“Nothing special”

Golden Avalanche Brewing Company
Ranked #19 of 58 Restaurants in Kutztown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

The burgers leave little to brag about. I went in with high expectations and left disappointed. My burger was overcooked from medium rare to medium well. Resulting in a greasy somewhat dry burger. The fries cost an extra dollars on a plate that already cost $9. .. therefore it was not worth $12. Would have preferred the flavor of a Wendy's burger.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We ate here because we were driving by Kutztown on our way somewhere else and my husband and I love to visit microbreweries. I found this on trip advisor. That being said, this wasn't the best place we visited, but still good. The beer reminded us of just a step above homebrew, not anything to get too excited about but still better than mass-produced american typical beer. The food was good, my husband liked the curly fries, I just got chips but should have ordered curly fries as they were good. Still I gave it a very good review because we are big supporters of small microbreweries and business and would visit again if in the area. The restaurant itself was very nice with the brewery equipment behind glass in the center of the restaurant and in full view. Cool to look at.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We have some special friends that we dine with about 2-3 times yearly. This is our restaurant of choice and preference. Why? Food, Service, Quality... How's that for starters and whether you want a burger or a meal they have it, it's well prepared, it's hot and you will Tahoe some home for later if you choose the meal. The brew is also varied and delightful. There is only ONE downside and it has nothing to do with the tavern ... The parking in the back is 2 hours and if you forget to go and move you vehicle you just got a $25 parking ticket, FAULT of the TOWN. We set our watch and move it so we only got burned once. YOU WILL GO BACK TO THIS PLACE!! For sure

1  Thank Jacob D
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We ate dinner at The Kutztown Tavern or otherwise called Golden Avalanche Brewing Company. The beer was good, staff very friendly but dinner was just ok to good. I got the flat iron steak. The steak was cooked perfectly, but there was no seasoning or taste to it. My husband got the Shepard Pie and said it was ok but bland. The fries, spinach dip, ranch, and environment were great!!! We may not get the same items again, however we do plan to go back to try other items

Reviewed 4 December 2012

The Kutztown Tavern or Golden Avalanche Brewing Company is a really awesome place for a wonder lunch. Their food is delicious, their servers are friendly and know their trade well. I go there about 4-6 times a year from Lititz Pa, about an hour drive. The beer is fabulous and we have never had a bad meal whether we buy a lunch or a dinner. Always enjoy the ladies who wait our table. Try it and you will like it too!

1  Thank Jacob D