“Awesome Holiday Inn”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Stowe
“Awesome Holiday Inn”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

So this is the first time I stayed in a Holiday Inn. I always thought a Holiday Inn would be below standards. I'm not a fussy person but I just never considered staying in one. We attended a Beer Fest near this hotel & didn't want to drive home, so we found Holiday Inn Lansdale. The rates were good & the hotel was obviously new. We like breakfast so we paid a little more for the room rate to include it. The hotel is beautiful! Front desk staff extremely friendly. Nice touches everywhere. Free coffee in lobby. Very clean everywhere. Carpet in the hallways......must be hard to keep clean but I think they did it to cut down on hallway noise. Our room was a king with nice bathroom & a massage showerhead. One sink but a huge countertop. Flat screen TV, internet, desk, easychair. Microwave, refrigerator, ironing board & complimentary water. The bed was perfect. I always wake up with a sore back when away but not this time! Woke up feeling great. Very comfortable. We enjoyed a great buffet breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, muffins & really great coffee! I am very picky about coffee but they nailed it! Perfect cup. When we arrived back to our room in the evening we went down to the Bistro Bar for an appetizer & drink. Very nice atmosphere. Service was fine as well. Prices were a little high but that's to be expected in the evening at a hotel. We did not have lunch or dinner at the hotel due to us being away at those times.Also we didn't have time to enjoy the pool outside but it was very nice. Also very large with plenty of lounge chairs & tables. Long story short.....I would definitely stay in another Holiday Inn. This stay has really been enlightening! Don't hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: Stayed in third floor room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hello Judy,

I am so thrilled that you were pleasantly surprised by our Holiday Inn! Thank you for all of the nice things you said about your stay. It's true, a lot of people don't realize how GREAT Holiday Inns are! Our slogan is "Great hotels that guests love!" and I'm happy to hear that you wouldn't hesitate to stay with us again. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. Hopefully others will give us a try based on the experience that you had and shared. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Newly renovated hotel,courteous staff,immaculate room with micro,fridge and internet available
pet friendly. Stayed here for 5 days while home was renovated . Good location for travellers---right off turnpike exit.

Room Tip: Rooms away from turnpike construction .may be preferred until completed,but airconditioner cuts out...
Green Features: saves energy --good practice--comfort not compromised
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hello JoanMarie,

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your 5 night stay with us during your renovation. Thank you for noticing our immaculate rooms, courteous staff and complimentary amenities. We hope that if the need arises you choose to stay with us again!
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night for a wedding. The place was very clean BUT what I didn't like was that there weren't any mirrors other than the one in the bathroom so I could only see from my chest up. I would have liked to see what I looked like before heading off to the wedding! Also the lighting in the bathroom was very dim for doing my makeup. I would have thought free breakfast would have been included too

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tania S
Melissa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Hi Tania,

I'm happy to hear that you found our hotel to be very nice and clean. There is a full length mirror in the room hanging near the door the enter and exit your room. It's easy to miss it especially if you have the door to your room open. We do not include breakfast because we are a full service Holiday Inn. Our hotel does offer special rates that include breakfast if you want to keep an eye out for that the next time you book a reservation for a Holiday Inn. Thanks again for staying with us and providing us the feedback!
Rising Sun, Maryland
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here for a wedding this past weekend and I would definitely stay here again if I had reason to be in the area! We arrived at about 2 or so and they allowed early check in which was fabulous so I wouldn't have to wait around and then rush to get ready for the wedding by 430! Everything was very clean and modern looking, staff was extremely pleasant. Location right off PA turnpike was easy and convenient.

After the wedding ended at 10:30, we all went to the hotel bar for an after party. It was actually a very nice place, ample comfortable seating, and drinks weren't too over priced.

The next morning we had breakfast vouchers, I wasn't expecting much but they had a great spread of food and it was actually all really good. Amazing potatoes!

Only complaints would be, the heavy curtains wouldn't completely close and we were on the first floor with a volleyball net right outside our window. No one played while we were there, but it was still an uncomfortable feeling having to worry about someone possibly walking by and seeing in our room through the sheer curtains. Also, the next morning we awoke to ants on our bathroom floor. I have no idea where they came from or why, it wasn't enough to completely ruin my experience of the hotel but I hope they get that taken care of.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Hi Tara,
I'm so glad that you enjoyed staying with us! I can't wait to sing your praises about the cleanliness and friendliness with the team. I'm sure the Chef will also be happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. I'm sorry about the ants, we will have our pest control company look in to that. Thanks for letting us know! We hope you do have a reason to come back to Lansdale so we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again!
West Hempstead
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The biggest thing for me is whether the hotel is clean. This place was immaculate. Right off highway, close to several restaurants, very friendly staff. Bar was nice. I would not hesitate staying here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Melissa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Hi Jimmy P,
I'm so happy to hear that you found out hotel to be immaculately clean! We strive to make our guests happy and we know how important cleanliness is. We're happy to hear that you would come back and visit us again sometime! We hope to see you soon!
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 25 April 2014

after being refused by the no signed Exxon gas station, next door, I as a single disabled bankrupt sick mom asked to use your bathroom and although your woman worker did look at me like I was scum at first, she did oblige and allowed me to use your bathrooms; u c, I've had 3 tummy surgeries gone wrong with gagging, retching, puking, etc, basically gi hell on earth so I desperately needed a bathroom to avoid the horrifics of my disease on public property so I REALLY appreciate your compassion in allowing me to use it unlike the gas mgr next door; I'm not sure how many he or u have puked, etc. on the PA turnpike but it's no fun; thank u again for the use of your very clean restroom in my time of need; I won't forget it. the gas station mgr. mentioned how many people trash his property so he can't allow bathroom access; I however am not that and was desperately trying to prevent just that; thank u Holiday Inn!!!!; your clean toilet did almost flood and your soap doesn't come out too good too.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Melissa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Hi nan895,
I'm happy that we were able to provide you with a clean restroom in your time of need. We get a lot of people that come in off of the PA Turnpike that get refused by that gas station next door, and we allow them to use our bathroom because we hope that you remember our hospitality the next time you are planning a trip and choose the Holiday Inn Brand!
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just got back from a trip this weekend when we held an 80th B-Day celebration for my father at this location. The staff was excellent in handling all of the arrangements. Many thanks to Kate, Mitch and C.K. for a job well done. Would definitely use this team again for future events. Very convenient for out of town travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Melissa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lansdale, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Hello Gary,
I'm so thrilled to hear that your Father's 80th Birthday celebration was such a success! I am very proud of our Banquet team here at the Holiday Inn Lansdale for all of the events that they make sure exceed our guests' expectations. We appreciate your recommendation to others to host events here and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back as a guest again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kulpsville
Courtyard Philadelphia Lansdale
Homewood Suites Lansdale
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Montgomeryville
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia Montgomeryville
Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites Montgomeryville

Been to Holiday Inn Lansdale? Share your experiences!