“Great place to hold an event”

Holiday Inn Lansdale
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kulpsville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cumming, Georgia
“Great place to hold an event”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just got back from a trip this weekend when we held an 80th B-Day celebration for my father at this location. The staff was excellent in handling all of the arrangements. Many thanks to Kate, Mitch and C.K. for a job well done. Would definitely use this team again for future events. Very convenient for out of town travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Melissa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Hello Gary,
I'm so thrilled to hear that your Father's 80th Birthday celebration was such a success! I am very proud of our Banquet team here at the Holiday Inn Lansdale for all of the events that they make sure exceed our guests' expectations. We appreciate your recommendation to others to host events here and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back as a guest again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Lindenhurst, New York
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Since I've started to stay at this holiday inn, due to having a standard weekly appointment, at a nearby medical health faculty the staff have been very comforting and generally concerned about my well being. On our first visit we were given a complimentary breakfast which was very good, with many choices. I was taken back by the price of the room for one night, but had no other choice since they are the only hotel in the area. After seeing the room on our first visit and meeting with the staff, the price became a secondary issue for me. On our second visit.. The price going down..( can't figure how they determine their prices.. Because a friend of mine stayed there for 85.00 on the same night of the week I stayed and my price quote was significantly higher.. Even with the hospital discount rate ). However, upon entering our room we noticed the blanket n sheet on the bed was not clean.( definitely not complaining, that's the least of my worries) my point if mentioning it is to tell you that within 5 minutes we were immediately switched into another room. Very pleased with the room. Since I'm sick and wasn't able to go down to the restaurant I was surprised to find out they had no room service. However, my family brought back the best hamburger I've ever tasted from their restaurant. Upon leaving the hotel I noticed I burned a little hole in the sheet and immediately went to the front desk to inform them of this ( people say I was crazy to do so but I believe honesty is the best way to go ). Concerned about what the charge would be for this, I was pleasantly shocked when I was only charged a minimal fee. Thank you Melissa for understanding. My only uncertainty is the charge for the rooms. Some times it says rooms from 125 a night then other times it's a different price. With the hospital discount offered shouldn't the same discount be offered at all times? Either way I was hopeful that once I told them I would be staying 3 nights this upcoming week and one night every week for months to come, I really thought some accommodation would be made, allowing the same medical discount to come off every stay That unfortunately has not been the case. I feel if it says the rooms are from " 125.00" a night.. And they pride themselves in hospital discount rates.. How is it the first stay we received $ 50.00 off and this next stay only $22.00 dollars off. Nevertheless.. This hotel is very comfortable, excellent staff, always upbeat, with a understanding and altruistic manager. I would recommend this hotel to anyone !!!! P.S Kelly at the front desk is a sweetie and so is everyone else I've met there!!

• Stayed April 2014
Melissa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Hello PeeWee7631!
I am so glad that you are enjoying your stays with us. I wish they were under better circumstances but I hope that you are getting better with each visit you make to our area. Our rates do change a lot because they are based on occupancy. The more rooms we sell the higher the rate gets, supply & demand basically. Feel free to call us directly to see what the best rate available is or if you will be coming in frequently, talk to our Sales Department about setting up a special rate. We are thrilled that you are happy though when you stay with us and want to make sure you stay happy!
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is the 2nd time we've used the Holiday Inn for a 3 day event and after some fits and starts this time around we had a really good overall experience. The staff was coping with a huge influx of guests due to the recent power outage and in spite of that they were still able to help with any issues that we had related to our event (AV assistance, finding a new microphone when one died, moving tables from one room to another, finding extra pens - you name it, they did it). We did have some attendees who had issues with the hotel rooms (1 or 2 were given room keys to rooms that were already occupied) but those issues were cleared up quickly and overall everybody was very happy with the service received while they were at the hotel. If all goes well we will be back again in 2016.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Melissa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent event at the Holiday Inn Lansdale. We are so happy that you chose us as the location for your 3 day event again and look forward to hosting your event again in the future! Thank you for your patience while the team was slammed with a full house of displaced guests during the horrendous winter weather that we experienced! I'm glad that everyone was satisfied and that they left happy!
Okemos, Michigan
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Just got back from three days in PA. Room was close to expressway, but surprisingly quiet with very little road noise. Room was very clean but a little worn with updates either not complete or some shoddy workmanship. My understanding is the hotel is being renovated - so kind of a work in process. Got a good deal on the room so I would say a good value for the money. Wifi worked well, fresh cookies at night, newspaper delivered in the morning. Just fine. If I went back would ask for a renovated room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thanks for the feedback about your recent stay. Some people would be happy with guests considering the hotel "fine" but to me that's not good enough. I want your stay to be great! I understand that your room was clean but perhaps needs a little attention from our maintenance department. If you wouldn't mind emailing me the details about your stay, room number and dates, I would love to be able to jump on that to make improvements right away. I'm glad you enjoyed our fresh baked cookies and complimentary newspaper. Our guests also love the wifi, we upgraded it about 7 months ago and the speeds are very impressive. I'm glad nothing went wrong with your stay but again want your stay to be better than "fine". Please email me and let me know what we could do to improve the hotel for our future guests. Thanks! Melissa@1750bistro.com
-Melissa Ward (General Manager)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 April 2014

During a recent power outage we needed to find a place to stay, with our cat, until we had our heat back on. At the very reasonable price I got, I expected the OLD Holiday Inn....This was an entirely different experience, with spotlessly clean room, convenient computer connections, and friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast was wonderful. I would not hesitate to have family or friends stay there in the future if we don't have enough room in our house.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hello Donna,
I'm sorry that you had a recent power outage at your home but thrilled that you came to stay with us and that you were pleasantly surprised! We work hard to provide our guests with clean comfortable rooms, friendly service and all of the comforts of home. We would love to have your family stay with us when they come to visit you. Since you are local, please come back to visit us and have dinner sometime in our restaurant too, you won't be disappointed!
Melissa Ward - General Manager
North Carolina
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We've been staying at this hotel for years. Once a year, we travel to PA to visit friends and we've stayed at this hotel, but will not stay again after our recent visit. The location was never our first choice but there were not a lot of options. Thankfully, more and better hotels are being built near by so do yourself a favor and research! This hotel has changed management over the years we've stayed. While a renovation has helped the quality of the rooms, the staff hasn't improved. We were given a handicap room for the 2nd year in a row. Normally, that isn't bad but this hotel's version of handicap means no counters in the bathroom and minimal furniture in the room. When we asked to move to a room with furniture, the would not accommodate us. In the evenings, their restaurant is very loud with events and the breakfast is very limited. All in all not worth what they charge. Check out the new hotels in the area and avoid this Holiday Inn. We agree with previous reviewer, the temp in the room was an issue. It was rather cold outside when we visited. But due to the warmth in the room, we had to run the AC to bring the room temp to a reasonable level.

Room Tip: Ask for one with furniture aka not a handicap room away from the thumping music in their restaurant.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Melissa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Hello Jane,
I'm so sorry that you were not pleased with the special design of our ADA approved rooms. I'm not sure why that was the room type that was reserved for you if you did not need those amenities. It is true that the bathroom does not have the countertop, because a person in a wheelchair needs to be able to get up close to the sink and a countertop would prevent them from being able to do so. Also, while I know the room does not have an armchair, it does still have all of the rest of the furniture that every other room has, a desk, a luggage bench, an armoir, a dresser with built in cabinet for the mini fridge and microwave upon which the flat panel TV sat. The reason there is no armchair is that the room is specifically designed to allow plenty of room for someone in a wheelchair to navigate through the room easily. Please give us another try in one of our regular rooms. My email is Melissa@1750Bistro.com and I'd love to have the opportunity to show you that our hotel is better than your last experience. We recently were ranked the #1 Holiday Inn in the Philadelphia & New Jersey Market. We are also in the top 20% of all Holiday Inns in North America. Your last stay was definitely not the norm for us and I'd love to prove it to you. Please reach out to me if you are planning to visit this area again, I want to make it right for you!
Melissa Ward

Travellers are raving about these Kulpsville hotels

pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hotel is conveniently located a few minutes from the quaint shops and restaurants of Skippack Village. The hotel is large and the staff is very welcoming. My room was spotlessly clean and the amenities were very nice. The hotel also offers a nice, reasonably priced restaurant and bar. I look forward to visiting during the warmer months so I can relax by their large, outdoor pool.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Hello Peach Girl,

I'm so happy to read all of the wonderful things you had to say about our Holiday Inn! I'm looking forward to the warmer months too, not just because of our outdoor pool being open but to give us a break from the record-breaking cold weather we had this winter! We can't wait until your next visit and we appreciate that you choose to stay with us.

Melissa Ward
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kulpsville
Courtyard Philadelphia Lansdale
Homewood Suites Lansdale
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites Montgomeryville

Been to Holiday Inn Lansdale? Share your experiences!