“Meh”

Waterlillies
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I've been to Waterlilies for dinner and for lunch. Lunch is better than dinner. The dinner entries are just OK. Lunch is often lively and the food is fresh. The pierogi are pretty good. The salads are always good for lunch. The Ceasar is just ok - romaine with bottled ceasar dressing and a few croutons. Pretty boring. The service is efficient but cold. The dinner steaks are average, the other entrees are also just average. Neither good nor bad. About all you can say about dinner is that it is better than eating at a Ruby Tuesdays or its counterparts when you don't want to cook.

1  Thank wandaMPa
There are newer reviews for Waterlillies

Reviewed 26 December 2011

Nice place - good menu and service was prompt. No complaints for lunch.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

I have visited this lovely resturant more than a dozen times over the past few years. My girlfriends & I meet here for brunch several times a year. Their french toast is to die for! When my sister in law from Okalahoma visits, it's our 1st outing along with some "light shopping". We always go back for more!!

Reviewed 21 July 2011

After reading the other two reviews about Waterlillies, we were eager to try it. The dining room was nice ...but, it was rather empty for a high tourist area...and, an empty dining room should have been our first clue.

Well, I can see that this place may have been nice at one time (...After we got home, I went back and noticed that the dates on previous reviews were older and there was nothing recent...) but, lately, this place is serving SKIMPY portions. How skimpy....Someone in their kitchen spread the tuna on the bread so that it appeared to be mostly mayo with a little tuna mixed in. Then, it was masked by two pieces of melted cheese for $10. And, the tuna was that cheap kind of tuna. My other friend said that her food was frozen.

Also, our waitress disappeared after she served our food. Hmmm.

And, don't expect many refills. We were told upon placing our order that we could only get 1 free refill on regular soft drinks.

But, probably the worst thing we encountered here were the loud personal conversations from their staff. The worst conversation took place between one of their watresses and other diners who had apparently finished eating their meals. The waitress was standing very close to our table as she was telling a couple how her cat had been up the previous night (VOMITING...) Well, we had been served our food and didn't know whether to ask to change tables..or what.

Any way, Let's just say that from the upscale appearance of their dining room and their prices and their skimpy portions, we expected better. Never heard this type of conversation in McDonalds

NEVER AGAIN.

2  Thank Just-Want-To-Say
Reviewed 28 July 2009

My girlfriend and I celebrated our one year anniversey at Waterlillies. The food and service were nothing but excellent. The atmosphere of the restaurant was very casual, romantic, and quite. A perfect restaurant for a date or a romantic dinner. The only question we had was why there wasn't much business! One of our favorite places to dine!