“Honest Phil is Star of the Show”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cove Haven Resort

Cove Haven Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
Metuchen, New Jersey
“Honest Phil is Star of the Show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The best way I can try to explain Cove Haven is to say it is like a "cruise on land". Ten years ago we made our first pilgrimage to the Land of Love with the heart shaped hot tub in your bedrooom. We arrived late at night and as we drove down the 300 yard hill to the sign-in lobby I asked my fiance if we should turn around? I said the place looked like the "Bates Motel" !!! But we parked the car and went inside to register; the desk clerk was cheerfull & eager to please; 10 minutes later we had found our room and entered the 1950's decor of our room. NO matter; the activities are varied and you can choose to stay away from the world or join others in Adult Bingo, Adult Horse Racing (puppets on a board), play ping pong, go indoor roller skating, go out in a paddle boat or take a ride around the lake in a speedboat, etc, etc, etc; there are two outdoor swimming pools and a huge indoor sauna and small pool open 24 hours a day along with pool tables down the stairs - the more expensive rooms have saunas, pools & hot tubs all in your room. For "poor" folks like me you get a heart shaped hot tub in your room :) The emcee or CXO that makes the place tick is Honest Phil; this past 4th of July weekend we were celebrating our ten years together and our 15th visit to the former Ceasar's Resorts - Honest Phil told us he was celebrating his 42D year there !! He leads you in Adult Bingo and a myriad of other activities such as the Newlywed - Not so Newlywed game - you must see it to believe it :) He feeds the deer at selected times and generally helps mightiy in making your stay memorable. There are upgrades needed in some areas and not everything is perfect, but Honest Phil and all of the helpfull, energetic staff make us very happy that we dismissed our first impression of the second coming of the Bates Motel and stuck around to discover what has become our favorite weekend getaway :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BlueCobra1944
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you! I'll be sure to share this with Honest Phil.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
Temple Hills, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My birthday was July 4th so I decided to come up for the weekend with my fiance. The concept of the Poconos is great, but man should they put money into updating that 70's/80's look and feel. When you realize how much they make per room/per night, there is no reason for the place to be so outdated. My room was almost $400 (hot tub - that wasn't hot, sauna, shower, heart shaped jazuzzi, bed, stereo that barely worked, fridge with no microwave and round bed). The non-smoking room smelled like smoke and the AC did not work!!! It was miserable.

When I arrived, I walked into the WOMEN's restroom in the lobby of the registration building and there was a man in there. I said oh sorry, and left out. I checked the outside of the door to make sure I had the correct restroom and it said women's so I opened the door again and he said, "oh we're done now. The staff told us to come in here since our room was not ready yet and we've been waiting hours to check in". This was 2:00pm. I said to myself, did I walk in on two people completing a sex act? The activities are decent, but they stop too early (4:30-6:00) or start too late (10:00-11:00). The food was AWFUL! I had a four course dinner and the best part was the ice cream. The soup was bland, the salad looked and tasted like someone mowed the grass and feed us, and the crab cakes (on the menu I received at check-in) were swapped with Salmon cakes that were hard as rocks. The breakfast was a buffet and it was just okay. The cheesy eggs and orange juice were the best food options. FYI - at meals you are seated with strangers unless you inform the host/ess that you want to sit alone. Why in the world would anyone want to sit with strangers when there is a restaurant full of seats and you are there for romance? The photographer photos were my favorite and the water rides (paddle boat and boat). The good part is even if you come up early, you are able to take advantage of the activities before your room is ready as well as stay until 5pm after check-out. I'm thinking of returning, but not without some immediate updates.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MsRickie
Happy birthday MsRickie! Thank you for spending it with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope you return to see all the exciting things we have planned. In the meantime, I will be sharing your review with our team. I'd also like to check out the suite you mentioned. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com. with the details of your stay.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I thought it would be a cheesy couples resort but it was an awesome trip for the price. The staff is amazing most of all Honest Phil (who is absolutely hilarious)!! The food was fantastic, fed the deer and plenty to do onsite no need to leave the resort. Defiantly would go back. We got married in Vegas and for the exact coast great getaway...

Stayed July 2014
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Happy anniversary! Thank you for sharing it with us!
Hawthorne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is the worse place I ever stay . We arrived at 3:30 and our room was not ready until 7:40, very old looking , dirty , smell rooms , food was terrible , in our bed found black bug . Do not waist your time and money in Cove Haven

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank 55667788
We apologize for the late check in, 55667788. We'd like the opportunity to welcome you back to experience our first-class guest services the way it should be. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com to see how we can make this happen.

Travellers are raving about these Lakeville hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful time for our honeymoon & again for our 6th year anniversary. We got a instant upgrade & everything down to the food was tremendously good. We told all of our family & friends if they're looking for a beautiful place to get away than Cove Haven is the place to go!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Dwayne H
Happy 6th year anniversary! Thank you for spending these special occasions with us and thank you for the great review.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We spent one night that included a comedian show. The room and grounds were clean and well kept. The resort is an older style and quite welcoming. Breakfast and dinner included greatly exceeded our expectations. Every thing was very fresh, not just warmed over Buffett. The staff could not be more helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve L
Thanks for the review, Steve L. Hope to see you again!
Toms River, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Hubby & I booked Harbor Tower room, room was clean but very dated & musty . TVs are from the 80s, mattress was old & worn. Very noisy as you can hear many doors open & close.
Def need to update the room decor.
Food was average.
Lots to do on site, we took a boat ride , & saw lots of deer. Joined in some of the couples activities.
Staff was super nice. The property was very well maintained but also could use some updating.
They had 2 outdoor pools, on the small side & not heated.
For what we paid doubt we will return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DAWNKLEIN
We'd like to check out the suite you mentioned, DAWNKLEIN. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com with the details of your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
The Lodge at Woodloch
Ledges Hotel
Ledges Hotel
#3 of 7 in Hawley

Been to Cove Haven Resort? Share your experiences!