“Romantic birthday weekend!”
Review of Cove Haven Resort

Cove Haven Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Cove Haven this past weekend for my boyfriend's 23rd birthday. I was a bit skeptical after reading some of the reviews but we were pleasantly suprised! I will start off saying it is not a luxury resort if that's what you're looking for. It is very tacky and playful, but it's supposed to be! We were also one of the youngest couples there. We stayed in the Juliette suite.. It was a huge room with a little living room, fireplace, comfy round bed and heart shaped tub. It was super cute! You get a four course dinner with dessert and breakfast buffet included.. Great food and A LOT for your money. Only thing is you have to request to sit alone but the staff was always happy to accommodate us. You have to pay for drinks but they were delicious. We did not do any activities at night but really enjoyed alone time in our romantic room! After we checked out we went all around the resort.. Used the arcade, mini golf, ice skating, tennis, basketball and archery all free! Only wish we came in the summer to enjoy more of the outdoor activities! Had such a fun time at Cove Haven and we will be back!

• Stayed: March 2014
Don S, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Happy birthday! We love to celebrate. Hope to see you this summer.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Was second trip to cove haven had great time first time excited to return again got champagne towers room very disappointed for money room run down pool area dirty also say didnt offer room service anymore but tray of dirty plates outside or suite from time checked into room still there checkout of room 3 days dirty dishes sat outside room very disappointed in stay for 5 hour drive there definitely wasn't worth money

2  Thank amyfrendzel
Don S, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

We are very disappointed to read this review, amyfrendzel. I would like to speak to you about your experience. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

First of all we have been coming for 4years now and we do enjoy it here. But the rooms do need updating with better tvs and decorating. We tried to order a movie still in theatres on our tv and it did not work so we called the main office. They sent someone down about 30minutes later. He could hardly breath when arriving to the door. He didnt even come inside he said its not working cos of a rain storm. And said at least u have regular tv. Grant it, it never worked even when it wasnt raining. Next they used to have italian food on friday nights and it was awesome. Now they have an international buffet which sucked. So we spent our own money on the food at the cafe. So finally u will love all the entertainment, and the CXO of fun is very very good. But, please a little updating for the prices you pay would be great.

2  Thank mkulp
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

We appreciate your feedback, mkulp. I will be sharing this review with all out managers, including the Chefs and CXO. We hope to see you again for a 5th.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My wife and I arrived to find out it was our 13th stay at this resort from the front desk at check in. We started coming here when Ceasers Resorts owned it I can tell you while minor things has changed we still look forward to come here whenever we can. We always have a wonder time Know matter what room we book it has always been clean. The staff has always been polite and understanding to all needs and wants we may have ( thank to Mark the bartender Chris and Dennis who work in the dinning room for always making us laugh and just to make our experience we'll worth it thank you guys ) my wife and I love to go to the sports palace and play the shuffle board table ( I'm saddened to say she beat me two out of three games maybe next time I can win my pride back lol as honest Phil would say as long as your holding hands as you enter and leave it's all good ) as I said the room was clean ( champagne towers ) and just lots of fun the dinning experience was great for dinner we sat with two couples I think we sat down at 6:30 and didn't leave until 8:30 we all just sat and talked it was a great time. It's always nice to make new friends Well just wanted to write a little review my Advice to people who want to come here is to Do It !! Thank You Covehaven for always making are time there we'll worth it

Room Tip: Get a pool in your room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kwarr630
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you you for 13 stays! Thanks for the great advice! See you next time.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife and I planned a trip to Cove Haven for our anniversary. We drove 8 & 1/2 hours to get there. We were disappointed as soon as we arrived. It looks like the motel-style resort has not been updated in decades. We ate lunch in the cafe while we were waiting on our room to become available. The food was average, but over-priced. Based on all of the newspaper articles and magazine covers that are framed and plastered all over the cafe, it is evident that Cove Haven was in its prime in the 1960's through 1980's, and it looks like management hasn't updated anything since. As we continued to explore the resort while waiting on our room to become available, we were surprised to see pillows and linens lying on the ground outside as the rooms were being cleaned. Once our room became available, we walked in, took a quick look around, and decided to leave. The resort is definitely not worth the $400 per night that we would have paid. I was also surprised by the fact that I was never contacted by management after we complained and left. Apparently, customer satisfaction is not one of their top priorities. We will not be returning and I will not be recommending this resort to anybody.

5  Thank Buckeye1003

Please know that customer satisfaction is our number one priority. We are very sorry that you feel differently. I apologize that no one has been in touch with you and would like the opportunity to correct this. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I was very unhappy with my stay here. The resort is very overpriced for what you get. We stayed during the week and there was no entertainment to be offer. They do not have performers at the nightclub during the week which was very disappointing. The hostess was very rude and had a horrible attitude at the dining area. We wanted private dining and she didn't give us a chance to say it before she walked us over to a group dining table so we said we wanted private dining she got very annoyed with us and said we sould have told her. We did try but she never gave us the opportunity. They should really stop and ask the guest. The rooms need updating. We stayed in the champagne room and the hot tub didn't have enough hot water to fill it. Also our sauna didn't work. They did offer to have someone to come look at the sauna but it was late so we declined. Overall this place is not worth your time or money!!

2  Thank Bt200

We are very saddened to read this review, Bt200. We are sorry about the reaction from our hostess and will be speaking to hear about your review. If you visit us again, please reach out to me direct at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We love Cove Haven went there30 years ago on our honeymoon and continue to return! Fun and laughs for all seasons .Great entertainment Great rooms!
Good food!Honest Phil hysterical.Grounds well maintained!Snowmobile in winter boat rides and tubing in summer!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mikeval1984
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thanks. Mikeval1984!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
The Lodge at Woodloch
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Cove Haven Resort? Share your experiences!