“A Great Stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lackawaxen
1870 Roebling Inn on the Delaware
Ranked #1 of 2 Lackawaxen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We really enjoyed our weekend at the Roebling Inn. We found the Inn to be very comfortable and pleasant. We needed to relax and the Inn helped us do just that. The room was a real treat and it too was very comfortable. We found the breakfast very nice, well prepared and thoughtfully served. Don and JoAnn are not only great innkeepers, but very special people as well. We would recommend this Inn highly to all who are interested.
Bob and Barb

Room Tip: The 1st floor room was perfect for us. We were not aware that we were on the first floor at all in...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We ended up here for 1 night after deciding not to stay at The Carriage House in Barryville. A Park Ranger had given us the name. We found the place quite by chance and walked in and asked if they had 2 rooms for us for the night to help us out of a tricky situation. The inn keepers DJ & Joanne could not have been more helpful or accommodating. Rooms were very pleasant, nicely sized with remodeled bathrooms. Deluxe breakfast was more than we could have asked for, especially since we had just walked in off the street with no reservation. They also have 2 chairs right out by the river where you can sit & watch the eagles. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Only 5 guest rooms so book early in season.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This B&B made for a really great relaxing weekend. The inn is super cute and casual with really friendly innkeepers. If you want a quiet and relaxing weekend not too far from NYC . This is a great place. One thing to note - cell phones don't have reliable service in the area if any service at all!
If you do head out for a weekend I highly recommend Henning's Local which is a short drive from the inn. (I also say stay away from the Tree at Woodloch. It was extremely expensive and the quail tasted like it was cooked hours before it was served - reminded me of of grocery store rotisserie chicken).
There is a couple of small hikes in the area which were fun. There is one nice walk in the woods that goes around a pond. I recommend a day in a canoe on the river with a packed lunch. We did the three hour trip which was perfect. I went swimming this weekend....September 29 and the water was warm-ish! We also got a glimpse of a couple of eagles along the way.
I don't fish but from what we saw...it would be great fishing on the river too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nadeedee
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The owners are very welcoming and accommodating. Friendly, but gave you your space if you wanted it. It was very relaxing. My only "complaint" was that the mattress was a little hard, to my taste. But others, I'm sure, will find it just right. It wasn't a bad mattress. I just don't like firm.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My sisters and I have been vacationing together for many years and Roebling was one of the best B&B's we have stayed in. Our room and the common areas were welcoming and comfortable. The setting was great - I could sit for hours watching the river go by.

Breakfasts hit the spot. DJ fixed something special and delicious every morning - not over-the-top too fancy but definitely not ho-hum. And if you didn't want that, he was more than happy to whip up one of the best scrambled eggs imaginable.

But what most impressed me was the genuine helpfulness and concern that DJ and JoAnn displayed. Whether making breakfast, recommending restaurants and activities or going "above and beyond" to help us with some unexpected special needs, we found DJ and JoAnn not only willing and able, but happy to serve. A rare gift, for which I am grateful.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We felt totally at ease with the Inn Keepers,who answered all our questions, were extremely knowledgeable about the surrounding countryside, went out of their ways (numerous times) to make sure that we were attended to. In short, they were helpful, courteous, and everything an Inn Keeper should be! We have stayed at many B&Bs. However, my husband felt more comfortable here than at any Inn we have ever stayed at. The breakfast we were treated to was excellent! I am very hard to please when it comes to food. They exceeded my expectations...and, that is seldom accomplished! The only thing I regret about the stay is, I was unable to see the bald eagle. Which, I must admit, is totally my fault. My husband, however, did see the eagle. That siting made his day! Our room was clean and quiet. Not fancy, but homey. Completely satisfactory. We loved the location. The Delaware River is beautiful...and relaxing. We had a wonderful visit. We were more than totally satisfied with the Roebling Inn on the Delaware!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I highly recommend staying at the Roebling Inn. The peaceful and immaculate grounds allow you to forget the hustle and bustle of city life only a couple of hours away.

As a same-sex couple, we are always a little sensitive to how we are treated at B&Bs. At the Roebling Inn, Joann and D.J. warmly welcomed us just like the other couples who stayed there.

The breakfasts were prepared swiftly and were very tasty. We especially enjoyed a breakfast quiche and blueberry buckle D.J. prepared one morning.

If you want to get away for the weekend, see the stars, smell nature, stay at the Roebling Inn!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lackawaxen
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Harrington House
Harrington House
#1 of 4 in Milford
The Lodge at Woodloch

Been to 1870 Roebling Inn on the Delaware? Share your experiences!