed daily. I am sorry that this did not happen in this instance and it has been reviewed with the appropriate personnel.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

The hotel was wonderful, our room was wonderful and the staff was also wonderful!! We had the room theme King for A Night, My husband and I loved the theme room and it was great for his birthday. The only issue I had with the hotel was the elevator; we had to wait 34 min for an elevator. Only 1 elevator was working on a Saturday night. One elevator with a capacity of 18 is unacceptable. If my overall experience was not so wonderful that would have deterred me.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We certainly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the elevators. We had an issue with two of our elevators and were attempting to get the repairs expedited by our service as quickly as possible and unfortunately it took much longer than anticipated. This was an extermely unusual situation and one that we would not expect to repeat. It was good to hear that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay and I hope you give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Hotel was nice. Front Desk check-in leaves a lot to be desired. The attitude of the check-in when a problem arose was not handled as I would expect. Also not enough "working" elevators. Had to wait and very crowded.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Richard B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for your comments. I was very concerned with your comments regarding the front desk. This is typically and very efficient and accomodating staff and it was disappointing that you did not experience this. We did have elevator issues that night which were outside of our control. We did attempt to expedite the repairs with our servive company but they unfortuantely took much longer than anticipated. I certainly apologize for your inconvenience.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I had a very great experience at the hotel as I was there for a convention that was held in the hotel. The facilities were very clean and the staff was kind. There were some minor issues with my room, but the staff was efficient in handling them. The issues in my room were that my bathroom door didn't close, and the key card scanner on my door reset itself multiple times throughout my 4 day stay. They staff handled these issues and took great care of me. Other minor issues: there was only one package for regular coffee and 4 decaf, this was resolved when I went down to ask for more from the front desk. Also The TV, and desk lamp were unplugged so I had to rearrange the room to crawl around and plug them in. Other than that my stay at the hotel was amazing.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay but disappointing that you experienced so many little inconveniences. The success is in the attention to details and it is apparent that we dropped the ball. I have reviewed your comments with both the front desk and housekeeping to stress the importance of the details. Again, thanks for your very constructive comments.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

For an older hotel, the building appeared to be maintained, exception were the elevators (3) and was an issue when two of them went out of service for a 14 floor facility. Waitresses and service at the hotel's restaurant was very good and if questions about menu or facility were asked, they were willing to share information and if they didn't have an awareness, they sought the answers.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thanks for your comments. We, very frustratingly, had an elevator issue on Saturday and lost two elevators due to mechanical issues. We worked diligently with our service company to get them back in service but it took much longer than ever anticipated. This is a very unusual situation but it did inconvenience a large number of guests. It was good to hear that you did enjoy the staff and their responsiveness. Thanks for your input.