Cove Haven Resort
Lake Mocatek Inn(Lakeville)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$71
Ledges Hotel(Hawley)(Great Value!)
US$164
Comfort Inn Pocono Lakes Region(Lake Ariel)(Great Value!)
US$114
Wayne Inn(Honesdale)
US$81
US$79
Hotel Wayne(Honesdale)
US$108
US$105
US$1,064
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,695 results
All reviewshonest philice skatingbreakfast in bedget awaybreakfast and dinnerour honeymoonparrot loungeprivate tablechampagne towergarden of eden applemini golfnewlywed gameyear anniversaryromantic getawayspeed boatbring your ownall you can eat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2013

A lot of confusion is what I got upon check-in. Allow me to explain...The room category I booked of Harbour Tower was not available upon check-in(we were early - at about 10am). I was offered an upgrade(but I get an upgrade anyway as a Forever Lover), however the "upgrade" of Cove Harbour room wasn't ready yet either. I explained I really wanted to try the Harbour Tower room, and she said to come back in an hour. In stead of one hour we gave them an extra hour to have the room ready (so after 2 hours)... still no rooms were ready. I explained to her that I really wanted the Harbour Tower, but if the Cove Harbour becomes available first then we will look at that room to see if we like it. We came back to the lobby a 3rd time at about 1:30pm, and finally a room was ready but it was the Cove Harbour- I wanted to stay in the Harbour Tower because I wanted a balcony and to be close to the Lake facilities(as I had explained earlier). Another woman was helping us now, and she had explained that we were "assigned the Cove Harbour room, and removed from the list for a Harbour Tower room." List? Now I am really confused as to what is going on because I had already explained to the other woman that I wanted the Harbour Tower, but I would only consider the Cove Harbour!? Feeling like we had no choice, I looked at The Cove Harbour. It was clean and spacious, but did not feel like much of an upgrade UNTIL we saw the Harbour Tower that was "available". Firstly, I had requested a Harbour Tower room on a higher floor. The room we were shown had a flight of stairs leading down to the ground level. Second, the room itself was in terrible condition. The stairwell was musty, and that odor continued into the room. Finally, the room was dingy, the small round mattress was uneven, and the shower had moldy caulk - the balcony(although on ground level was the only positive). My theory was that they wanted us to stay in the Cove Harbour (for whatever reason), so they showed us a Harbour Tower room that is not normally given to guests. She showed us 1 other room (also in unacceptable condition) that was close to the lake, but we declined. I asked if we could pay for an upgrade to either a Cove Fantasy or an Eden Apple, and she said "no". So we stuck with the orginal Cove Harbour we were "assigned" to - room 246. I definitely didn't feel what we paid per night was a good value for this particular room, and I also felt that the check-in woman was dishonest about room availability. In fact, we met a couple that booked a room on their way to the resort - so we caught her in that lie! The location of Cove Harbour room ended up not being as much of a disappoinment after all(we took the chariot everywhere). The negative was that the bathroom was ordinary and plain (considering it's cost). Also, the tv's were VERY out dated - especially because there wasn't a DVD player(who has VHS tapes any more)? The positive of my particular room was the cleanliness of the room & the surprising comfort of a round bed that's made of foam. All in all, we made the best of it - it was only a one night stay(two nights would be the maximum I could have stayed). On another note - the rest of the resort needs better upkeep....powerwashing and paint go a LONG way!
Check out all my pics...

Room Tip: Check out the website's map to see where you want to be...and choose a room closest to that facility. Eden Apple's and Champagne Towers are waaaaay up the hill away from everything(except the Sports Palace). Those rooms would be good for people who spend most of their time only in the room. Otherwise, you can call to take the free resort-wide shuttle(The Chariot) so you don't waste a lot of time walking place to place. It's cold & potentially icy at night in the winter! Juliette's & Cove Harbour's are decent (interior wise).
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for your review and thank you for sharing your photos lodee73.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary at the cove haven. After seeing the JUliette suite we knew we couldnt stay in that suite. It was not as expected. It smelled musty as though it hadn't been cleaned etc. Then I decided to call Jackie to explain to her my dissapointment. She immediately fixed the situation and we were upgraded to the Cove Harbour suite. It was 100% better. We enjoyed all the activities and there are many. It was worth it in the end. Everything is on the premises and walking distance. We plan to go back in the winter to experience yet another romantic weekend. We really enjoyed the entertainment, comedian, pocono band was awesome and sang a range of known contemporary music. We danced all night. We loved it. If you are planning to go to the Cove Haven, book the champagne suite, garden or cove harbour. Those rooms are more updated and as large as a big apartment with different levels. The food was tasty. We cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: Choose the Cove Harbour, Champagne, and Garden Room. They are awesome!
1  Thank Angela J

Happy 2nd anniversary!! Thank you for spending it with us. Glad to hear your enjoyed the Cove Harbour.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

When we signed up for a Groupon to stay at Cove Haven, we read a LOT of reviews on the place on TA as well as other sites and I have to say that a few of the reviews really weren't fair; I'm hoping I can set the record straight a bit with this review. First off, this was our first stay and we came in off season and during a weekday. Also, I don't work for the place, nor do I have any financial interest or compensation involved.

