“Split rock Galleria & waterpark”

Split Rock Resort Indoor Waterpark
More attraction details
Owner description: H2Oooohh Indoor Water Park is complete with 2 tube slides, a raft slide, 2 body slides, wave pool, lily pad crossing, in-water basketball, 2 hot tubs, snack bar, adult bar, and flow rider surf machine! No hotel room required; walk-ins are welcome! Grab your towel and come enjoy 84 degrees of fun!
Pickering, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Split rock Galleria & waterpark”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have been several times. Although it might not be fancy, it has so much to do! We stay at Galleria, since the activities are based there. The kids love the arcade.
If you don't have any kid, you would want the nicer new units that are further from the Galleria.
The Waterpark is great for kids 5-12. Never too busy when we have been there.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank 3Marc3

Brisbane, Australia
“Great day at the indoor water park”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was a bit hesitant after reading the reviews, but after such a long, cold winter I was willing to give it a shot. The water park was great! The three tube slides were really fun. There's an area where you can 'surf', both my boys (10 & 12) tried it and were successful (no extra fee!). The young man operating that area was attentive and got them to do some tricks when he saw they had good balance. A manager was constantly making rounds. When my son scraped his knee we received prompt first aid. The locker rooms are large and nice, although water pooled around the toilets making that area a bit unpleasant. The snack bar was OK, what you would expect. Once you get the hang of the lockers (extra fee $6-$8) they are easy to get into whenever you need to. At times I was a little cold, and I found the water in the main pool to be too cold for my liking, but the kids were fine with it. After going up the stairs to the tube rides a few times the water felt great. The chlorine odor got to me at one point, but that passed & my eyes didn't feel irritated or red later on. All in all it seemed very clean and well run. My kids had no trouble entertaining themselves for the 4 hours that we were there. We did not stay in the hotel.

new york
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Have to admit that went was skeptical reading all the negative reviews - was pleasantly surprised by everything - Staff was extremely helpful need to mention Naomi and Linette with a smooth check in and check out process - Special shout out to Radica Jailal - she patiently answered all our questions and went out of her way to help us make our stay pleasant.We used the facilities - Water park, ate at Smoke house Grill for dinner and were happy with everything.
Tammy helped us with reservation and was great.
Stayed at Willowbrook the newer units - liked the peace and quiet and these are nice clean fully equipped units - some like to stay in the main bldg because of the facilities us as a couple were perfectly happy to go back to our rooms ..Will come again with family and enjoy the facilities..

1 Thank smita p
Horseheads, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The boys liked it, we had other thoughts”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This place could be considered a smaller, less expensive alternative to Great Wolf Lodge, which is located about 25 miles away. We had four free passes to the park and attended on Monday, April 21. Our 11-year-old boys had a great time, but then most kids their age who love the water usually do in a waterpark.

From an adult perspective, things were a bit different...

Upsides:

1) Courteous, helpful staff in the waterpark.

2) The waterpark is open to the public and overnight accommodations are not required to get day pass tickets.

3) Mostly clean, except for the changing rooms (see below).

4) There wasn't much of a crowd when we arrived at opening (10:00 AM) and the biggest crowd seemed to be around 12:00-3:00 PM. The longest wait we experienced in line for the bigger slides was about 10 minutes, and that was during the busy time. As mentioned above, this was on a Monday during the school year...weekends and other peak times will probably be much different.

Downsides: Plenty

1) The lack of visible security is frightening. Their are two entrances to the restrooms/changing rooms--one inside the waterpark and one near the lobby. It would be very easy for some creep to sneak a child right out through the restrooms and into the parking lot. If the lone attendant at the front desk is overworked, they probably wouldn't even notice.

2) Like most waterparks, it's a captive market for food and beverages (no outside coolers permitted), so be prepared to pay through the nose. As an example, a "chef's salad" was $7.00 and it barely filled a styrofoam box which would normally hold a hamburger. Minor upside: free refills on soft drinks and water.

3) Locker rentals are $6 for a small unit and $8 for a large unit. The large lockers aren't much bigger than the small locker.

4) Very long waits for the Komodo Dragon. The boys waited for almost 25 minutes to get their chance to ride this attraction. The guard attending this ride would let the more experienced surfers ride for considerably longer than beginners.

5) It's almost impossible to not get your feet wet or drag the leg of your pants into the water when using the changing rooms at the end of the day. The stalls in the changing rooms have drains along the wall (right below the benches), but those appeared to be clogged and there was standing water in the stalls.

6) Heavily chlorinated water. I realize this is done for health/sanitary reasons, but my eyes were very irritated after a day in the park.

7) Not much supervision by the lifeguards in the area with the basketball hoops. We noticed a lot of aggressive behavior on the part of some of the older/larger kids that went unchecked by the lifeguards.

Tips for visitors to Split Rock:

1) Download the waiver/release form from the web site and have it filled out when you arrive, if you have day passes. This will save a LOT of time when you check in.

2) Bring a backpack (not a cooler). If it happens to contain handy food items like granola bars, bananas, apples or small bags of chips, it probably won't be noticed. We saw plenty of people who did this.

4 Thank Mongrel08
Rochester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Good from afar but far from good”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Let me first set the stage...

We own a timeshare through sheraton in Orlando. We exchanged because we were not able to travel and wanted someplace close for spring break with our 2 boys. My wife saw this resort with a waterpark and thought this would work out.

We read the reviews and became concerned. I kept saying to my wife have realistic expectations (low) but the boys will love the water park.

We arrive and check in. The first surprise is learning that there are fees for the water park and that the very next day high season starts and the fees will be even more. PAUSE .... For the money I spent on sheraton and my exchange fee I'm shocked that I have to pay for the water park. Next I find out that EVERYTHING has fees including bowling, movies, tennis, pool table, you even have to pay for your own ping pong balls. I ask the receptionist what is the benefit of being a time share owner here at the resort. She kindly responded " well you get to use our pool" that was it (btw the hot tub at the pool is broken). I was reminded that I would have to pay a toll everytime we left the resort and returned. Sigh...

Overall, this place has potential but relative to my Orlando timeshare there is no comparison. However, if this was my first experience with a resort I could be fooled into thinking this was the best place ever. We actually heard someone say this ... we could only shake or heads and chuckle.

I guess your experience is relative to what you know. Some perspective examples below ... if you are okay with this then this may be the place for you.

For example:
Customer service is best on par with that of a Walmart. Employees rarely smile, appear bothered by your questions, quick to state that certain activities are not part of the resort but run by an affiliate therefore they can't/wont help you even though they advertise it as their own. This is true for atleast the water park, golf, and fishing.

Rooms are clean, we stayed in westwood. Yes dated but I could live with that. However, beds have very hard mattresses. We couldn't sleep well at all. I'm used to a washer and dryer in my villa, not here ... Had to travel to the laundromat. ... yup you guessed it there are fees for that too :)

My bottom line opinion is that this resort isn't focused on customer service or creating vacation experiences. They are profit driven first and will do that by charging fees ... not classy. If they were customer and family focused, memberships would rise because people would talk about it in a positive light. Here, I suspect people come for the water park, pay there fees and usually decide to never return again. You couldn't pay me to return here.

So in summary this resort is not for those who want to be pampered, stick to a budget, or expect a stress free time. Expect a walmart or dollar store customer service experience with overly priced items. Not worth the time or money. Only resort visiting first timers with low expectations could like this place.

7 Thank successfulguy