“Great food - local experience - friendly!!”

Spectators Bar and Grill
Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Kutztown
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We found this restaurant on TripAdvisor looking for late meal. We were a little taken aback by the appearance - kind of a "roadhouse" look as I had my mother with me. However do not let that dissuade you in any way. It was wonderful. The food was outstanding and the atmosphere and service were really great. Very friendly and a very local vibe. Pass up any local diner in the area and go here instead you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank OhThePlacesWeWillGo
There are newer reviews for Spectators Bar and Grill

Reviewed 2 February 2013

This was our first visit to this sports bar. We will be back. The menu was diverse with unique items and sauces. Portions are generous. The wings came in a huge variety of flavors and were very "krispy" which is the way we like them.
Service was very friendly and timely. Prices were reasonable. Only downside is that the dining area is open to the bar. It could get noisy with a big bar crowd. However, this was not a problem when we were there. Recommend you give this one a try.

3  Thank pmars43
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We came upon this place while out visiting some area wineries and decided to give it a try. It was a pleasant surprise! It was an off hour and the place was fairly empty, but we were welcomed & promptly waited on. The food came quickly and was very good. I ordered a turkey club on a honey wheat wrap, which I expected to be cold, but it came out warm and soooo juicy! The turkey was very thinly sliced and the flavor was wonderful, and the fries were good too. The soup of the day was a tomato bisque which was very tasty. Others in the party were also very happy with their meals. There are tvs set up for viewing sporting events and they were also advertising live entertainment on their outdoor sign. I imagine the place is probably pretty busy during when Kutztown U is in session.

1  Thank TagAl0ngWife
Reviewed 6 October 2010

As a long time resident of this area, I'm always happy to see an old pub revive itself. All to often they change ownership to someone who thinks the new flat screen tv and sports bar sign justifies high priced, mediocre food & service. Thankfully that is not the case here. I have stopped on occasion for lunch only to realize they are closed, so check their hours. My only negative comment/suggestion: Walls need more stuff. Wow, big deal!!

4  Thank Deezalman
Reviewed 21 February 2010

My husband and I were on our way to meet up with some friends of ours in the Allentown area. We wanted to find somewhere to eat and they found the restaurant on the GPS and decided to tell us to meet them there. We were pleasantly greeted by the staff and were very well taken care of the whole time we were there. The gentleman that was taking care of the bar and serving us was right on the ball and never left us with an empty glass. The food was very good and a good price for what we got. My husband and I had a great experience here. We stopped around 2pm on saturday Feb. 20, 2010 for lunch and if we go past this restaurant again I am sure we will stop in to grab a bite.