“refreshing alternative to hotel chains in Plymouth Meeting. Convenient to Masonic Village,local colleges,Valley Forg”

Chubb Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lafayette Hill
California
Reviewed 11 April 2012 via mobile

Thanks to previous travelers, I made sure to look up directions to the hotel and might suggest to hotel that they consider revising web link wording on front page and call it "directions. " Although the address is on Ridge Pike , the entrance is off Manor Road. Suggest anyone coming from airport take the blue route (476 N) and return that way. GPS otherwise will take you on small streets and Schuylkill
Expressway, a mess at any hour and good to avoid.
As for the hotel, it is in a beautiful setting and rooms are very spacious and very clean. Bed very comfortable and seems to have been redone recently.. Staff was very friendly.
When you arrive, be sure to drive up the hill to hotel entrance to check in as it is quite a long uphill walk from the self park parking lot to the lobby if you are hauling suitcases.
Coffee makers and small frig are in the room and brewed coffee was served in lobby in a.m. Breakfast buffet was delicious but breakfast service ends early 8:30 or 9 am so sleeping in isn't an option unless you go out of the complex to find a later breakfast.This hotel is literally across the street from the Masonic Village (but a good mile walk due to entrance being on Manor Road. You need to take a car or as available, a nice offering is that hotel shuttle will take you there)so it is very convenient if you are visiting a relative . Plymouth meeting Mall has good selection of restaurants and a great Whole Foods Market if you want to stock up the refrigerator in the room .
Although Travel websites had shown no availability of rooms, suggest you call hotel itself. I gat a room right way by phone.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Berniniphile
ACEConferenceCenter, General Manager at Chubb Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at ACE Conference Center. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and recognized our recent guest room enhancements. Beginning May 15 all of our rooms will have completed a full renovation. Hopefully you will have another opportunity to stay with us and see our finished guest room enhancements. Thanks also for the feedback on directions, I will review and make appropriate changes to make finding us easier. I hope to meet you on your next visit!

Daniel Briones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Ace Conference Center for a training course and was pleased with the upgraded food menu and the renovation of the rooms and carpeting. The food on the buffet for lunch and dinner was really top shelf, lots of vegetarian and fish choices. My room had been recently renovated and was very nice. The wireless worked great with no password required and was quick. Over-all a nice experience.

The property does need to find a place for walkers/joggers. They will not allow anyone to use the golf course paths which is maddening early in the morning when no one is on the course and you are "trapped" in the conference center as there are no trials are places to jog/walk.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
ACEConferenceCenter, General Manager at Chubb Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you for taking time to respond about your recent stay at the ACE Conference Center. I was thrilled to hear about your recent experience, particularly the positive comments about our dining options provided by Wolfgang Puck Catering and our recently renovated guest rooms. I am disappointed to hear about your not being able to find an adequate jogging trail nearby. We do offer a walking trail on property, in addition our guests find half mile long driveway to provide an appropriate path for jogging. We also offer treadmills in our gym as an indoor running option. Should your travels bring you back to the ACE Conference Center I hope that you will find one of these options to be useful for your needs.

Thank you again for your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Regards,

Del City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 24 November 2011

When I got a cab from the airport the driver put in the address into his gps and the gps had "no clue" where the hotel was located. After an hour, $80 cab ride and getting lost I had to call the hotel for directions for the cabbie. Adding to the confusion the hotel is located at a country club and a convention center. The hotel was not within walking distance to any restaurants or shops. Upon arrival at 8p the hotel had a $50 buffet or a $25 roast beef sandwich. The room was clean and comfortable and the conference rooms were very nice. The hotel grounds were clean and quiet. The hotel is sprawled out and can b a long walk from the front desk. Most rooms have patios. The hotel itself is secluded and quiet and has a nice view over the countryside. From what a cab driver said Lafayette Hill is one of the safest places in Philly. It's about a $35 cab ride to downtown. On the third nite there i decided to stay in room and order a pizza from a delivery restaurant 1.5 miles from the hotel. The delivery driver didnt know where the hotel was and called me for directions. WTH??? When I left for the airport to go home the cabbie went thru the city and it cost $50. Cabbies were not very friendly. But I did get to visit Paddys Pub from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. That was worth the trip. I'd like to go back and spend time site seeing. If I stay at this hotel again I would rent a car.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank David T
ACEConferenceCenter, General Manager at Chubb Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay at the ACE Conference Center. I am disappointed to hear about the challenges you had in getting here and that your cab driver was unable to locate the property. Our facility has been located here for almost 30 years so it’s discouraging to hear that an area cab driver was not able to locate our property, even with GPS. As we are situated on 300 acres along with The ACE Golf Club, we are not within walking distance to area restaurants and shopping, however we do offer complimentary transfers to nearby destinations. Additionally we do offer a lighter fare menu in our lounge, I apologize that this was not made clear to you during your visit. Should your travels bring you back to the ACE Conference Center please contact me directly so I may be of assistance to you to make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in the Philadelphia area.

Regards,

ACE Conference Center
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We needed one room for a Saturday night and were able to get a great rate. We found a spacious room that was very clean and had everything we might need, including extra blankets and pillows in the closet. I understand the comments about some rooms being far from check-in area. The staff were extremely helpful, however, and told us where to park to be closest to our room. A request for extra towels was promptly taken care of. This place has everything that we needed and we really liked it. Clean & quiet - just like we like it!

Room Tip: Ask where you should park when you check in so that you can park closer to your room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We had our 5th (every 5 years) camp reunion at this facility. They overbooked. We had to go elsewhere for Friday night. When we arrived Saturday some of the group had no rooms even though they had confirmed reservations 6 months in advance. Desk personell were impersonal and the manager in charge got people handicapped rooms after the desk said there were no rooms. The manager did not smile nor say she was sorry. My room was the last one in the place. Could not have been further from the lobby. The dinner was a buffet. When platters were empty they did not refill them as normal. The food was poor. Lines were long. Service was dismal. I would never go back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 November 2010

This hotel had five star quality in a great location that makes you feel like it is remote, but really is not. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, and the service was very quick. They only down fall was that I personally did not like the food. Some of it was more exotic than I personally care for, other stuff was brought in and just didn't look presentable. I would go back in a heart beat. I drive past it and wish I had a reason to check in.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2010

This property is fairly nice with a well maintained golf course with pretty views in a good location. The rooms are slightly outdated, yet clean. Beds feel cheap and have plastic mattress protectors, so it feels as though you're sleeping on a shower curtain, but it did the job. Rooms have abundant sunlight and large sliding glass doors.... And while they each have a great balcony, they are shared with other rooms so we didn't use the balcony to give our neighbors their privacy.

This property has lots of potential, but they will need to do some reshuffling of their management as we were greeted with a shockingly rude and unhelpful assistant manager named Jeffrey Kelly. We were appalled at his classlessness and unprofessionalism when we were late checking out of our room after my wife became ill with food poisoning after eating their breakfast. Hoping for a bit of understanding for checking out 30 minutes late because my wife had been vomiting profusely since breakfast, we were met with the threat of charging us for an extra night (while he had our credit card in hand) and a security guard escorting me and my poor wife from the room.

We travel weekly for business and have never in our many years of traveling been met with such bitterness, lack of compassion, unprofessionalism, and surly threats.

We hope ACE looks into this manager's behavior as it is truly a detriment to the success of their business.

• Stayed August 2010
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
#2 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken
Homewood Suites by Hilton Philad...
#1 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting

Been to Chubb Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!