“Wonderful dinner for first visit to Lancaster”
Review of Checkers Bistro

Checkers Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Checkers Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 570 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Checkers Bistro has an eclectic menu, with American, French and Asian infuenced dishes. We are passionate about Food, Wine, Craft Beers and Liquor. We purchase as many ingredients locally that are in season. Our goal is to deliver a fine dining experience in a friendly and consistent setting. We welcome your feedback through TripAdvisor and will respond to your comments.Live, Love, Eat at Checkers Bistro.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Wonderful dinner for first visit to Lancaster”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

my first review on Trip advisor, but I wanted to give top marks for our dinner at Checkers Bistro. My son and I had dinner this evening, and were very happy with our meal and attentive service. the decor is interesting in it's homage to Lancasters industrial roots, and with no reservation we were immediately seated at a wonderful table. I enjoyed the apple salad and salmon, and my son the steak frites. Well prepared and attentive service.

perhaps those reviewers who loved the old location are pre-disposed to make a negative comparison. we had a delightful experience.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank FelixCloudy

Santa Barbara, California, USA
“Superb lunch”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We found this restaurant through tripadvisor and we were very pleased with our lunch. Meaningful crab in crab cakes and a great fish sandwich. The formality caught us off guard, but this only means we were pleasantly surprised. Good wait staff. Highly recommended

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank wailes45
York, Pennsylvania
“Something went wrong”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Food was excellent when we finally got it after an hour and a half. Service terrible. Seriously think they lost our order but nobody ever explained or apologized.

Visited June 2014
Warren, Pennsylvania
“What can I say? WOW!!!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

When we arrived I didn't know what to expect. The outside was deceiving. Once you walk in you are pleasantly surprised at the décor. Beautiful. The server was so attentive and very informative. She really knew her stuff!! She was such a great help in deciding what we would like. The food was so exceptional!! I am not sure about this, but I would think that the owner is also the chef. This person really has a gift! The sauces that were dished along with the food was sooo good! They do not just plate food, they create a piece of art! Thank you for this experience. It may be out of the way for you but it is well worth the trip!!!! I would like to go back to Lancaster just to go back to Checkers!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sharcu7
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“If only they could go back to the old location...”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I loved Checkers! But then they moved... We went last year for my birthday and it was such a lovely special evening. For that evening I could give them five stars. This year we went for my birthday, which was my first time in the new location. Unfortunately there will no longer be birthday dinners at Checkers. The food was still good, but for the price is should be. The new atmosphere is so disappointing. And the service was even more disappointing. They lost everything I loved about this place in the move and more.

• Visited May 2014