“Lovely”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
Lackawaxen, Pennsylvania
“Lovely”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I called late in the evening and they actually answered the phone. No nonsense recordings. The price was right and the owner awaited for my arrival. The room was neat and clean and beds were comfortable. Plain and simple, just what I needed. Coffee and Biscotti were offered in the Lobby and I enjoyed it while speaking to the owner Nina, in the Gazebo. We sat for hours, watching the wildlife and talking about life. The Lilly pads are in bloom and the fish are jumping. The most wonderful part of my overnight stay...This was the place for me. Relaxation and Solitude in the early morning. Check out was a noon which was another aspect for good business.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank bonjojr123
Sead S, Owner at Lake Mocatek Inn, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hazlet, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed overnight in unit 5, which is very large and also has a deck on the front. The room was spotless and the owner, I think his name was Seth was very friendly and attentive to our needs. I would definitely come back for another stay. Very peaceful place to relax and unwind. Good Vibes

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Ray C
Sead S, Owner at Lake Mocatek Inn, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We were looking for a room on a lake near but not on Lake Wallenpaupack itself. Lake Mocatek Inn was the right choice. It was within easy driving distance of all the places we enjoy in the lake district of the Poconos, and a lovely drive east over to Bushkill Falls. Studio apartment was clean and functional, and the owners were friendly and helpful. There was traffic noise from Route 590 but otherwise the spot is secluded and private. We enjoyed sitting on the porch and looking out at the lake. We've stayed many different places in the Poconos but we'll return to this one.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tanager41
MocatekManagement, Owner at Lake Mocatek Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I spend 200+ nights away from home every year and have a retail location here in NE Pa. I am so glad I called this motel and decided to stay here this winter. I have been here for almost 2 months off and on and it's been a great experience all the way. Staying in one of the largest rooms, #5, and it's like coming home every night instead of going to my room. Owners are very honest, polite, courteous people that take a lot of pride in what they are doing, and always let me know they appreciate me staying at their motel. Internet always works, good cell phone reception, nice vizio flat screen. Great Place!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Rusty S
MocatekManagement, Owner at Lake Mocatek Inn, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We truly appreciate your business.
Indianapolis, In
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I travel for a living and spend most of my time in Motels instead of home. I found this Motel in a remote location in Pa. The owners and staff are very polite and always asking if my room is OK, or do I need anything? My room is very clean and comfortable. Nice furniture and Bed. Very large bathroom. Small deck of the front of my room over looking the lake. Cozy, quiet, and peaceful. If you are looking for a place to get away from the hustle and busle of the city, I would highly recomend this Motel.

The traveling salesman

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank KeithIndianapolis_In
ss1958, Owner at Lake Mocatek Inn, responded to this review, 29 December 2011
Thank you, we really appreciate you sharing your good experience with others! We hope to see you again soon!
Punta Gorda
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This little motel offers nice, well appointed, clean and spacious rooms. Many ammenities are included in the rooms including pillow-top mattresses, cool polyester sheets, fluffy soft Martha Stewart towels, soaps and creams for the shower, and the owners even brought us a vase full of beautiful flowers from thier home garden. The whole place is well cared for and demonstrates caring for it's residents. They even offer free capuccino on request. What a gem of a place for those who are looking for a nice, secluded place to stay that is close to all of the activities that the area offers. I will definitely go back. I just loved the whole atmosphere.

Room Tip: There are 7 rooms to this motel. They are well described on the web site.