“Great stay, great chalet”
Living Room with Gas Fireplace Gas Fireplace
Upstairs Full Size bedroom
Upstairs bedroom
Vanity
2 Twin Beds
Loft with Sleeper couch, desk and glider chair
All Dressed up for Fall - Dining room sits 10 easily, leaf can be added for additional room
Table setting has eveything you need!
Kitchen
One of 3 playgrounds
Screened in room with gas grill
New gas grill

matefa
Bellmawr, New Jersey
“Not worth the drive!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

So, it says 5 bedrooms, its 3 bedrooms one with two twin beds, there is a dingy loft with cobwebs everywhere that I think they count as a bedroom, which has a futon that is like sleeping on plywood. All the beds are uncomfortable but doable. The basement is really nice and I do believe that couch pulls out but we didnt use it. The truth is upon arrival we were excited, it looked nice and we didnt take the time to investigate the house at first. We trusted the prior reviews, upon settling in later that night...OMG! Spider webs up and down the banister going up to the loft, a dirty cup from a previous tenant in the two twin bedroom, we had to travel 3 miles to a local store to get cleaning supplies to clean it sufficiently to sleep there comfortably. There is a check in list that the owners "require" you to fill out, if you do not let them know immediately of your issues they just dont care. We didnt get there until 5 pm and it was getting dark, the hosue is not very bright inside so upon the morning we were disgusted. Dust everywhere, the living room area rug, ugh! The curtains were dingy and the bathroom floors upon stepping on them or wiping them were grey from dirt. We had to clorox the showers to feel better and literally everything at that point because it had such an unclean feel. We were determined to make the best of it and tried to. On the day we were leaving I knew the owners would find a way to dismiss our concerns and I sent them pictures of the dust bunnies and the cobwebs and of course they didnt care. No response and even an attutude stating they were "sorry it didnt meet our standards" and thet they visit the property before a rental, EWWW! Included in a rental fee is the cleaning fee, we should have received the cleaning fee because we cleaned the house. We were really disappointed. Our goal was to find a place where we could all meet yearly as a group and we are reluctant to rent a vacation home again. The loft was my biggest problem because my daughter slept there, so I literally was standing on chairs to dust so my daughter wouldnt sleep among that dust, also the bar b q grill is a waste of time to cook on. It was unpleasant and unappelaing and it is a shame because the property has potential all it need is TLC. A waste of a 2 hour drive for us.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The idea of the property
Liked least: It was dirty!!!!!!
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
16 Sep 2013
Our write up for the property is: "The PA Chalet sleeps 10. It offers three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a loft with a queen size futon, desk area with internet access, the loft over looks the living room which is complete with a gas fireplace. Also on the ground floor is a fully equipped kitchen with microwave and dishwasher. If you don't feel like cooking in the kitchen you can always barbecue on the gas grill in the screened in room or use our new grocery/ meal delivery service! Downstairs, a furnished walkout basement includes a dining room and a TV room, additional sleep area with a queen size futon & a laundry area with a washer and dryer." Flipkey, when you list the sleep areas, puts it at 5. We have no control over this but ensure that we are very specific in our write up as not to mislead. We also have pictures of all the sleeping areas posted on our web site www.thepachalet.com and flipkey to help all travelers know what to expect. Our policy on check in is to call us if you have concerns so we can rectify it immediately. If you wait several days and notify us when checking out we have no ability to address your concern. It is important to us as owners to be responsive to our renters and pride ourselves on the customer service our guests receive from the time of booking to checkout. The house is well maintained. We enjoy decorating it prior to holidays and change the decor seasonally.
NJ

Reviewed 28 December 2012 for a stay in December 2012

A romantic getaway
Management Response
28 Dec 2012
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I wish you asked us about restaurants because there are an number of higher end restaurants in the area: Settlers Inn Restaurant, Falls Port Restaurant or Ehrhardts are all ones that we would recommend. We appreciate your comments as it helped us to realize that we do not have the higher end restaurants listed on our web site www.pachalet.zoomshare.com but this was corrected today! We hope to see you back again soon. Have a wonderful New Year.
Jean & Chris
Long Island
Reviewed 8 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$175
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing