“This place has potential to be much better.”
Review of Cove Haven Resort

Cove Haven Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
Reviewed 15 August 2014

After a 3 hour drive we arrived a half hour after check in time and had to wait on line a half hour to be told our Cove Harbour room #237 was not ready. They had no idea when it would be ready, but would call us when it was. After exploring the resort we went to dinner. At 7pm we went back to registration to ask about our room. It was now ready. When I asked why no one had called us to let us know we were told they were too busy. At this point there were only two employees chatting. Extremely inconsiderate and annoying!
We liked the room's location, layout and it was clean, but while showering that evening I found there was barely enough water pressure to rinse the shampoo from my hair. Tried to call front desk; no answer! Called again next morning to ask for another shower head instead of the "water miser" attached. Later found a note from maintenance saying the shower head was "OK". Went straight to front desk and told them the shower was NOT adequate. Was told it would be taken care of, as well as the extra towels we had asked for that morning that had not arrived.
Came back to room about 2:30 to a message on the phone from maintenance telling us they did not have a different shower head that would make a difference in the water pressure. My boyfriend called and spoke with a manager, Marcy, who said she would upgrade our room the next day as soon as one was ready. Also had to ask for those towels again (3rd time) which finally arrived shortly after.
Our new Cove Fantasy room #291 was not ready until 3:30 the next day. We had found a glass shard in our sheets at the previous room that must have been there before we checked in. Did they even change our sheets before we arrived? Ugh. We were sent a fruit and cheese basket to our new room. This room was not as clean as our previous room. The jacuzzi was dirty, but we were tired of complaining and decided just not to use it. We did use the pool which looked clean. Beds in both rooms were uncomfortable and sagged in the middle. The sheets and blanket didn't fit well, I assume because of the round beds. I did not sleep well.
I think the main problem at Cove Haven is that they are understaffed. Even the staff in the dining room could not always keep up with the service as hard as they may have tried. We waited a long time for drink refills or additional butter. Why not have it on the buffet? The food was okay, nothing great, but some good.
Despite all this, we did have fun! Enjoyed a bubble bath in the clean jacuzzi in the first room, the paddle boats, hiking trail, deer feeding, most of the entertainment, the view from the deck of the Parrot Lookout Lounge, and even the very rough speed boat ride. Seems our driver was pissed and taking it out on the boat and us...lol! I had to hold on for dear life not to be bumped right out of my seat, but it was exciting! My boyfriend loved it!
Also have to mention that every other couple we encountered were so friendly and pleasant to talk with! Even as we discussed our specific problems with Cove Haven. We were all determined to have a good time no matted the obstacles.

Room Tip: Wifi was weak in outlying rooms. Check shower water pressure right away. Our second room had an aera...
1  Thank DebiOco
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

We are happy to hear that overall you had a fun time. Great photos. I am sorry for the issues you mentioned and will be speaking to our Housekeeping Team. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,676)

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Average resort, I would probably give it a 3.....being that it's a very old resort and need upgrading bad. Food was horrible.....Would be my last choice out of ten. For the money you spend it should be upgraded. But loved spending time with my hubby.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Happy anniversary, Lori S. We are sorry that you feel this way about your stay. We'd appreciate hearing your feedback on how we could have improved your experience. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Husband and I spent 2 nights here for a mini honeymoon. First time had a groupon deal. Met some really nice people, everyone at Cove Haven is very friendly and honest Phil had us dying of laughter. Played the newlywed not so newlywed which was fun. Check in and check out was fast and easy. Everything was included except for alcohol. Food was ok nothing amazing. They had a buffet style breakfast and you can ask for anything to be made. For dinner on Thursday's you get a set menu but you can choose 2 entree's if you like and as many desserts. Activities included boat rides, paddle boats, speed boat, archery, tennis, basketball, bingo, pool, arcade. They had pools and sauna's. Very enjoyable but probably would keep it to a 3 night stay don't want to get bored quickly. Def. will go again. Liked that it was couples only.

