“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Lake City, Florida
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed here for 2 weeks and this Hampton Inn is typical of all the other Hampton locations I've visited over the past few years. Customer service is top notch and the facility, although a little on the older side, is kept up very well. The lobby and breakfast area are very clean with the breakfast staff doing a good job to feed the masses each morning. Soup and freshly baked cookies were served at 7pm each day during my stay and this was definitely most appreciated.

I worked mostly the graveyard shift during my stay and housekeeping was very accomodating with my needs regardless of what time I woke up. Another important thing to me is quietness and this hotel was perfect for me in that aspect. We received a rare 5-6 inches of October snow and it wasn't long before the parking lot and sidewalks were cleared away. The fitness center would be my only minor inconvenience due to its small size, but the two treadmills and eliptical machine should fit the bill for most folks on a short stay.

The nighttime staff did an excellent job of helping prepare the breakfast area, which often times had hot food ready and waiting before the 6am serving time. I love staying in Hampton Inns and this Lancaster location is nearly perfect in just about every way.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Pinlifter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my family and it was GREAT. The rooms were clean and newly renovated. The service was EXCELLENT and the location was perfect !

Room Tip: leave plenty of time to have a HOT breakfast
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 7dorks
Indianapols
Reviewed 14 October 2011

This two night stay was a really pleasurable experience. The staff was friendly, the room and bathroom were sparkling clean, the breakfast was outstanding and the overall cleanliness was very enjoyable. Great price for the accommodations!!!! We'll certainly stay here again if we're in the area!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Diane W
NJ
Reviewed 5 October 2011

This hotel is in a great location - near all the attractions but out of the traffic and bustle of the main roads. We stayed in one of the rooms with the double beds and "study", which was spacious and had a chair, sofa, microwave and fridge which was very convenient. Next door are two bakeries and a great sandwich shop if you are looking to pick up something to bring back to your room. This hotel is also a next door to the visitor's center, which is nice as well.

This looks like a pretty newly built or renovated Hampton Inn. The lobby is very nice and has the full Hampton breakfast. The front desk staff was a little slow but very friendly, and the other hotel staff were friendly as well.

Although it was a little cold on our visit, there is a really nice pool area. The hotel also has a separate outdoor seating area with umbrella'd tables which are nice as well. Overall, we were very happy with out stay and are looking forward to next year.

Room Tip: Study style rooms on the 4th floor have nice view and more room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank roadtrip411
Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Lancaster for a weekend to attend the Pennsylvania Rennaisance Festival and to do some shopping in Lancaster.

First off, the location of the hotel was great! It seemed to be in the middle of everything. It was far enough off the highway for some seclusion, but easy enough to get back on the road.

We were greeted pleasantly, and checked in quickly. Our room was satisfactory, but we were disappointed by the beds. They did not seem to be the "Sweet Dreams" bed we'd come to know and love from Hampton Inn. The room was clean and seemed to be well maintained. Oh well... After having driven all day, we settled in for a night's sleep.

The next morning, we discovered that if you turn the water on at the sink, the shower temperature is reflected in the sink water temperature. That was a unfortunate experience! I was showering, and my husband went to brush his teeth, and I got blasted with cold water! Then he switched it to hot, and I got scalded!

Well, okay, we thought, we have to adjust. But what bothered me most about the experience was how the front desk handled it. They thought we were nuts for using the sink and bath at the same time! Their reaction is the primary reason I can't give a good review to the hotel. The least they could have done was apologize for the poor plumbing.

The hotel was full both nights we were there, and the lobby showed it. Every time we left our room we encountered throngs of people. Not that big a deal for us, but be prepared for a crowd if you stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a first floor room if you can. The elevators are slow, and often crowded.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank shumsy
Lancaster_Hampton_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 11 December 2011
Shumsy - I want to thank you for your review and let you know how much we appreciate our guests’ opinion of our hotel.
It was great to see that there were some "great" experiences while you stayed with us but unfortunately the entire stay did not live up to the expectations you may have had and certainly did not live up to the standards we have set for ourselves.
I wanted to let you know that we have looked into the water issue that you had mentioned and feel that we have taken the appropriate steps to fix the issue. I do apologize for the inconvenience and for the subpar response of our front desk upon checkout. We do strive to provide the best service in the area and certainly hope that you will give us another opportunity when you come to Lancaster again!

Regards,

Ben Larsen
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Stayed for long weekend to go shopping at outlets. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms comfortable and clean close to outlets.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Cyndyb109
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Arrived at this Hampton Inn and entered the building. The car port and the surrounding landscape were very nicely done, well maintained and clean. This hotel sits in a very good location, close to the major highway but far enough away no road noise is heard. I was greeted by a very friendly desk clerk and check in was quick and efficient.

The lobby is adorned with a fireplace and the adjacent breakfast area was very tastefully decorated but of small size. The color combinations very soothing, the accompanying textures complimenting and the materials of high grade. The black speckled countertops were a very nice touch and add depth to the room.

I arrived at my room and began my inspection; the room was of average size, was clean and neat and remarkable in its colors and textures. The room had a muted accent wall and the color palate was warm and inviting. The television was 32” flat screen LCD with 63 channels and 24 in HD. The room also included a microwave and refrigerator both clean and in perfect working condition. The bed duvet was freshly laundered and the bed sheets were white, clean and crisp. Inspection of the bathroom revealed clean, neat and organized with plenty of clean white towels and an average selection of amenities, shampoo, conditioner and hand cream only. The shower was clean, had great pressure and the hot water was plentiful.

The bed was comfortable and I had no issues with sleep. The hotel itself was sold out and I heard no noise from the exterior or the corridors but did hear shuffling from the room above especially when the occupants were using the bathroom. The HVAC quickly and consistently cooled the room; it was quiet and unobtrusive, and controlled by a wall thermostat. This HVAC unit produces some of the coldest air I have ever experienced from a wall unit and removed all the humidity from the room, an outstanding piece of equipment. The desk/work area was of average size and the desk chair was comfortable. The wireless internet was acceptable, my top test showed a speed of 1.97 mbs

The pool was exterior, large and very comfortable. The workout area was average size but provided high quality equipment. Showed you need a full service fitness center this hotel does have an association with a local facility.

There were 2 very minor issues that kept me from rating this hotel as excellent:

1. The breakfast area is small and could not handle the volume of people wanting to dine. Should you select this hotel make plans to visit the breakfast area early. I was unable to try the breakfast due to a lack of seating.

2. The hotel does offer fresh baked cookies at 7:00 PM but are in very limited supply. Should you want a cookie you need to arrive at 7:05 PM. I know this sounds picky but when you travel 15 to 20 days a month the fresh baked cookie is a real treat which I always look forward to.

Both very minor issues and neither are a reason not to select this hotel. The issues I experience would never keep me from recommending or staying at this location again.

This hotel sits among many chain restaurant and sole-proprietorship locations. An Isaac’s Deli is within walking distance and the remaining choices are with-in a short drive.

Would I return, Yes, would I recommended, Yes. This hotel met all of my expectations for a Hampton Inn property, clean, quiet and comfortable. $138.60 room + $8.32 state tax + $6.93 lodging tax, totaled $153.85 for a Monday night in August, 2011. Although the rate sounds excessive it is a very competitive for this area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business