“Wonderful, tasty experience for my first visit to Theos Metros!”
Review of Theo's Metro

Theo's Metro
Ranked #1 of 63 Restaurants in Kingston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Coming from out of town I planned ahead and purchased a restaurant.com gift certificate for Theo Metros. Although Theos Metros was located 20 minutes away from my hotel in Wilkes-Barre the Greek menu caught my eye as well as the overall positive reviews online. I was not let down!
The exterior of the place looks shabby but charming. The inside is warm, dimly lit(which I LOVE), cozy and clean with a rustic vibe. There's a cool waterfall I'd remarked that kids must love and a few minutes later a toddler was escorted over to see it by her parents with a big smile on her face.
This seems like a proper eatery for either friends, families, get-together, and even celebrations.
Our waitress was SO friendly & kind. She was quick, but patient and really thoughtful.
The order:
I had the Vegetable Moussaka which was a casserole with creamy feta cheese, zucchini and red peppers. I had french fries but next time I'd want the Lemon Potatoes. My dish was around $12.99 and big portions.
They have some delicious sounding drinks on the menu including the S'mores Cappuccino which I tried(SCRUMPTIOUS! and cheap for a huge serving at only $2.25)
My friend had the spinach pie and enjoyed it.
Excellent visit at this restaurant and so glad that I could try it. Next time I'm in town I'll go 20 minutes out of my away again to have their tasty food!
If you're vegetarian like me there are plenty of options. If you go with a group but don't like Greek yourself you can always get the ravioli.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

First time here. A friend gave us a gift card for Christmas and we really enjoyed everything about the restaurant. Great service, food & atmosphere. Drinks and dinner entrees for two and didn't even spend the 50.00 gift card - great prices. We will definitely be back here again.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Theo's Metro is right around the corner from my home. My fiance' and I have dined here many times(along with family too), including their Easter buffet. The food is delicious and the service is great. We've never had a negative experience. Theo's also has a separate bar area. Since it is within safe walking distance, we've also made it our "middle of the week" quiet place for happy hour. There is however another Greek restaurant in the Valley: Pete's Place, 35 E. South St, Wilkes-Barre. All food is homemade, dining is by appointment only. Extremely quiet and a bit chilly. Bring a sweater.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Been going here for years, last night was typical. A great and unique atmosphere (formerly a plant that made popcorn balls), waterfall, putting green, etc. Good service and some really great food, and some not so good. I had two half-portions, the chicken K-bobs and the Flounder. Started with Saninaki for the table (flamed cheese) which is wonderful in its own right and our server did it perfectly (it has to cook a little) and this is a theme with me and Theos, how long they cook certain foods. Then came the lemon chicken soup, always spot on, very tasty soup and I don't particulary like lemon but I love the soup. Good warm rolls, real butter and oil. Great salads. I usually get the K-Bobs (some version of them) over rice and have never been disspointed. What was disappoining was the fish, in my opinion it was not cooked long enough, while the vegetables (except the lemon potatoes) were over-cooked (water logged, soggy and tasteless). Also, the server added the gratuity directly on the bill which I disliked (we only had three people). I dislike it because if the service was poor you should not pay 20%! The service was good, which meant (and I was in charge of the tipping last night) That the server ended up shorting herself, I can give up to 25%-30% tip especially for the saginaki service, but not when it has been calculated for me, in last nights case, the server got about $11.00 and would have gotten more but the adding in for three people seemed to me to be a break of trust. I will probably eat at Theos again soon, but I am turned off by those aspects, hence an average review only and I cannot enthusiastically support it as I have in the past.

2  Thank Wayne W
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We love Theo's Metro. Food is excellent, presentation is perfect and the service is good. I love that they serve American as well as Greek.