“Pretty Darn Good”

Ranked #6 of 54 Restaurants in Kutztown
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A family style sit down restaurant that also incorporates a micro brewery. We provide a full bar for guest and good food and a revolving micro brew list on tap. Banquet facilities are also available on site.
Macungie, Pennsylvania
“Pretty Darn Good”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Went on a college visit to Kutztown and were looking for a lunch spot. We first tried the #1 recommendation on Trip Advisor which was Letterman's Diner. This is really an underbelly kind of place and upon realizing it was cash only - no credit cards, we needed to relocate. Kutztown Tavern turned out to be a great lunch spot. It is a really cool college bar feel to it but still clean and fun. My son and I both had the Pulled Pork Sandwich with Sweet Potato fries which was excellent. I do agree with other reviewers that it is a bit pricey -- $32 for lunch for two with out the tip. Overall though it was a pretty darn good lunch.

• Visited November 2013

Pottsville, Pennsylvania
“Good Food, Great Service, Cool Atmosphere, but to Pricey”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We were at the Kutztown College art festival today and a freind recommended that we try the Kutztown Tavern. When we walk in our first thoughts were man this place is cool. We sat at the bar and the bartender was excellent, we ordered a couple of cheese burgers and we both had three Yuengling Lagers. When we got our check I was shocked, $45, here the beers were $3.75 or $22.50 for six beers. I just can not understand why they need to charge so much for a glass of local beer. The bar across the street had a sign that said Yuengling lagers $2 all day every day, so if your thing of having a few beers with your meal be prepared to pay.

• Visited November 2013
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's Kutztown Tavern. Take out is beside the point.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Wonderful food and atmosphere,. Microbrewery/Restaurant. Funny none of the other reviewers mentioned that. Wonderful selection of hand-crafted beers, from blond ales to heavy stouts and seasonal brews.
There is a wonderful full menu, not upscale, not pricey, but fitting for a college town with many unique menu items. I love the Reuben, and the Salmon offerings. Service is excellent with friendly helpful wait staff. The dinner music is unique and pleasing as well, the microbrewery is in full view. Good Kids menu.

• Visited April 2013
“Great atmosphere, menu a little pricey, good food.”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The front entrance almost made it look like it was closed. Upon entering we were pleased to see a sitting area where you can wait to be seated. Directly in front of me was a long, beautiful bar and across from it-- their microbrewery.
We were seated in a booth toward the end of the bar. A nice atmosphere. corrugated steel wall dividers break this 'large room' into smaller comfortable seating areas.
Wings are a little price unless you go on a Monday night when it's all you can eat. I ordered a steak salad, which was very good for the price of 12.95. Not many soup choices.
The others' in my party ordered chicken on a bed of lettuce,etc Still not less than 15-20.00 a person for their lunch meal.
I'm glad that we tried it but I don't think I would go back unless they had an amazing special.
They had pizza but it was coated in garlic which for those of us who avoid garlic, not a good choice. Otherwise, that may have been a better choice.
Downstairs caters to the younger college crowd.
A nice place to visit, nothing special, unless you like home brewed beer, ...Atmosphere would be a 4-5 but food to me was only a 3.

• Visited October 2013
East Greenville, Pennsylvania
“An attempt at upscale”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Resulting in a mass produced food type atmosphere. While I was unable to try the beer, the food left little to write home about. I ordered the avalance burger with mushrooms onions and swiss. According to the menu it was hand made angus and brisket. Sadly it was greasy and the medium rare burger I ordered came out medium well. The curly fries which cost a $3 upcharge were decent but nothing better than can be found in the freezer aisle of the grocery store. While this may be a great place to hang out, I would prefer a small place with good food rather than one based on looks.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Kutztown Tavern? Share your experiences!