“Yummy Italian Food”

Cuisines: Pizza
South Florida, Florida
“Yummy Italian Food”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The menu was large and filled with typical Italian dishes. We ordered 2 appetizers which were excellent: crab stuffed mushrooms with a sherry cream sauce - awesome, and roasted peppers with olives and aged provolone cheese - really good too! Our entrees were excellent and the portions were large. Loved that it was BYOB!

Visited September 2013

Solebury, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food, but...”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

My family and I have eaten here several times and the food is delicious. There is something for everyone given the large menu and daily specials. Where things drop off a bit is with atmosphere and service. The restaurant is located in old strip mall so it's easy to miss. Inside is quaint. My biggest issue is the flies. They are constantly around you making for a irritating experience. Service can be uneven.

Visited August 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent Italian Food”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

From the Boot is very near my home and I've eaten here a number of times. I've never been let down by the quality or quantity of food served. I've had basic dishes (spaghetti, lasagna, florentine-varieties, etc.) as well as some more unusual dishes. The garlic bread served while you wait for your entree is amazing! If you like good Italian soul food, stop in -- you won't be disappointed!

• Visited July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Basic, But Very Good, Italian Food”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

It was a Monday but it felt like a Friday. For some reason, Soul Mate and I just didn’t feel like cooking (even though I had just picked up some fresh Jersey corn and tomatoes). So, we decided to get some Italian comfort food – and off to From The Boot we went.

This is a nice little BYOB not far from Philly. The dishes are fairly simple but consistent in quality. We started with an eggplant rollatini. The ingredients were very fresh – we could have used a little more tomato sauce on the dish. For my main course, I had the veal parm. Again, could have used more sauce. The veal was nicely breaded – not too much. Veal was tender (must have been pounded). And the pasta was cooked just right.

Soul Mate had a salad and a side of meatballs (while nibbling on my veal). The side of meatballs came in very handy – I had the extra sauce needed for the veal after all!
The meatballs were good – not overly breaded. Salad was fresh.

Service was attentive. I give From The Boot and overall 4 rating because you can’t do ratings in between numbers. It would probably fall more like a 3.5 but because it is so steady and the people are nice, I bumped it up rather than lowered it.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ricky R
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Great local spot. Quality, delicious food and a very attentive staff. The garlic bread is terrific. Even better is that the place is byob.

• Visited July 2013