“50's Malt Shoppe”
Review of Pop's Malt Shoppe

Pop's Malt Shoppe
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Kutztown
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I don't get downtown Kutztown very often, so this was my first time at Pop's. The hard ice cream was delicious (Leiby's) and generously served! The decor is charming 50's. My friend and I enjoyed a game of checkers that was placed on our table. Can't wait to try their sundaes and splits...we had to behave because we just came from exercise class!

1  Thank gwenrich8

Reviewed 4 June 2014

60's era theme with ice cream! Candy, and food. Hot dogs, hamburger bbq, fries, funnel cake fries!!! A definite must try!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Had lunch here a few years ago and it was okay. This time the family stopped in for dessert. They have many ice cream flavors and specialties in the accessible freezer such as chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick and huge ice cream cookie sandwich.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Pop's works hard at giving you a 50's nostalgia buzz along with your ice cream with an ice cream parlor room, 50's music and cheery high school student servers. It started out small a few years ago and I have been glad to see it expand as it prospers.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

The actual food was microwaved in front of me. It was gross. I would only get ice cream here and that's only if the quality shoppe isn't open. It's nothing impressive.

Joel S, Owner at Pop's Malt Shoppe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

We are sorry you weren't happy with us. We strive to offer the best and if something was wrong or less than satisfactory, we would hope that it would be brought to our attention so we would have the opportunity to make it better. We are constantly getting positive feedback about our food and people rave about the flavor and quality of what we serve.
We've also chosen Leiby's ice cream due to their highest level of quality and in turn go through hundreds of gallons per week which definitely ensures freshness.