We had an AWESOME time, as did all the other couples that were there. This was obvious by how happy and friendly everyone was. There couples of all ages and stages and lifestyles, which we instantly liked. Dress was casual and comfortable so we felt right at home. Check in was quick and painless and the front desk staff couldn't be more friendly. It's way out in the country, and while a few reviews lamented that it was 'in the middle of nowhere', there's lots to do if you want to take a short drive; but that's NOT why you come here. You come here BECAUSE it's isolated, quiet and surrounded by nature. You should be focusing on your significant other, not looking for ways to avoid being alone with them, right?

First impressions were nothing like some of the reviews led us to believe. Some complained the decor was 'straight out of the 70's' or 'outdated and musty'. That wasn't our impression at all; we found everything to be clean and spotless; our room was beautifully appointed with a small private pool (clean and perfect temperature), heart shaped whirlpool (also spotlessly clean) and a round bed (surprisingly comfortable and snuggly with clean soft sheets) as well as a nice little fireplace (one of the reviews suggested to bring your own firelogs - we did and saved a bundle, but you can buy them at the gift shop).

If you're looking for plastic glitz and fake glamour, then you'll be much happier at Mt. Airy. It's just like AC or Vegas, and is NOTHING like it used to be. If you're looking for the epitome of what the Poconos USED to be, and the reason why couples from all over the world consider it a destination spot, then Cove Haven will truly satisfy. They are true to what made the couple's resort industry in the Poconos great. Classic and honest. My own parents met and fell in love at a Poconos resort (The Glenwood Hotel, a family oriented resort and unfortunately long gone now) and took me there later as a child so I got a chance to experience what Pocono resort hotels were all about - and Cove Haven has it down. In spades.

Another review we saw complained about the 'same old corny comedian' who'd 'probably has been there since they opened'. Well there's a reason why 'Honest Phil' is still there - he's freaking hysterical! We first met him at the happy hour TV trivia contest and he works the crowd deftly and is quick on his feet. Plus he has these funny quirks that you will find yourself repeating on the way home. He hosted the "Newlywed, Not so Newlywed" game at the lounge later that evening and again had us cracking up. His humor is sometimes very subtle (and appears at times to be just for himself) which only adds to his presence. We really enjoyed him and got the opportunity to tell him so; very gracious and fun guy and a wonderful MC.

Get there early - we got there a little late in the day and missed the boat rides (but to be expected for an off-season, weekday stay). Fortunately, they don't kick you out after checkout (they actually encourage you to stay and enjoy the facilities - who does that anymore??) so we got to take a nice ride around the lake with a young guy we named 'Captain' Ron (Ron, you were a lot of fun buddy!). Like EVERYONE else there, they do NOT work off tips and seem genuinely interested in you having the best time possible.

Yet another complaint we saw was that food wasn't up to par. Our dinner (included, like everything else) was great, and the breakfast buffet was even better. There weren't an over abundance of items, but the items that were there were all cooked to perfection and the atmosphere was great. Really enjoyed it!

You cannot be bored here - everyone can find at least something they like to do, and my girl and I tried our hand at the driving range (her first time and lots of fun). We could have done more but we wanted to enjoy the room and it's features. I suggest you take a drive out the range after dark; there's no one else there and the view of the stars is breathtaking and romantic. Hope you like deer though, cause they are all over the place! You need to drive carefully after dusk, but we even saw them in the early morning dew 20 feet from the door! What a beautiful sight to wake up to...

We got one of the Eden's Apple Suites. There are no windows, so you can enjoy your privacy and sleeping later (much later) was easy. Even though there was another couple in the next room, we never heard a thing, so the sound proofing is great. :-) Again, I have to say we were not let down by the room and thought it was wonderful.

It was a wonderful place to reconnect and have a romantic time, as well as fun times with the other couples. Band at night was great (Something Sarah) and was all over the place with their set list - classic to current hits. As musicians ourselves we really appreciated the range of the singer as well as the talent of the other musicians. Catch the sofas in the back if you just want to hang out or grab a table if you want to be part of the action.

