Even though we could only rate in whole numbers, we would have given Coven Haven a 9/10. When we first arrived, the staff was very friendly and the service was fast, even though we arrived late. The map that they gave us was very helpful throughout our stay.
Our room was the Cove Fantasy Suite, which is a bit more expensive, but we felt such a large improvement compared to the Cove Harbour Suite. We used Groupon, which gave us a sizable discount. The room was very spacious, was a split-level, and included various amenities. These included, your own fire place (which you needed to buy artificial firewood for), a king-sized circular bed equipped with starry lighting, a heart-shaped jacuzzi, and a shower. Also, there was a small indoor heated pool and a sauna. Overall, the room had everything we could have wanted except there were a couple of areas that could have been cleaner.
Breakfasts and dinners, which are included, presented various great options. For breakfast, the food was served buffet-style, including the typical continental breakfast plus many extras. The dinners were excellent and you received 4 course meal (soup, salad, entree, and dessert). One thing is that they seat you with other couples to encourage socializing; you can ask to be seated alone, which we preferred during the dinners for privacy.
The resort itself had lots to offer. During the summer there is a big lake with water activities, but we visited during the winter so the outdoor activities were limited to snow-mobiles, and snow tubing. We enjoyed walking around instead of taking the bus that the resort provides free, and we primarily went to one of the indoor activities centers. It had billiards, mini-golf, ping-pong, ice-skating, tennis, and more. Some of the activities themselves really weren't that great, it was fun being with your partner. Most things were included free, but there were arcade games that you needed to pay for. There are other buildings that have archery, basketball courts, and more arcades. Finally, they have nightclubs and other night entertainment.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and I think we will be coming back in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cove Haven Resort is a romantic Poconos all-suite hotel. Many of our guest rooms feature whirlpools, saunas, fireplaces, and/or round king-size beds. Tennis, racquetball, and watersports are available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Cove Haven Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Haven Hotel Lakeville
- Caesars Poconos
- Caesars Cove Haven Poconos Lakeville