“The oasis of peace”
Review of Lake Mocatek Inn

Lake Mocatek Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Charming, family owned, quiet place, perfect for weekend getaway or much needed relax. About 2,5 hours of drive from the NYC crowdy noise, this place gives you peace, tranquility and chance to enjoy in many relaxing activities - from swimming, boat/bike rides to skiing and romantic evenings in nearby Cove Heaven. Highly recommended for all the nature lovers. There are also plenty of farms with organic food around, as well as shopping opportunities - one could buy everything just half an hour of drive arund - from organic honey and homemade bread to motorbike.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Sead S, Owner at Lake Mocatek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Lake Mocatek Inn

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Me and my family visited on AUG2014, paid for 2 nights but left after one night. At this moment my sense telling me I was cheated by the existing review and I have no doubt they are their own people who wrote the review.
Reason
(1) Lake is very dirty and full of algae. Evan though Gazebo is there but you do not feel to set.
(2) Room is very old and all the doors (including bathroom door) make big noise and hard to close.
(3) Small window A/C on the wall makes unpleasant noise.
(4) Bed and plow is very old not suitable for good sleep. Although bed sheet was clean.
(5) No microwave in the room or anywhere.
(6) No flat screen it just old CRT TV
Although Owner’s son is very polite and pleasure to talk with.
Conclusion: It may be OK for some people but absolutely not suitable for family or vacation. With the same money you can have better room just on the big lake where we stayed at the end.
Thanks

Room Tip: Not suitable for family or vacation. With the same money you can have better room just on the big la...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank JmZa

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us as numerous travelers have in our many years of business (real people and real reviews posted before you). We just wanted to remind you about some facts about your stay:
- In our phone conversation, we explained that this room is not suitable for 4 people. We have larger units that can accommodate up to 8 people with a full kitchen (including microwaves), large/flat screen TV's, and of course at a different rate;
- Upon check-in you informed us that you had 5 people, but we allowed you to check in as all other units were occupied. We did not want to refuse check-in after a long trip from NJ. All of this could have been avoided if a more appropriate unit, or more than one basic room, was booked;
- We don't claim to be a “brand new place” that would offer you new furniture in the rooms. However, we offer a “home away from home” feeling for our guests with clean and quiet rooms. Of course we would fix any noisy doors immediately had this been brought to our attention;

As for the lake, we just want to point out that we do not interfere with nature to make the lake look aesthetically pleasing. Yes, there is some algae and weeds in the lake (there is no swimming in this lake), but fish love their natural environment and this lake is full of life.

Thank you.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Hello, my wife and I were driven up from my hometown near Philly by my parents since I have epilepsy to celebrate our third year wedding anniversary to this place in the Poconos. Well upon first discovery, we drove around a bit to explore the area and found the Quik Mart and Bait shop. We stacked up on food supplies and bait for fishing and went back to the inn. The rooms were spotless clean, hardly any insects like you would inspect to be in the Poconos rooms. We stayed in the Studio Room 5, and also ordered food from Rollys Pizzeria and Grill. Food was outstanding. Since I couldn't drive we stayed and fished at the lake caught a nice 14 inch bass and had a blast Didn't want to leave but for two nights it was incredibly fun. We will def be back!!

Room Tip: Room 5 Very Large with Full Kitchen!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SniperBWD2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I called late in the evening and they actually answered the phone. No nonsense recordings. The price was right and the owner awaited for my arrival. The room was neat and clean and beds were comfortable. Plain and simple, just what I needed. Coffee and Biscotti were offered in the Lobby and I enjoyed it while speaking to the owner Nina, in the Gazebo. We sat for hours, watching the wildlife and talking about life. The Lilly pads are in bloom and the fish are jumping. The most wonderful part of my overnight stay...This was the place for me. Relaxation and Solitude in the early morning. Check out was a noon which was another aspect for good business.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank bonjojr123

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed overnight in unit 5, which is very large and also has a deck on the front. The room was spotless and the owner, I think his name was Seth was very friendly and attentive to our needs. I would definitely come back for another stay. Very peaceful place to relax and unwind. Good Vibes

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Ray C

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We were looking for a room on a lake near but not on Lake Wallenpaupack itself. Lake Mocatek Inn was the right choice. It was within easy driving distance of all the places we enjoy in the lake district of the Poconos, and a lovely drive east over to Bushkill Falls. Studio apartment was clean and functional, and the owners were friendly and helpful. There was traffic noise from Route 590 but otherwise the spot is secluded and private. We enjoyed sitting on the porch and looking out at the lake. We've stayed many different places in the Poconos but we'll return to this one.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tanager41
MocatekManagement, Owner at Lake Mocatek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I spend 200+ nights away from home every year and have a retail location here in NE Pa. I am so glad I called this motel and decided to stay here this winter. I have been here for almost 2 months off and on and it's been a great experience all the way. Staying in one of the largest rooms, #5, and it's like coming home every night instead of going to my room. Owners are very honest, polite, courteous people that take a lot of pride in what they are doing, and always let me know they appreciate me staying at their motel. Internet always works, good cell phone reception, nice vizio flat screen. Great Place!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Rusty S
MocatekManagement, Owner at Lake Mocatek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We truly appreciate your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
Comfort Inn Pocono Lakes Region
The Lodge at Woodloch
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Lake Mocatek Inn? Share your experiences!