After a 3 hour drive we arrived a half hour after check in time and had to wait on line a half hour to be told our Cove Harbour room #237 was not ready. They had no idea when it would be ready, but would call us when it was. After exploring the resort we went to dinner. At 7pm we went back to registration to ask about our room. It was now ready. When I asked why no one had called us to let us know we were told they were too busy. At this point there were only two employees chatting. Extremely inconsiderate and annoying!
We liked the room's location, layout and it was clean, but while showering that evening I found there was barely enough water pressure to rinse the shampoo from my hair. Tried to call front desk; no answer! Called again next morning to ask for another shower head instead of the "water miser" attached. Later found a note from maintenance saying the shower head was "OK". Went straight to front desk and told them the shower was NOT adequate. Was told it would be taken care of, as well as the extra towels we had asked for that morning that had not arrived.
Came back to room about 2:30 to a message on the phone from maintenance telling us they did not have a different shower head that would make a difference in the water pressure. My boyfriend called and spoke with a manager, Marcy, who said she would upgrade our room the next day as soon as one was ready. Also had to ask for those towels again (3rd time) which finally arrived shortly after.
Our new Cove Fantasy room #291 was not ready until 3:30 the next day. We had found a glass shard in our sheets at the previous room that must have been there before we checked in. Did they even change our sheets before we arrived? Ugh. We were sent a fruit and cheese basket to our new room. This room was not as clean as our previous room. The jacuzzi was dirty, but we were tired of complaining and decided just not to use it. We did use the pool which looked clean. Beds in both rooms were uncomfortable and sagged in the middle. The sheets and blanket didn't fit well, I assume because of the round beds. I did not sleep well.
I think the main problem at Cove Haven is that they are understaffed. Even the staff in the dining room could not always keep up with the service as hard as they may have tried. We waited a long time for drink refills or additional butter. Why not have it on the buffet? The food was okay, nothing great, but some good.
Despite all this, we did have fun! Enjoyed a bubble bath in the clean jacuzzi in the first room, the paddle boats, hiking trail, deer feeding, most of the entertainment, the view from the deck of the Parrot Lookout Lounge, and even the very rough speed boat ride. Seems our driver was pissed and taking it out on the boat and us...lol! I had to hold on for dear life not to be bumped right out of my seat, but it was exciting! My boyfriend loved it!
Also have to mention that every other couple we encountered were so friendly and pleasant to talk with! Even as we discussed our specific problems with Cove Haven. We were all determined to have a good time no matted the obstacles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cove Haven Resort is romantic couples-only destination located in the scenic Pocono Mountains. Famous for being the birthplace of the heart-shaped whirlpool, it's also known for having invented the world-famous 7' tall Champagne Tower whirlpool. More than just romantic suites, Cove Haven also features all-inclusive dining, numerous activities to enjoy at your leisure or with a social director,nightly entertainment with comedians, DJs, live bands, and specialty acts like hypnotists and magicians, plus other amenities with indoor and outdoor pools, seasonal activities, and headline entertainment featuring famous names from around the globe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cove Haven Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Haven Hotel Lakeville
- Caesars Poconos
- Caesars Cove Haven Poconos Lakeville