Second stay at Cove Haven. Stayed on June 8th. in the champagne tower room. These rooms are up to date, with modern LCD tv,s and decor (albeit, themed to ancient Egypt...kinda). The room was very clean, and everything worked as it should have. The snow damaged buildings on the property have been torn down, and it you didnt know they were there at one time, you cant even tell they were ever there to start with. Grounds were well kept.
Staff is super friendly, and very helpful....they are the very best asset Cove Haven has.
Food, both breakfast and dinner was good...not great, five star level...but good enough for being in the middle of no where, back woods Pennsylvania.
For those who enjoy watching wild life at distances that does not require gear that has cross hairs (in other words, you non-hunting city dwellers), the deer are almost tame. Turkey were also seen way closer than at any time I have even been hunting the damn things....
Just one. I realize that PA has a fascist/communist/socialist/backwards/stupid policy on alcohol, and under this policy the resort cannot include alcohol in the "all inclusive"package. I also understand the profit motive, and the need for companies and corporations to make profit....but the prices charged for alcohol are high way robbery! We made the mistake of having a bottle of champagne sent to the room while we were out.....never thought to ask the price, but knew the brand ordered was 12 bucks at any PA state store. I just figured, costs 12 bucks, so the resort price will probably be around 25 bucks....NOPE....try 53!!!! That was a rip off! Had I known that, or asked first, I would have just driven the 8 miles to the state store and bought my own!!!
So BE WARNED!! Bring your own, and let the free market tell them what to do with their resort prices!!! Even beer prices on site are out of control. 5 bucks for a Bud, but 7 for a Sam Adams! Really? Oh, and while you are enjoying the entertainment, no drinks of any kind....even water...are "all inclusive"....you pay out the nose for everything! You are also not allowed to bring your own drinks, of any kind, into where ever the entertainment is being performed! Talk about captive audience!
Overall, we did enjoy ourselves, and most likely will return.... but with our own booze this time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cove Haven Resort is a romantic Poconos all-suite hotel. Many of our guest rooms feature whirlpools, saunas, fireplaces, and/or round king-size beds. Tennis, racquetball, and watersports are available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cove Haven Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Haven Hotel Lakeville
- Caesars Poconos
- Caesars Cove Haven Poconos Lakeville