“Main Street Inn”
Review of Main Street Inn

Main Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Kutztown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We have stayed in many inns, but this one is great! My husband and I were visiting family and enjoyed our stay. It was perfect. The next week we were back again for a funeral and didn't hesitate to stay at the Inn. I call it home away from home, they make you feel like family.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Helene W
There are newer reviews for Main Street Inn

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We went to visit our son at the university and were lucky enough to enjoy the hospitality and beautiful,accommodations @ the Main Street Inn. Every detail is perfect!! The breakfast on Saturday was heavenly and the room was gorgeous.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn C
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed after visiting family. The service was top notch. The Melot Suite was beautiful. My husband made sure there was a card, wine, chocolates and a long stem red rose waiting for me in our suite. The inside is gorgeous. The house is perfect. The pantry is always open with snacks and fresh baked cookies. They are delicious. Breakfast was creme brulee french toast and sausage. It was wonderful. The rooms have been keenly designed. The soaps are from a local boutique that has incredible handmade products. The linens are all incredibly soft. Parking is tucked away in the back. It's a perfect getaway. We will return again soon.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jrsygrl75
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This was our first time ever staying at the inn. The staff was exceptionally friendly and made sure all my requests were meet. The front desk was very friendly and they made sure we had everything we needed. excellent place to stay for some quiet time with the better half. I am going to recommend them to all my friends.

Room Tip: The king size bed in the merlot room was exceptional
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cai65
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

My family has stayed here on several occasions. It has always been a wonderful experience. This time was no exception. The room was clean & welcoming. Breakfast was delicious. I was particularly touched when Pam, the innkeeper, asked after my significant other who attended previously but couldn't attend this time.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Cbsassy
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Such a comfortable sweet atmosphere, and then the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff makes you feel as though you can relax and really enjoy the beautiful rooms that are elegantly decorated.
My husband and I recently stayed two different dates in October prior to and then following a trip to Italy. What a welcoming homecoming after a very long day of travel, a glass of wine and homemade chocolate chip cookies. Incredible even though we did not arrive until 2 am. Pam had made arrangements for this very late check in. She is a very caring person.
The quote above the front door "Enter as strangers, leave as friends" is true and perfect for this wonderful establishment.

Room Tip: first floor room is handicap accessible
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ksanikon
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I want to add my voice to the chorus of praise for the Main Street Inn. After reading the universally positive reviews I was doubtful that a B&B could really be that perfect. However, from the first greeting by Pam, the proprietor, to the last bite of breakfast the next morning before I left, it proved to be true. The location, in a small PA college town, is very nice, on the main street but a little removed from the busiest part of town. There is off-street parking in a private lot, adjacent to the Inn. My room was large and comfortable, with A/C, a small fridge, an iron and board, a large wall-mounted TV and a lovely bathroom. The decor is pure Victorian, but the amenities are right up-to-date. There was a little balcony off of my room that overlooked a charming garden patio - perfect for morning coffee. Pam is a warm and lovely woman, perfect for her role and clearly loving what she does. I felt welcomed and safe. As a woman traveling alone, this is always a priority for me. Breakfast is served buffet-style and included a fantastic quiche, as well as French toast and a wide selection of cereals, juices, yogurts, etc. There are delicious homemade snacks available any time, and good coffee and tea. The Inn bills itself as a "boutique hotel", and I think it is worthy of that designation. It is a very special place indeed, and I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: When you reserve, request directions to access the parking lot, which is a little challenging to fin...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lowtech
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kutztown
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
Glasbern Inn - Fogelsville / Allentown
Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hamburg

Been to Main Street Inn? Share your experiences!