“Insult to the Marine flag he has flying out front”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lackawaxen
The Inn at Lackawaxen
Ranked #2 of 2 Lackawaxen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We are a camping/Military family who know how to rough it and make do with what we have... But this place is WAY overpriced and is nothing like they advertise on their website. Stay here (If) you have no problem with 1) loud noises late at night (even on the weekday) 2) cigarette smoke & cigarette buds everywhere, 3) horrible service ( including the restaurant), 4) safety of your children because of men and alcohol consumption, 5) not even coffee unavailable ( unless you seek it out) 6) strange unknown odors in your room, & 7) not being able to shower because your shower head is broken ( no bath available), & 8).... Well - I could keep going, but I've wasted too much of my time on this review already.... If I had no kids, smoked, drank & the price was way, way lower & I knew not to expect too much, sure I'd stay here again. BUT not in the rooms above the bar.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank NIKI C
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Lackawaxen

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Let me start off by saying if you never have problems somewhere, sure your trip or stay was probably grand for you. I like most others had some kind of issue with my stay. All rooms are over the bar. They have entertainment every weekend until 2 am. (Wasn't a problem for me.) Room was cheap enough for the weekend. For $90.00 a night I certainly got what I paid for; a bed and bathroom.
At 2am toilet clogged and flowed like a morning waterfall. (Not cool!) Next to the phone is an emergency/non-emergency number to call between the hours of 2am and 10am. Don't call the number provided because in fact it is the wrong number. Owner eluded me as to not having be confronted by the early morning flood in the bathroom. (not good management)
The bed is more like a summer camp cot and is as comfortable as one. If you like camping...this bed is for you. (An up-grade from sleeping in your car or on the floor.)
Walls are paper thin.....be ready to allow yourself into someone else's life. (They hear everything you say and do....vise verse.)
Sign posted next to room#2 "NO Smoking" but I guess they are exempt because they are hired help living it that particular room.
Room was dirty ie...hair in the bathroom, more then a few cob-webs, bugs and water damaged bathroom. The decor is hideous, outdated and tattered.
One the plus side- plenty of parking, loved the music until 2am (drowned out the noisy neighbor) and the bar and outside deck are new and very pretty. (Wish they would spend as much $$$$ on the inside as they did the outside) Have eaten here many times. Sometimes good food and service and sometimes not as good. As someone else mentioned food and entertainment good but don't stay over night.
It's really too bad for this place because they are centrally located in a beautiful area, with a lovely outdoor setting and nice outdoor deck. They need extensive upgraded in the inside. ;(

Room Tip: Was in room #1. All rooms are over the bar unless you are downstairs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MAUREEN W
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I booked a 2 Room suite for one night for 147.15 as opposed to a single room. I was PROMISED room number 3 by Nancy and gave her my booking information. When I got there I was told they were still cleaning the rooms. I decided to go out and come back later that evening. I was given room number 2 by Lanie that night . Room number 3 was never cleaned and the door to that room was actually open and not cleaned. Room number 2 was a single room ..where as I book and was promised room Suite # 3. The next morning (June 23) I was told by Nancy and Scott that The room ( #3 ) was occupied by musicians and that they left their stuff in the room and the room could not be cleaned. ( Ironic how the room door of room #3 was left open, empty and uncleaned for my stay) I was told by Scott that I would get half of my money back for the mess up. Well, here it is 2 weeks later and no credit to my credit card. Lied to by the merchant …twice!! I give them my business and they can get it right! The hotel rooms were basic and semi clean….I would stay far away from this place next time

Room Tip: I usually go to a beautiful bed and breakfast in the area but I booked too late. I thought I would...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank David F
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a complete farce and shouldn't even be able to call itself an Inn. It is a bar, with a banquet hall attached. we arrived with our 3 kids after a long drive to stay one night before a rafting trip. the pics online look promising- and my husband booked it without reading reviews (this never happens...usually I do the research before hand). We arrived around 830 to a dive bar with an empty banquet hall attached no clear signage as to check in so after wandering into the "hall"...a waitress sent us over to the dive bar to "check in" they seemed shocked that we were there- honestly. they gave us a key charged us way too much and sent us to the basement where our "suite" was. We had to go through the smokey bar, full of many DRUNK people (at 830pm) out to the parking area to pull around back. Down a dark hallway- soap/shampoo had already been used, bedding was stained and gross...and in the morning there was no one...NO ONE there to help us and our "continental breakfast" was non existent. There is hardly cell service but I finally was able to call the number and no one answered. It was 845am. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. there is a really cute looking inn around the corner called the roebeling inn or something like that...I was bummed we didn't stay there...but apparently it didn't come up in the search online my husband did. Do not pay these people money to stay there. Seriously.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jupidog
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The worst ever! The dinner menu says mcdonalds is 9 1/2 miles away. Take the drive! We waited 1 1/2 hours for our dinner and it was raw and cold. Only 1 meal was eaten out of 4. Three tables came in after us and they were eating dinner while we were still waiting for salads. I've seen/had better salads at mcdonalds. The bread and coconut shrimp were good. That's all I can say.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa C
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We went for Mother's Day buffet. The sign said brunch but there was no breakfast food on the menu. The place is a quaint, old inn where you can stay overnight, come to have a drink and eat. No need to dress up(I did and felt a little out of place). Biker's welcome. The buffet was ok. They had plenty to offer. Most of it was in sauces but what I tried was pretty good. There were muscles, linguine, chicken tetrazzini, eggplant rollatini, blueberry ravioli, meatballs(a little salty), sausage with peppers and onions(a little spicy), vegetables, fish, and a carving station with turkey and beef. There were about 20 different chaffing dishes of food to try as well as salads and some bread. Juices were available and drinks were brought to you by the wait staff. The carving station was run by the owner and "chief cook and bottle washer"(his words), an "ex" Marine, Scott. His wife was the hostess. The staff worked hard even coming in days beforehand to help prepare for this day. My in laws, husband and son had their plates full and enjoyed the food. Dessert table was full of different pies (apple, blueberry, chocolate mousse, etc...), a champagne glass with chocolate mousse parfait in it and other goodies. Coffee and tea were served also. The price was $16.95 for Mother's Day. They have a normal "brunch" on Sundays which is $12.95 which we have to go try. After eating we took a look at the Roebling bridge(built by John Roebling-he build the Brooklyn bridge) and rode across it. Nearby there is a Zane Grey museum that you can visit also. All this on the scenic Delaware River. Cute little town. Beautiful setting.

Room Tip: We didn't stay over but it is a cute, old inn. Very rustic. I would ask for a room on the Dela...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My family and I stayed overnight. We were treated excellent by an extremely hard working and caring staff. The room was clean and comfortable. It was more than spacious. The food was out of this world. The butter garlic mussels are phenomenal. You don't leave there hungry. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Down stairs rooms are very quiet. Talk to staff about needs, they will help you. This is the country...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lackawaxen
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Catskill Mountains Resort
Catskill Mountains Resort
#2 of 5 in Barryville
Schrute Farms

Been to The Inn at Lackawaxen? Share your experiences!