“Best place in the area to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Kittanning
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kittanning
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Best place in the area to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Want a clean room? Want amazing customer service? Want a breakfast that isn't out of food? If your answer is yes all these questions and you find yourself in this part of PA then stay here. From the moment I checked in on 27 July (currently staying here as I write this review) to when I will check out. Fresh coffee, tea, and hot chocolate (for the big and little kids) is always available up near the front desk. The place smells really good in the hall ways and the rooms are clean. The ladies that clean this place do an amazing job. I've been in this town the past 2 days and will be here two more. I've driven by the other hotels (dumps) and if you want to stay there you must like to gamble because from my view from the outside you might want to worry about what is inside. Not this place. Clean property inside and out.

Room Tip: Any room as it is very quite.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dgdeppen
Mary L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kittanning, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you so much for such a nice review I am glad that the staff is doing such a great job and that you recognized the hard work they do. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again for taking the time to post such a nice review.

M.Lasher-GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times so far, the last time was 6/30 - 7/1. I feel the staff is doing a great job of taking care of its guest. I will be staying here again in another 3 months. Thank you

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Mary L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kittanning, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for your continued business we are pleased you enjoy staying here.We appreciate you taking time to post such a nice review.

Best REgards
Upstate NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This HIE was the only hotel remotely close to our destination. Fairly convenient location, close to Walmart, Wendy’s, Kings. We stayed for 3 nights and the hotel was very busy all nights. The breakfast was very good, typical HIE fare, also typical HIE very limited seating in breakfast room.
Comfortable and clean, that’s what counts most to me and why I gave it high marks. I had to take off a star due to some annoyances.

1) The Wi-Fi was lousy, it was intermittent and slow. The front desk tried to be helpful and gave suggestions to try to resolve, I do not expect the desk clerk to be an IT professional, but the phone number they gave me for technical support was infinite hold, I gave up. No issue connecting to Wi-Fi at the other hotels we stayed at this trip with phone or laptop.

2) The bath fans are hard wired to the bathroom lights and are jet engine loud. I mentioned it as soon as we checked in and the person at the desk stated “nothing we can do, they are all like that, everyone complains about them”

3) I reserved a King nonsmoking room, only room available at check in was two dbl beds. They offered to move me the last night but was not worth it. I have “platinum” status with the IHG rewards program which is supposed to get me room upgrade if available. In all fairness I did not make a big deal about it.

A very nice property that needs a Wi-Fi update and some new bath fans. All in all a very pleasant stay...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I was sorry to here that you had some problems while you were here. We are in the process of getting the internet issues straightened out . We are glad that were had a clean room and were comfortable. I hope you will stay again if you are in the area .Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Madison, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

The room was clean and the staff friendly. Check in was normal, I had to return to the desk because the room keys did not work the first time. I would recommend this location if traveling to this area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Mary L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kittanning, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to post such a nice review.We are glad that you would recommmend us.Thank you again for your kind word and we hope to see you again.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Very clean and quiet rooms. Very nice and friendly staff at front desk and later at the breakfast. Breakfast selection was good and plenty. I would stay again. Note that travel to Kittanning is restricted by repairs to the bridge, detour is very poorly marked.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Mary L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kittanning, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
We appreciate you taking time to post such a nice review.Thank you for noticing the hard work the housekeepers do. We were pleased that you thought the staff was friendly and that you had a clean room and a good breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again.

Mary L.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped in at this hotel with no reservation after driving all day to visit family in the area. Upon entering the building we were promptly greeted by the lady working the desk who was very friendly and helpful. She informed us that they did in fact have rooms available and offered us the choices. We selected the king suite and were very pleased with the room we received. It was nice and clean and looked almost new. The next morning, we were again pleasantly surprised after sleeping in to find that the breakfast was still available after the posted ending time. I highly recommend this hotel and we will be using it again for future visits to the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Mary L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kittanning, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
We were glad you enjoyed your stay and was also glad to hear you will return again.We appreciate the wonderful reviews of the staff friendliness,clean room and that you were able to enjoy breakfast.We look forward to seeing you again.

Mary L.-GM
Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Spent two nights at this hotel. From the outside it appears an average Holiday Inn Express and the impression continues inside. The check-in was very friendly, personal, the lady really made us feel at home. The room was OK, it was a bit on the smaller side for HIE rooms. The premises and the room were all clean. Went to use the pool, which was also clean and of nice size, however the water was literally cold! I just couldn't swim in such cold water. Too bad. Breakfast was the usual HIE signiture stuff, everything was ready at breakfast start time. All in all a nice stay in another well-maintained HIE propery. A warmer pool would make it flawless.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Mary L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kittanning, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
We were glad you took the time to post your review.I am glad the staff was friendly and made you feel welcome and that you noticed the hard work the housekeepers do to keep our hotel clean.Thank you for the feedback about the pool it has been corrected. We hope you will stay with us again if you are in the Kittanning area.

Mary L.-GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kittanning
Quality Inn Royle
Fairfield Inn & Suites Butler
Hampton Inn Indiana
Hampton Inn Indiana
#1 of 7 in Indiana

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kittanning? Share your experiences!