“Room 610 is the pits!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
“Room 610 is the pits!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Room 610 at this hotel had a musty smell..wet sheets... broken pullout...no holder for the toilet paper in the bathroom. I have been to other Doubletree Hotel in the past and this room has to be the worst. What a disappointment!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you do not take room 610
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JoAnn M
Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior guest service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. I am so sorry that your room did not meet our standards, and this is completely unacceptable. Please know that I have brought this to the Director of Room's attention to ensure that appropriate action can take place. Again, I am very sorry we did not meet our Hilton standards during your visit.
Care Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were there during the K of C convention. We couldn't have asked for more. The front desk was very hospitable and also very helpful with directions. The food and the service staff were outstanding. We were surprised at the level of quality at this hotel. The only issue was we had to leave! We definitely would come back for a visit to the King of Prussia area to do some shopping and stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Check out the hotel's restaurant called T. Burkes, it's better than most in the area!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John Suzanne W
Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed the friendly staff, and your dining experience at T. Burke's Gastro Pub! We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the Valley Forge area.
Bordentown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Following a back surgery, I was required to stay within 15 miles of the surgical center to recuperate for a day. I chose the Doubletree because everyone I spoke with at the surgical center expressed how friendly and accommodating the staff was at the Doubletree. The reviews did not disappoint! The staff was very friendly, the beds were comfortable, and I didn't notice any noise at night that other reviewers complained of. They also had a delicious breakfast buffet in the morning. I would definitely recommend the Doubletree to those looking for a warm and comforting environment!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank GinaKay13
Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed the friendly staff, the beds, and the breakfast buffet while you were here. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the King of Prussia area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

One word before I continue - COOKIE.

Every time I spend my nights at a DoubleTree I anticipate the front desk's sweet question. Um, yeah please. Chocolate chip walnut cookie (not sure if all DT offers the same type of cookie). Soft moist chewy engaging carby moment. Paired well with this hotel's offering of the Coffee Bean chamomile tea. So excite to see CB here. Good job!

As mentioned above, they offer Coffee Bean English breakfast and chamomile teas in the rooms along with the CB morning blend coffees. Nestlé coffee-mate original creamers should be fine for most.

Appreciate the daily 2 free bottled waters too. I haven't seen the Kala Falls spring water brand since our stay at the Miami Sofitel. Sweet.

The Crabtree and Evelyn citron honey & coriander line is in the bathroom. The scent is par for guys 'n gals.

I personally prefer a walk-in shower instead of a bathtub so I was pleased. How fortunate!

After reading other reviews, I guess the stars were in our favor to have a quiet night's sleep maybe because we were at the end unit/corner of the hotel. 'Twas silent, y'all. Good thing too since he had to get up uber early.

Just minutes away is the King of Prussia mall (KOP baby). Like 2 minutes for serious by car. Take a left out on the pike then it's to your right.

If gambling tickles your fancy then there's Valley Forge Casino close to both the hotel and the KOP mall.

This hotel will also be a great location once the new Target store opens around July. Seriously, it'll be a convenient stop for future busy travelers. When looking from the hilly parking lot, I saw the beautiful Target sign. Lucky DT guests would benefit much in case anything is forgotten.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed the cookie, tea assortment, and waters while you were here. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the Valley Forge area!
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Lovely facility. Terrific staff! The breakfast buffet was excellent, lots of fresh fruit, omelets to order and great oatmeal. It was a wonderful way to start the day. I would have love a hot tub somewhere in the hotel. We would be very happy to stay there again.

1 Thank beckiwp
Jennifer B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia - Valley Forge, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed the staff and the delicious breakfast buffet while you were here. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the Valley Forge area!
Pittsgrove, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I arrived Saturday May 24 for an overnight stay. The lobby was full and I am not a fan of lines. The front desk staff was so efficient, pleasant, well organized and accommodating that I felt confident in their ability to deal with the situation. The bell men also joined in offering bottled water and those delicious Double Tree cookies. I was further relieved to see a young lady, obviously from upper management, joining in with the team. That is something you don't see very often unless a guest is making a fuss. Check in was a breeze. My room was clean but my wife likes to double sheet the bed. I called down to request extra sheets knowing how busy they were but the operator was pleasant and relaxed and she assured me it was no problem. Again I was surprised to have housekeeping at my door in no time. I tried to take the sheets from her because I usually take care of the bed myself when we travel but she was so polite and asked if I would allow her to remake the bed. I was so impressed with the service I received I can only compare it to a 5 diamond hotel. I will be back!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Billydeey
Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay. I am so glad you were so pleased with our front desk, bell and housekeeping staff! We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the Philadelphia-Valley Forge area!
Valley Forge, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Hotel was very good but the wait for our food in the hotel restaurant was terrible. We waited about 45-50 min for hambugers and we were the only ones in the restaurant. There was only 2 of us! I thought we were going to miss the wedding!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed the hotel. I do want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while you were here at the restaurant. Please know I have contacted the Restaurant Manager about this issue so that the appropriate actions can take place. We do appreciate the feedback! We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the Valley Forge area so that we can WOW you on your next stay.