“Mother's Day "Brunch"” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn at Lackawaxen

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lackawaxen
The Inn at Lackawaxen
Ranked #2 of 2 Lackawaxen B&B and Inns
Eatontown, New Jersey
“Mother's Day "Brunch"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We went for Mother's Day buffet. The sign said brunch but there was no breakfast food on the menu. The place is a quaint, old inn where you can stay overnight, come to have a drink and eat. No need to dress up(I did and felt a little out of place). Biker's welcome. The buffet was ok. They had plenty to offer. Most of it was in sauces but what I tried was pretty good. There were muscles, linguine, chicken tetrazzini, eggplant rollatini, blueberry ravioli, meatballs(a little salty), sausage with peppers and onions(a little spicy), vegetables, fish, and a carving station with turkey and beef. There were about 20 different chaffing dishes of food to try as well as salads and some bread. Juices were available and drinks were brought to you by the wait staff. The carving station was run by the owner and "chief cook and bottle washer"(his words), an "ex" Marine, Scott. His wife was the hostess. The staff worked hard even coming in days beforehand to help prepare for this day. My in laws, husband and son had their plates full and enjoyed the food. Dessert table was full of different pies (apple, blueberry, chocolate mousse, etc...), a champagne glass with chocolate mousse parfait in it and other goodies. Coffee and tea were served also. The price was $16.95 for Mother's Day. They have a normal "brunch" on Sundays which is $12.95 which we have to go try. After eating we took a look at the Roebling bridge(built by John Roebling-he build the Brooklyn bridge) and rode across it. Nearby there is a Zane Grey museum that you can visit also. All this on the scenic Delaware River. Cute little town. Beautiful setting.

Room Tip: We didn't stay over but it is a cute, old inn. Very rustic. I would ask for a room on the Dela...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hawley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

My family and I stayed overnight. We were treated excellent by an extremely hard working and caring staff. The room was clean and comfortable. It was more than spacious. The food was out of this world. The butter garlic mussels are phenomenal. You don't leave there hungry. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Down stairs rooms are very quiet. Talk to staff about needs, they will help you. This is the country...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Poughkeepsie, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

The reviews about this place are dead on. The rates they charge for these rooms are crazy exorbitant. If they gave a 75% discount you would still be able to complain that you had been overcharged. It does seem that they have made attempts (way) in the past to fix some issues. Unfortunately it seems like a child did it with a hammer and saw. There are other places in the area that would be happy to have you ... with better rates, better accommodations.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank johnmilk

Travellers are raving about these Lackawaxen hotels

New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

This place wasn't as bad as I was expecting when I read the reviews. I stayed one night in a suite after a wedding. The wedding was nice, the room was fine, two bedrooms and one bathroom. It was more of just a place to crash while drunk. If you're going to the area on "vacation" or something stay at a bed and breakfast. The bar was great and the bartenders were hella fun. If you want a "peaceful" night maybe you shouldn't stay at a restaurant and bar.

Room Tip: Suite 3 was nice
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Springfield, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Rooms are poorly serviced - such as sheet for single bed on a double bed!!
Amenities amounted to 5 lotions, (no shampoo) One(1) wash cloth to be shared by two, no bath mat, 1 hand towel one day, none the 2nd day. We did get 2 bath towels. Finally found some wash cloths in laundry room. Calls go to bartender who is busy serving drinks & can't help. No management responds to anyone in our group even though we rented the entire place for 2 nights & dined both nights. Noise in all rooms over bar will permit sleep only after 2 AM. Bed was so bad that one of us used bed cover for pallet & slept on floor after bar noise closed down. Food is good & plentiful if you can wait 1&1/2 to 2 hours after being seated. Location on river is lovely but you pay very dearly for the location. Rooms didn't leak which made it one step above homelessness!

Room Tip: Choose another place to stay - cocktails on deck over looking river is best bet.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Ashburn, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

For three years, I have brought in a group that booked all their rooms, ate in their restaurant, and purchased drinks in their bar. This time was the worst experience I have ever had there and I will not be bringing my group back to the Lackawaxen Inn ever again! My group (Potomac Area Road Riders from the Washington, D. C. area) arrived at 7:00 p.m. Friday evening August 16, 2013. My room was not ready until after 8:30 p.m. Even though the Check In time is 3:00 p.m they refused to even consider a discount on my room. I asked to speak to the manager a number of times but he never showed his face. One would think that for all the business I had brought them, he would at least welcome us. Rooms 3, 4, and 5 are located above the bar. The bar is very loud and noisy and does not close until 2:00 a.m. If you use any of those rooms, you will not get any sleep until the bar closes. Room 5 reeks of cigarette smoke. One could develop lung cancer from being in that room. Everything in that room smelled like cigarette smoke. Even the bed linens. It was the worst 2 nights I had ever spent at any hotel in my entire life. The food in their restaurant is exceptional but you will wait long for it. For our group of 13 people, it took 1 hour and 45 minutes before any food was put on our table from the time we sat down. You have to plan on 3 hours for dinner at the Lackawaxen Inn. It's a real shame. The location and scenery is excellent but the customer service and facility stinks.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mike W
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Settled into room late. Next morning we found a blood stain on the mattress cover and my kids found a bottle, cups, and a candy wrapper under the bed. Room was not vacuumed well and the beds were not comfortable. We checked out and they would not refund my remaining two nights on my reservation. They claimed that they have a 48 hour cancellation policy which I should have been informed of over the phone, but I was not. I did not see such a policy on their website or anywhere else in writing.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lackawaxen
Greshams Lake View Motel
Ledges Hotel
Ledges Hotel
#3 of 7 in Hawley
The Lodge at Woodloch

Been to The Inn at Lackawaxen? Share your experiences!