To sum up, if you are looking for a place to have some fun with others as well as a place to be alone with your honey and reconnect and share, then you cannot go wrong here. Especially if you want to experience a bit of the nostalgia that the Poconos resorts had to offer. It's not cheap, but it's also a great value (but like I said, come early so you can take advantage of all they have to offer). The facilities are not glitzy on the outside, but who cares? You're there for the INSIDE, which we thought was decorated and cared for nicely. We can't wait to come back, and are planning to arrive earlier and possibly stay an extra day. I hope this helps some people that may be 'on the fence' because they saw a review from someone that spoke down about it because we really recommend it highly. I think a lot of those folks would have been much happier in a plastic place like the 'new' Mount Airy hotel. Sad to see what it has become, but that's just my opinion.

If you have the right expectations, you'll have the time of your life. Keep it up, Cove Haven and thanks for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra to get one of the Eden's Apple or Champagne Tower suites. You won't regret it.
2  Thank James C

So happy to hear you had an AWESOME time!! Thank you for this wonderful review. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 1st year anniversary at Cove Haven this weekend. We arrived on Saturday and check-in was painless. We drove to our room (Garden of Eden Apple Suite) and were greeted by 4 deer outside of our door! From previous reviews, we came prepared with grapes and tried to feed them by hand, but no luck. They just ate the ones we tossed. lol
When we entered the room, we were pleasantly suprised. It was dated but seemingly clean, and had lots of space for us to unwind. Our dinner that evening was 'Strip Night'. And it was fantastic! The dining room was packed, but our server Chris was the best! He kept us smiling and well-fed the entire night. We skipped the first night of comedy and went back to our room to...um... relax. ;) Then we woke up together at 4 am and enjoyed our own heated pool (great fun!). The next day, we had a great breakfast buffet. It was clearly set up more like a Sunday brunch, and we enjoyed it very much. We spent the afternoon 'relaxing a whole lot more', and watched the Steelers game on our large flat screen bedroom tv (the one in the living room is hardly worth mentioning... it is so small and old!). This same day, we ordered lunch from the cafe and it was delivered quickly and was quite tasty! ~Dinner on Sunday night was a buffet, but it was a good buffet. It wasnt as delicious as Saturday, but we left feeling satisfied and then headed over to the lounge for music and a magic show. So fun! --Monday was our actual anniversary and we spent most of the day... relaxing again (there was a lot of 'relaxation' on this trip! :) Then we spent a great lazy hour in the heart shaped jacuzzi and had a fantastic conversation reflecting on our 1st year together while trying to catch and tame the bubbles that were flowing everywhere (just use one capful with the jets!). More fun. ~Now although our server Dennis was another fantatic guy, dinner on Monday was unfortunately the worst. There were basically 4 choices on the menu, but when the food came out, it was very comparable to wedding food. (But not the best wedding food.) It was obvious that the most effort and pizazz is placed on the weekend dining, so we're very glad to have at least experienced that also. But the comedy show to follow on Monday night was very funny and we laughed all the way back to our room. We left the next morning after another yummy breakfast where we ordered huge pancakes from the kitchen since they weren't on the buffet. All the way home we talked about our trip and were really glad we went (even though some of the reviews are quite questionable). We had a great time! It was a romnantic way to spend our 1st anniversary.

Room Tip: The Apple rooms were quite nice. Having a pool in your room is very romantic... and very fun! ;) Ask for private dining at dinner if you are looking for a bit more intimacy. They don't offer it upfront, but the wait was never long once you asked.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Happy one year anniversary Tiffany M!! Thank you for spending it with us!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Cove Haven for the first time earlier this week. I was just a tad bit skeptical after reading so many poor reviews, but I have to say I ended up very surprised! I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Our room was awesome and very clean. We stayed in a champagne towers suite. I have to give a shout out to the house-keeping staff, I know it has to be hard work to clean those rooms! Our tub was clean, the pool was clean, everything was really nice. When we first walked in I feared we had a dreaded stale cigarette smell "non-smoking" room, but as soon as my eyes landed on the fireplace in the sitting area I realized that smell was fireplace smell which isn't nearly as offensive and makes a ton of sense. The first night we were there we sat with other couples at dinner just to get the experience, but after that we were able to ask for private dining and had no wait. All you have to do is ask.
The paddleboats were a lot of fun and the view on the lake was absolutely gorgeous! We also really enjoyed the nature trail. I was relieved to see it was an actual trail and not some paved path monstrosity.
One of the services I think I enjoyed the most was the photographer. They have a photographer at dinner and in front of the Koi pond before dinner to take photos and they're also down at the lake at a certain time and can set up private sessions in your room. The pictures are available in the gift shop for purchase the next day. No pressure, if you like them you buy them. We happened to get engaged on the paddle boats; so it was awesome to get some impromptu engagement pictures done at the lake we got engaged on. Thank you Duane! I love our photos!
I honestly don't have a negative thing to say about Cove Haven. We loved our trip and look forward to returning as soon as possible!

Room Tip: Champagne Towers! Spend the extra money it's worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristen M

So happy to hear you loved your trip! Thanks for the great review. I'll be sure to share with Duane.