“Perfect mini getaway”

Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lahaska
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and i stayed here for 2 nights for a mini-getaway - it was perfect! Our room was huge and had a gas fireplace, plus the bathroom had whirlpool that easily fit 2 people. It was very clean and comfortable, the perfect place to retire for the night after a day of shopping. All of our encounters with staff were wonderful, everyone was so nice and helpful. We enjoyed walking around the shops each day, and even got a couples massage at the nearby spa. The room came with complimentary breakfast each morning which was the perfect amount of food for us - they also had hot oatmeal available upon request. All in all it was a wonderful weekend, and we will certainly be back!

1  Thank Jen M

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have been visiting Peddlers Village for over 10 years now which started when myself and 4 sisters wanted to treat our mom to this wonderful village for the weekend to enjoy the wonderful shopping and dining experiences. We always stayed at the Golden Plough since it has always been very clean and comfortable and the staff always very accommodating. The reason for writing this review is because throughout all these years we always looked forward to an outstanding sit down breakfast that was offered in the restaurant downstairs from the Golden Plough. Yes we had other options in the area for breakfast but my mom, sisters and myself all had our favorites from their wonderful extensive menu offering the freshest biscuits, omelets, french toast, pancakes, eggs benedict, fresh fruit, oatmeal, etc since the list was endless. Last weekend to our surprise waking up looking so forward to the exceptional breakfast that awaited us with each visit in the past we walked into the dining room and were totally confused. All of the seating chairs and tables were removed and replaced with a few tables that obviously now looked like a continental breakfast. This breakfast if you want to call it one was just so disgusting with quite a few very unhealthy options to choose from. My mom just ended up eating some toast and a cup of coffee that was very bitter. As we sat down for this atrocious breakfast all we kept hearing was very negative complaints to the hostess asking what happened here? Not one family came in that was happy with this meal. We always book 2 rooms for all of us and pay quite a bit more than for the neighboring hotels that we could have chosen but my mom always asked us to stay at the Golden Plough since she loves everything about the rooms and service and most importantly the lovely breakfast that they all offered to their customers until now. We would love to have the old breakfast dining experience brought back to the Golden Plough not only for us but for everyone else that has stayed there and of course for future new customers.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank reunion20145
GoldenPloughInn, General Manager at Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to express your dissatisfaction during your most recent stay at the Golden Plough Inn. We are always disappointed when we fail to meet our guest’s expectations. We are reviewing the layout and standards of our new enhanced Continental Breakfast and hope to host your Family Reunion at Peddlers Village for many years to come.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I've stayed at the Golden Plough several times over the past 4 years and have never been disappointed in the accommodations or the service. I've never stayed in the "main building", but have chosen to stay in the suites on the far end of the Village, above the shops. This is a fabulous use of the space, and definitely different from most motels/hotels. All of the spacious suites have been very nicely decorated, even though I'm not a huge fan of "flowery" decor. Although I couldn't live with it 24/7, for a getaway it's rather soothing. During the day the area was busy with shoppers, and it was fun to be above it all and be able to watch the goings on. Two of the suites I stayed in were adjacent to the coffee shop - very convenient! The assigned parking was a huge plus. At night this area can be a little isolated - my car was often the only one in the parking lot - but I actually preferred the quiet and privacy the room offered. Each suite is very different, but all are comfy. Some even offer a fireplace.

I think the thing I like best about staying at the Golden Plough is the location...the setting. You can get up early in the morning, make a cup of coffee (or stop at the coffee shop) and then take a walk around the Village. It's so beautiful and serene before everything opens. I would usually walk from my suite and have breakfast with the voucher provided at check-in.

All of my stays were from 4-6 nights, and I never experienced any problems whatsoever. Check in was fast, employees are pleasant, and the clerk even made sure to send someone to my suite to help me upstairs with the luggage (no elevator in the building). This is one place that I actually look forward to visiting.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LindaBernieBoo
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We have visited the area several different time in the past few years. If you enjoy walking around and visiting different shops and eateries for a day this is a very relaxing place to visit. This was the first time we stayed overnight. We found the rooms clean and the staff very pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael f
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently stayed at the Golden Plough Inn for a wedding over memorial Day weekend. The hotel was very lovely and the staff was more than friendly. Our room was large and clean and well appointed with traditional décor and a wonderful fireplace.
My only negative thought was the bathroom is small with a traditional tub/shower with that being said the tile was new and it was spotless. Our room was very quiet and I liked having a parking spot designated for our room outside the door of the hotel.
The Inn has a fabulous location!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank irishgirl12014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night in the New Hope Suite which is a private suite above the candy shop in peddler's village. It had gas fireplace, king sized bed and 2 person jacuzzi. The suite was tastefully furnished and very romantic. The fireplace was a nice touch and was emitted heat. there was a coach and table and chairs near the fireplace. The jacuzzi was large that 2 people can sit side by side. The shower was on the small size even for one person. We loved it! Though, it was pricey. It was close to $400 a night including taxes with a AAA discount. It came with a bottle of white wine from the wine store in peddlers village. The TV was an old version, but we did not use it. I would definitely stay in the suite again as it was so private and pretty but it is more for a special occassion and not frequently. It was very quiet. The free breakfast looked not worth it, so we sent to the Cock and Bull for the buffet.

Room Tip: Ask for a private room as when we were there the rooms in the main building were filled with wedding...
1  Thank noelle1156
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We have stayed in the Golden Plough Inn a few times and usually have a very good experience. The rooms are old fashioned in furnishings. The first time we stayed we stayed in the main hotel. The room was nice but the vent for the restaurant downstairs was right under our window. We smelled food all night. The second time we stayed in a room with a very high old fashioned bed, I needed a stool to get in and out of. I did not care for this at all and have since requested rooms with normal beds. The hotel is in a village called Peddler's Village. The rooms are scattered around the village above the stores. They have parking for each room so there is no problem there. We stayed this past weekend and had room 601. If you visit the Golden Plough I would recommend NOT taking this room. The room itself is lovely and the bed is very comfortable but the air conditioning did not work well and it is right next to a stair case and an ice machine. We heard people clopping up and down the stairs till 3 in the morning, people getting ice and slamming of doors. We did let the front desk know this when we checked out and asked that they make a note not to offer us that room again. The Golden Plough used to give a voucher for a full breakfast at the connecting restaurant, The Button Wood, which was usually very good. Now the Golden Plough gives a voucher for an enhanced Continental breakfast. It was terrible. They had cereal, a few very small pastries, bagels, oatmeal upon request and some sort of breakfast sandwich wrapped in paper. The coffee was very bitter. So all in all The Golden Plough is a nice place to stay if your looking for a quck get away, the people at the front desk are very nice. The shops in Peddler's Village are fun to walk through and you can find different things you don't see all over. They have a great Coach outlet and Gymboree outlet there also. We will go back again but will request a room not near the stairs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stair cases. Most of the rooms in the outer buildings do not have elev...
1  Thank Jill S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaska
The Lambertville House Hotel
Hampton Inn Doylestown
#2 of 3 in Warrington
11 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village? Share your experiences!