“Super-clean”

Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lahaska
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Why am I writing this review? I jealously don't want to share the details of this stay. It might make it harder to get reservations the next time I want to stay. I am usually a fan of ultra-modern, big-name hotels, but this quaint, historic Inn quickly won me over. My wife loves these kinds of places, but I need lots of space to be happy, so I opted for a Fireplace Room. I am still patting myself on the back for that choice. The room was spacious with a nice sitting area and light colors that made everything feel open. And clean. I mean "wow" clean. I have stayed in 5 star hotels with bathrooms that were not as clean as our room. They told us that the renovations were relatively new, but I swear it seemed like no one had ever used this room before, that's how pristine it was. The highlights: beautiful sculptured bur-bur rugs, modern Restoration Hardware fixtures in the bath that made it reminiscent of 20's era, in-room fridge, FREE bottle of Chaddsford wine, Free breakfast, FREE WiFi (that's like the trifecta of free for me) flat panel TV, gas fireplace and king bed. My wife thought the bed was too soft, but I found it just fine. One final plus: if you've read any of my other reviews, you know that I despise shower curtains. Although the shower was a bit narrow, the glass doors more than made up for it. Enjoy!

1  Thank Paul C

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We have stayed at the Golden Plough Inn many times. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The newly renovated rooms were tastefully done and well equipped. You can't beat the price. We enjoyed our stay very much.

If we had to mention a negative it would be the change in breakfast. In the past, you were given vouchers to put towards and breakfast order. Presently, they give you vouchers for a continental breakfast that is set up buffet style. That would have been fine but the choices are very limited, with only a few things to choose from.

Room Tip: The main building has an elevator if needed..
1  Thank susan h
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at the Golden Plough for only one night and wish it could have been many more! Beautiful large room with 2 Queen size 4 poster beds, a sofa, table, easy chair, dresser, fridge and hair dryer. Tons of room and spotlessly clean. The bathroom had a gorgeous tiled shower and 2 sinks with good quality shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Plenty of sparkling white linens. The beds were possibly the most comfortable we have ever found and there were tons of pillows. The only downside to the beds is they were very high and a challenge for us short, older folks to get into! The entire hotel is definitely 5 stars for us. There are stairs up to the lobby, but an elevator once you get inside. We had a room on the 3rd floor of the main building and had no issues with noise or anything else. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Peddler's Village.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the main building.
1  Thank Jeannie1717
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We recently booked and stayed at the Golden Plough Inn with our family and stayed in three different rooms which were are just gorgeous. The wow factor for our accommodations was off the charts. We all were so impressed and happy and comfortable with our rooms. My daughter-in-law even took pictures so she could try to re-create the decor in her room in their new home! T/he staff is wonderful and very attentive. We have already booked a return trip for the holidays and can't wait to see the Inn the and village all decked out for the holidays. The only hiccup was the continental breakfast which wasn't great but also, not the reason we stayed there. Looking forward to our return. linda c.
/long island,ny

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor of the Inn. Very quiet and beautiful accommodations.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have stayed at the Golden Plough Inn a number of times, but this is the first time we stayed in the Inn. The Inn has been newly renovated and it is absolutely lovely. The bathrooms are spacious, the rooms are large and have 2 chairs that are very comfortable. Upon arrival you find a full bottle of wine in your room and you also get continental breakfast which was good. Prior to the renovation, you would get a full breakfast. The front desk and entire staff are excellent. The only thing that is missing is a coffee maker in the room and they definitely need either carts or bell service for your luggage. They can get someone to assist you, but it is hit & miss.

The rates are excellent, but they do get overly high once October comes.

I don't know if they own or manage the Buttonwood Grill which has excellent hamburgers, but the service and wait for your order is ridiculous. We waited 45 minutes for a hamburger for lunch on Saturday and their lunch menu leaves a lot to be desired as there were very few sandwiches if any. I will also review ths separately.

Room Tip: If you require an elevator or handicap facilities, you have to stay in the Inn or in the Carousel bu...
3  Thank janie51
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We always detour when traveling so, as Entertainment Director, it's my job to find new things to do! I chose Peddler's Village, made reservations at the Golden Plough Inn. We didn't actually stay there...they gave us a very nice room (large) above one of the stores in Peddler's Village! It was perfect because of its central location and proximity to everything in the Village! I checked out every store, bought a couple of trinkets, but the best part was seeing the Gazebo & the Village shops lit up at night! Really gorgeous! Our room charge included a free bottle of wine! Well worth it! I heard it's the go-to place at Christmas time!

Room Tip: Our room was not handicap accessible. Lots of stairs above a store.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ann P
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The rooms at the Golden Plough are badly in need of renovation, especially those that are not in the main building (which are the majority of rooms at the Inn). The cooling/heating systems are either noisy or do not work, and in some cases are hazardous. The rooms are very musty. When I checked into my room, in the Village Square, the hallway was 90 degrees, the ice machine did not work and the air conditioner in my room did not turn on. Most of the front desk staff couldn't care less about the Inn or their guests. What was once a lovely and unique place to stay has turned into a tourist trap.

3  Thank Masque978
messiahwcc, General Manager at Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for your recent patronage of the Golden Plough Inn at Peddlers Village. I am disappointed that your most recent experience did not meet your and our own expectations. The Village is a spectacular location this time of year with our flower beds in full bloom and shopping a pastime. We have just completed a modernization of all of our rooms; and hope that you will visit again soon to rekindle the memories you once made here.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaska
The Lambertville House Hotel
Hampton Inn Doylestown
#2 of 3 in Warrington
11 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Newtown

Been to Golden Plough Inn at Peddler's Village? Share your experiences!