“Great hotel for events”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Great hotel for events”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is the 2nd time we've used the Holiday Inn for a 3 day event and after some fits and starts this time around we had a really good overall experience. The staff was coping with a huge influx of guests due to the recent power outage and in spite of that they were still able to help with any issues that we had related to our event (AV assistance, finding a new microphone when one died, moving tables from one room to another, finding extra pens - you name it, they did it). We did have some attendees who had issues with the hotel rooms (1 or 2 were given room keys to rooms that were already occupied) but those issues were cleared up quickly and overall everybody was very happy with the service received while they were at the hotel. If all goes well we will be back again in 2016.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Melissa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent event at the Holiday Inn Lansdale. We are so happy that you chose us as the location for your 3 day event again and look forward to hosting your event again in the future! Thank you for your patience while the team was slammed with a full house of displaced guests during the horrendous winter weather that we experienced! I'm glad that everyone was satisfied and that they left happy!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Okemos, Michigan
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Just got back from three days in PA. Room was close to expressway, but surprisingly quiet with very little road noise. Room was very clean but a little worn with updates either not complete or some shoddy workmanship. My understanding is the hotel is being renovated - so kind of a work in process. Got a good deal on the room so I would say a good value for the money. Wifi worked well, fresh cookies at night, newspaper delivered in the morning. Just fine. If I went back would ask for a renovated room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thanks for the feedback about your recent stay. Some people would be happy with guests considering the hotel "fine" but to me that's not good enough. I want your stay to be great! I understand that your room was clean but perhaps needs a little attention from our maintenance department. If you wouldn't mind emailing me the details about your stay, room number and dates, I would love to be able to jump on that to make improvements right away. I'm glad you enjoyed our fresh baked cookies and complimentary newspaper. Our guests also love the wifi, we upgraded it about 7 months ago and the speeds are very impressive. I'm glad nothing went wrong with your stay but again want your stay to be better than "fine". Please email me and let me know what we could do to improve the hotel for our future guests. Thanks! Melissa@1750bistro.com
-Melissa Ward (General Manager)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 April 2014

During a recent power outage we needed to find a place to stay, with our cat, until we had our heat back on. At the very reasonable price I got, I expected the OLD Holiday Inn....This was an entirely different experience, with spotlessly clean room, convenient computer connections, and friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast was wonderful. I would not hesitate to have family or friends stay there in the future if we don't have enough room in our house.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hello Donna,
I'm sorry that you had a recent power outage at your home but thrilled that you came to stay with us and that you were pleasantly surprised! We work hard to provide our guests with clean comfortable rooms, friendly service and all of the comforts of home. We would love to have your family stay with us when they come to visit you. Since you are local, please come back to visit us and have dinner sometime in our restaurant too, you won't be disappointed!
Melissa Ward - General Manager
North Carolina
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We've been staying at this hotel for years. Once a year, we travel to PA to visit friends and we've stayed at this hotel, but will not stay again after our recent visit. The location was never our first choice but there were not a lot of options. Thankfully, more and better hotels are being built near by so do yourself a favor and research! This hotel has changed management over the years we've stayed. While a renovation has helped the quality of the rooms, the staff hasn't improved. We were given a handicap room for the 2nd year in a row. Normally, that isn't bad but this hotel's version of handicap means no counters in the bathroom and minimal furniture in the room. When we asked to move to a room with furniture, the would not accommodate us. In the evenings, their restaurant is very loud with events and the breakfast is very limited. All in all not worth what they charge. Check out the new hotels in the area and avoid this Holiday Inn. We agree with previous reviewer, the temp in the room was an issue. It was rather cold outside when we visited. But due to the warmth in the room, we had to run the AC to bring the room temp to a reasonable level.

Room Tip: Ask for one with furniture aka not a handicap room away from the thumping music in their restaurant.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Melissa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Hello Jane,
I'm so sorry that you were not pleased with the special design of our ADA approved rooms. I'm not sure why that was the room type that was reserved for you if you did not need those amenities. It is true that the bathroom does not have the countertop, because a person in a wheelchair needs to be able to get up close to the sink and a countertop would prevent them from being able to do so. Also, while I know the room does not have an armchair, it does still have all of the rest of the furniture that every other room has, a desk, a luggage bench, an armoir, a dresser with built in cabinet for the mini fridge and microwave upon which the flat panel TV sat. The reason there is no armchair is that the room is specifically designed to allow plenty of room for someone in a wheelchair to navigate through the room easily. Please give us another try in one of our regular rooms. My email is Melissa@1750Bistro.com and I'd love to have the opportunity to show you that our hotel is better than your last experience. We recently were ranked the #1 Holiday Inn in the Philadelphia & New Jersey Market. We are also in the top 20% of all Holiday Inns in North America. Your last stay was definitely not the norm for us and I'd love to prove it to you. Please reach out to me if you are planning to visit this area again, I want to make it right for you!
Melissa Ward

Travellers are raving about these Kulpsville hotels

pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hotel is conveniently located a few minutes from the quaint shops and restaurants of Skippack Village. The hotel is large and the staff is very welcoming. My room was spotlessly clean and the amenities were very nice. The hotel also offers a nice, reasonably priced restaurant and bar. I look forward to visiting during the warmer months so I can relax by their large, outdoor pool.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Hello Peach Girl,

I'm so happy to read all of the wonderful things you had to say about our Holiday Inn! I'm looking forward to the warmer months too, not just because of our outdoor pool being open but to give us a break from the record-breaking cold weather we had this winter! We can't wait until your next visit and we appreciate that you choose to stay with us.

Addison, Vermont
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Went to a conference here and the room was part of the package. Clean sheets and clean room with a fridge and microwave. We didn't sample the restaurant but the conference food was ok. My only complaint was the room temp was hard to control. We started the night waaay too hot and after re-setting the thermostat a couple times I was finally able to sleep. If it weren't for the conference I wouldn't stay there. Especially for $100 bucks a night,

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Doug S
Melissa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Hello Doug,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I'm sorry that you had trouble with the temperature in your room. I will certainly have maintenance check to make sure that unit is working properly. I was happy to hear that your room and bed were clean. We strive to be a great hotel that our guests love, and cleanliness is a huge part of that! Thank you!
Baltimore
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel as part of a large group weekend meeting/conference and thoroughly enjoyed it. The rooms were nicely appointed and comfortable with nice amenities, including the complimentary bottle of water, refrigerator, and microwave. I particularly liked the outlets on the desk that accommodated multiple electrical cords and USB cables. It's the first time I've seen this in a hotel and it was convenient to be able to plug in my computer, Kindle, and cell phone at the same time. Front desk staff was extremely efficient and friendly and very welcoming. I didn't eat in the restaurant or bar since meals were served to our group in the conference rooms; breakfast buffet was great with a wide variety of food that was appropriately hot or cold and fresh. Room was also convenient to conference room and parking lot.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Melissa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Leslie,

I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Lansdale. I'm glad that you found our newly installed "charging stations" to be helpful. We want our guests to have all of the comforts of home when they stay with us.

Melissa Ward
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kulpsville
Courtyard Philadelphia Lansdale
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Homewood Suites Lansdale
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Staybridge Suites Montgomeryville
Courtyard Philadelphia Montgomeryville

Been to Holiday Inn Lansdale? Share your experiences!