I was doubtful with the negative reviews of Cove Haven because they were from one-time reviewers. Recently I cashed SPG points and stayed there for one night. Here is my experience.
I stayed at the Harbour Tower room with round bed, heart shaped Jacuzzi and glass shower. The bed is not Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. The room décor is ancient but it is comfortable, clean and well-maintained. It has an old TV with integrated VHS player. All fixtures work properly. The missing parts are additional outlets to charge mobile phone and other electronics. Don’t forget to bring bubble bath since they are not provided, or you can use shampoo.
At the dining table, I was seated in the same table with other people I did not know. I met nice people from Philadelphia and Toronto. Food is decent: salad, bruschetta, pasta with three types of sauce (Alfredo, Marinara and Vodka), ravioli, meatballs, chicken parmesan, fried calamari, cod, sole with crabmeat (crab is perhaps 1%, the rest is just filling), sausages, steam vegetable, zucchini, tiramisu, lemon cake, canoli, chocolate fountain with strawberry and marshmallow.
See my photos of the “Quickie” breakfast-in-bed. My friend told me the breakfast looks like quick delivery from Burger King. The difference is you get free small Italian Spumante (alcoholic sparkling wine). Breakfast is decent. As a Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, I requested late check out at 2 PM. My request was denied. I had to leave at 1 PM.
Overall I like the resort. I do not have time to check the night entertainment and other activities. I would come back to the resort if they let me have a late check out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cove Haven Resort is romantic couples-only destination located in the scenic Pocono Mountains. Famous for being the birthplace of the heart-shaped whirlpool, it's also known for having invented the world-famous 7' tall Champagne Tower whirlpool. More than just romantic suites, Cove Haven also features all-inclusive dining, numerous activities to enjoy at your leisure or with a social director,nightly entertainment with comedians, DJs, live bands, and specialty acts like hypnotists and magicians, plus other amenities with indoor and outdoor pools, seasonal activities, and headline entertainment featuring famous names from around the globe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Cove Haven Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Haven Hotel Lakeville
- Caesars Poconos
- Caesars Cove Haven Poconos Lakeville