“Staff was very helpful and accomodating” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Clifton, New Jersey
“Staff was very helpful and accomodating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

We arrived Monday while guests were checking out after the nearby US Open. We had requested an early check in and got there about 12:15. Our room was not ready and we had a lot of stuff, plus my husband is handicapped. They loaded all of our stuff onto a bellman's cart and we didn't wait too long before the room was ready. Al helped us up to the room, as I was playing bridge at 1:30, had to rush off. Al also helped my husband get into my friends' car and helped us with his walker. I thought I lost something in the room and the maid cleaned very carefully. Make sure to join Hilton Honors before you go there. It will get you a free continental buffet breakfast or for $5, all of the hot foods, including eggs made to order.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DianeC91

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Voorhees, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

This is decent hotel, but it is nothing special. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The beds are (very) comfortable. The television/entertainment center was confusing and difficult to use. The internet service was spotty. I would stay here again, but I would hardly be sad if the inn were booked and I had to stay elsewhere in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stayed there during the US Open. It is a lovely hotel and the USGA arranged a shuttle every day to the Merion golf course. It has a mediocre bar and a less than that dining room. Both have excellent servers but the "chef" (using that term very loosely) should go dig ditches. Check in was a circus of the enept...I got my warm cookie but it was beyond cold before our reservation was found. Our room was very nice but not cleaned appropriately with crumbs and dust in out of the way areas. We left our room each day at around 8am and returned at 4pm...it was not made up and the housekeeper told me she has to clean 17 rooms a day and that is why ours was not done....guess we were to be #17. When it was made up, it was sloppy and no towels. Upon leaving we apprised the manager there is a problem there and she seemed very distressed by that and I feel she is going to get to the bottom of it. I am sure of it! But sure would be a blessing to guests of that dining room and bar got a turn around.

Room Tip: I usually choose Embassy Suites....only had one bad one out of perhaps 40 stays with them...that is...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vegasGIRL77
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

This is a hotel in which I've had over 15 stays at for business and i recommend this hotel for both family and business travelers. This hotel meets standard Doubletree by Hilton service and quality.
- All the rooms I've stayed at were clean and spacious. This chain of hotels do not offer in-room microwaves or a fridge, however they do offer a good dining area with decent variety of food. As a Hilton Hhonors member, I always get a free drink in the evening and free full breakfast. Some of the bathrooms are bigger than others, however they are always clean and I actually like and use the shampoo, conditioner, and lotion, as I like the smell and the items are of decent quality as I usually bring my own items in almost all other hotels I stay at.
- The main lobby, and dining area is spacious, clean, and up-to-date. There is a coffee station to the left as you face the check-in counter, and it is changed to water in the afternoons.
- The workout room is really spacious and open 24 hours. It is bi-level making 1 area devoted to cardio and the lower level that include some nautilus machines and free weights. I really like this area, because it just offers enough space for more than the typical cramped workout rooms in so many other hotels. These workout cardio and machines are all up-to-date and makes it inviting to workout with.
- In this same hallway, across from the workout room, there is a sitting area that is away from the lobby which is never used, but its nice to look at. Also, in the back is an outdoor pool area that is well maintained.
- The breakfast offers several different options in a buffet style, however I always order food from the chef and I pretty much help myself to get my own food for everything and the servers just bring you coffee or oj. The food at both dinner and breakfast has always been good food as well as the service.
- While this hotel is not close to the nearest major airport (PHL), everyone has a vehicle and like what other reviewers have noted, both check-in and check-out can be a long walk from where you park your vehicle to the front desk. However, on the 3rd floor, you can walk to a back door and have a much easier access to the parking lot. One downside is that the area immediately outside of this exit door almost always have over flowing trash and frequently I am dodging trash as I walk in and out of this back, but heavily used, door.
- While there are 3 shopping areas all within a very short distance, the most notable is the King of Prussia Mall, which is very large and has all kinds of stores and offers many dining options as well.
- While a key card is required to access your room floor, if you just take the stairs, you can access in and out of any floor without any security required, including access to and from the main lobby.
- Also, while everything else is clean and nice, the stairwell is poor and I almost always find dead bugs, left over food, and cigarettes on the stairs in many of the visits I have made. However, I am in the high minority that actually use the stairs and since it doesn't affect my room, sleep, service, and the great workout room, so I'm not going to let it affect my overall rating.
- Finally, I like this hotel, because the price I get for the rooms are cheaper than the Hampton Inn right down the road and so I'm getting more services at a cheaper price when I compare the two Hilton brands, there is no contest, I will select the Doubletree every time.

Room Tip: If you are given a room far away from the elevator, it is likely closer to the back door on the 3rd...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sonixgirl77
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

This was a Hilton years ago and it remains a decent place to stay. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and courteous; we were treated as Hilton Honors guests - something we don't always get (lately Hilton has been better at this). Breakfast was pricey, but very good.

I would have given an excellent review except for 2 things.

One, there was a towel in the bathroom with something on it - my wife thought it was lipstick. This is inexcusable.

Two, we returned to the hotel after 11PM and had some difficulty finding a parking spot - finally settling on a place in the dirt lot outside the lighting parameters. There was a large convention/meeting going on the next day, so I realize this was more or less out of control of the hotel property, but still......

That being said, this is still a nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Wilmington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary at the DoubleeTree by Hilton in King of Prussia, PA. The staff was attentive and courteous and recognized our celebration upon our arrival. The lobby was open and our room was clean, bright, and fresh. After a dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse nearby, we returned to our room to find a complimentary cheese and fruit platter and a bottle of wine with a congratulatory note from the staff. What a nice gesture! The location can't be beat, with the King of Prussia mall across the street and numerous fine dining esatblishments nearby. I highly recommend Ruth's Chris - best filet and wine - as well as the surprisingly awesome Seasons 52 - the best fish tacos I have ever had! We will be sure to return to King of Prussia soon, and we WILL be staying the the DoubleTree by Hilton!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Carl C
Mason, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here for a nearby college graduation. The front desk staff was very nice and accommodated our request for a double room, even though they were very busy and we had booked through a discount service. Lobby is spacious, bright, and pleasant. Three elevators so you don't have to wait long. Room was pleasant with a desk, desk chair, and lounge chair; beds were very comfortable. Bathroom was nice with granite counter and bathtub-sized shower stall rather than a bathtub. Lots of lovely hot water. Free wireless, although we found that it was rather slow in the mornings unless we used our Hilton Honors number to tap into that particular dedicated (free) wireless channel. There were free newspapers at the desk on weekdays. There's a safe in the closet that is big enough for jewelry, a laptop & an iPad with room to spare. Workout room was large and very well equipped. We used the pool and it was clean and cool, with big soft towels on hand, lots of chaise lounge chairs and water jets into the pool that children would enjoy. The pool was only 3' deep everywhere--rather difficult for an adult to swim in, but I suppose good for kids. On the negative side, every time I tried to get coffee in the lobby, the urn was empty or nearly empty. They need to be more attentive to this. There was not very often free fruit or whatnot in the lobby as there usually is at a Doubletree, and when there was, it was always apples. You have to walk a LONG way from the parking lot, since the front door is the only way in, and there's only a few parking spots in front-- most parking is around the side and it's quite a big building. (But the view is tremendous as the hotel sits atop a hill). Cleaning was probably the worst I've ever had at a hotel--although the staff was nice. We left a tip the first day, but they forgot to empty the trash. Things like the iron were not always put away. Do they have trouble keeping staff?? Front desk staff were pleasant and some were great but some seemed confused. The Plymouth Meeting Doubletree is a nice alternative and you get a suite with a mini-kitchen, but I liked this Doubletree better for the newness and cleanliness of the public areas, the room features and decor, and the friendly and helpful staff. Disappointed in some areas, but we would recommend and would use again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have a lovely view. Our room on the 4th floor was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family