Room Tip: Stayed at the Cove Harbour suite, very nice no complaints. Did get to see the champagne tower so wil...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bea_O913
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Congratulations, newlyweds! See you next time.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We paid a LOT of money for a moldy unit for one night, thinking we could spare it since it was just the two of us away from the kids. I will not bore you with the tackiness of the place but the room was so dated and smelly I think it was last renovated in the 80's. There were even two TVs with those VCRs attached to them in the room....
It was quite a disappointment from the way they advertise it and we would never go back there...

10  Thank GWYNYC
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

This is not the kind of review we like to read. We would very much appreciate it if you email us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com with the details of your stay so we can check out the suite you had.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I purchased the groupon for a nice night away. When arriving everything was great. We got there at 12:00 and the room wasn't ready so we got to explore the amenities. After dinner when we got back to our room while we were watching T.V. I noticed something crawling and then seen it jump, sure enough there was bed bugs. We found 4 in sheets and we killed one and blood came out. I then went to the front desk to let them know what's going on. Jennifer was really nice and said that since they were booked they couldn't upgrade us however we had to pack our stuff up and went to another room. Before we even would stay in the room my husband took everything off the top and sure enough there they were again. We found three more bed bugs. We even put them in a cup and took it to the front desk where maintenance confirmed that it was, in fact bed bugs. The funny thing is now she offers us an upgraded room but who wants to stay after we just found the bed bugs. unfortunately we ended up driving 5 hours back home. Also,since we purchased through groupon we have to contact them for our refund.

13  Thank Ashley G

Ashley G, we take this review very seriously and will be talking to our Front Desk and Maintenance Teams to investigate the suites you mentioned. In the meantime, please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com in case we can’t find a record of your stay. Please know that we do various preventative measures on a regular basis to prevent these issues, including regular pest control services and regular checks of all hotel rooms to look for signs of bed bugs as well as other pests.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We came to Cove Haven for our 10th anniversary. This was our first visit and despite the negative reviews we decided to come here based on a friend's recommendation.
We came early to take advantage if the activities and there is plenty to do. We rode the speed boat and the bikes (although there was nowhere to ride them to) while waiting for our room.
Our room was ready at 3:30 and I suspect it would have taken longer if I didn't keep asking. When we got to our room it smelled like cigarette smoke horribly and I immediately got a headache. We went to the front desk and were upgraded to a nicer room. The room was big but outdated. It had a pool but nowhere to sit in the pool so I really didn't want to just stand in a cold pool. The heart shaped tub was nice and we used it twice.
The food was just ok. I really didn't like the fact that they sat you with other couples so we asked for a two top table at meals. I was given a terrible cut of roast beef at the buffet and the desserts lacked anything chocolate.
The entertainment was good. My husband and I had a great time at the nightclub!
The upside is that there is a lot to do. Be prepared to do a lot of walking or you can call the "love machine" to pick you up.
I'm not sure if we will be back. I like a couples only resort but I am going to compare reviews of other ones in the area before booking.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank your for spending your 10th anniversary with us! We hope you do visit us again! Don't hesitate to email me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com when you're ready to start planning.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was thrilled to find out that my husband's favorite comedian was performing in the Poconos. When I called to book a room, they were sold out. So I purchased tickets and booked our room at Paradise Stream. Our $60 a piece tickets were to a long table in the back with 8 people on each side squeezed next to many other such tables. We could barely move. I felt sorry for the waitresses trying to serve us. It was quickly apparent that we could not see the stage let alone anyone performing. (Everyone leaning in to face the stage). I did not know this would be our seating. As it turned out, we got up and stood for 2 hours in the back on the handicapped ramp (with many others) just to see the show. He gave an awesome show and made the time standing pass quickly with lots of laughs.

My advice - if you book any tickets to events at Cove Haven ask where you will be seated.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
RomanceManager, Owner at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

So happy you enjoyed Fluffy. We appreciate your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Cove Haven Resort? Share your experiences!