“A Charming Get-Away”
Review of Main Street Inn

Main Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Kutztown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 December 2012

When family occasions take me to Pennsylvania, I seize the opportuity to stay at the Main Street Inn. It's a picture-perfect refuge, with charming decor, complete comfort and delicious food. No detail is overlooked - complimentary bottled water in the room fridge, delightful scented bath productions from Paisley & Co. (made in Kutztown), a range of snacks on the kitchen counter for late night nibbling. I have stayed at the Inn twice in the past two years, once with my husband and once on my own. I enjoy the unique decor of each suite and the relaxed, friendly hospitality. Breakfast options cover all the bases: old-fashioned steel-cut oatmeal, homemade cinnamon rolls, quiche, yogurt, cereal, sausage and eggs, to name just a few choices. Homemade French toast with maple syrup, yum. It's easy to grab something on the go, or linger in the pleasant dining room with the morning newspapers. My relatives may wonder why I don't stay with them, but, dearly as I love them, they can't provide care and amenities like these.

1  Thank Holly G
Shena C, General Manager at Main Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Thanks for the review. Glad to see you noticed and took advantage of all of the little things we offer the guests. You definitely are not the only one who stays with us while back in town visiting family. Sometimes it is nice to have your own space. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to keep improving the service. Hope to see you again in 2013!

Reviewed 9 December 2012

Our daughter is a student at Kutztown University, and we pass by the inn every time we are in town. We received a gift certificate last Christmas and were finally able to use it last weekend. We stayed in the Wanner Suite, and loved the fireplaces in the bedroom and bathroom. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom large with modern amenities with a traditional feel. We enjoyed the nice touches such as a refrigerator in the main kitchen that was stocked with beverages, along with cookies and snacks in the evening. The breakfast was delicious. The inn was very clean, and the staff was very friendly. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Again, I am sorry I didn't get to meet you during your stay, but I am glad to hear that you will be back so I will get the chance. You definitely chose one of our more popular rooms. You will have to come back when the weather is warmer so you can enjoy the balcony and outdoor courtyard as well. And let us know if there is ever anything we can do for your daughter while she is here at school.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

This was our second visit in as many years...that says alot! My daughter, Bella is a student at K.U. and each time we passed the inn, we would say "we should stay there sometime". It is such a beautiful place! Last year as a freshman, Bella was a bit homesick and was having a hard time. I decided to come down and surprise her with a girls' overnight stay at the inn. We had such a great time together and will always treasure our time there. This year, I got her twin sister Olivia in on the surprise. The three of us spent a night in the same room (the Frey) and once again, we had an amazing time together. The entire home is beautifully decorated, super clean and meticolously maintained. Pam and her girls are so welcoming and a joy to chat with. The foods and drinks are wonderful. We highly encourage everyone to come and stay here...you shouldn't wait for a special occasion. Being here IS an occasion! Thanks for everything Pam and staff!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Awe. It was a pleasure meeting your daughters and you of course. Reminded me of my sisters, mom and me. I love when families share some bonding time at the Inn. And I love that you said being here IS the occasion. That is one of the sweetest things anyone could ever say. Your kind words are very much appreciated.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Our daughter is a student at Kutztown University, so we are lucky to have the opportunity to stay at the Inn often. We look forward to the gorgeous rooms, comfy beds, yummy breakfast and friendly hospitality. Even our college kid wants to stay with us for the bed, bath and breakfast!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

We love when parents stay at the Inn...and you definitely aren't the only one with a child who insists on staying too. :) Many join their parents for breakfast at the very least. We like getting to know the whole family and if there is anything we can do for them while their here at school, let us know. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

I am a local resident who lost power for several days during hurricane Sandy. Many of the local hotels near Allentown were full. Then I remembered the Main Street Inn - just a few minutes away from my house. Pam had a room for me and I am so glad she did! The place is great - from the baked goodies waiting for me upon arrival to the wonderful room. I have stayed in many B&B's and this one really ranks high. Several times in the room, I thought, I wish they had something...and there is was! Nice tissues, cold water, clothing hooks, and places to put your things - they were all there! Pam has put lots of thought into the little things that really make a stay wonderful. Breakfast was great as well - I really felt spoiled staying here while the power was out at my home - it really took my mind off of things. I have driven past the Main Street Inn hundreds of times and wondered what is like – now I know it is awesome!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Thanks for the review. My mom definitely has an eye for the details. Was the devil when I was younger, but now I am glad I got her genes. Glad everything worked out for you after the hurricane and we could help out in whatever ways possible. Don't be afraid to stop in and say hi anytime you're passing by. The goodies are always available. :)

Reviewed 27 October 2012

What a beautiful memory for our family. Pam Corrado and her staff created a extraordinary setting and experience for our us as we celebrated the engagement of our son Lou and his fiance Nicole. We will never forget the day, the excellent service, delicious food, and the kindness of the staff. We thank everyone at the Inn for helping to create a beautiful memory as we celebrated this occasion with family and friends . "Enter as strangers and leave as friends---feels more like you are part of a family!" Thank you Sheena and Pam for all you did.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Awe! Thanks so much. You are more than welcome and we loved meeting you and your family as well. The chocolate covered strawberries were amazing and completely unnecessary, but highly appreciated. Hopefully we will still get to see you from time to time even though you are so close. Keep in touch!

Reviewed 26 October 2012

This is truly one of the nicest Inns I have ever stayed in. The owner could not have benn more friendly and accomodating! The room as even nicer than I expected. I can honestly say it is actually nicer than the photos and the description online. We only wish we could have stayed longer and enjoyed the lovely outdoor areas as well!. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Awe. Thanks so much. I am so happy to hear you think it is even more beautiful in person. If only they would invent some virtual technology cheap enough that everyone could do virtual reality tours. We are on to something. :)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kutztown
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown
Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hamburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville

Been to Main Street Inn? Share your experiences!