“My favorite in Lancaster”

Hampton Inn Lancaster
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Atlanta, Georgia
“My favorite in Lancaster”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I really like this Hampton Inn - I'm a Diamond member with Hilton and stay at dozens of properties every year and would rate this one as one of the best Hamptons they have.
I really like having some dining choices within walking distance as well.

Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank hiflya
Lancaster_Hampton_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
hiflya,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review of the Hampton Inn Lancaster. We certainly appreciate your feedback and we really like to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us. It is clear, with your Diamond membership in Hilton Honors, that you do travel to many Hilton brand hotels and we certainly appreciate your business and loyalty.

As you mentioned we do have a couple of restaurants within walking distance that all our guests can enjoy and many more within a short drive from our hotel.

We certainly hope to see you again at the Hampton Inn Lancaster.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leland, Illinois
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel while visiting family during the holidays. There are so many good things about this hotel that I don't know where to start. The amenities are great and they have one of the best free breakfasts I have ever experienced. The staff is wonderful and they go out of their way to make you feel at home. The hotel and grounds are kept immaculate and the housekeeping staff does a wonderful job with the rooms. The only downside of my stay was that it was too short. I will definitely be revisting this wonderful hotel soon.

Room Tip: My room was on the 4th floor and it was super quite. There is a fantasic outdoor pool so try and boo...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank blonblu1
Florida
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My family vistited this hotel again in Dec. 2011. It was just as pleasant as when we visited in July 2011. The hotel still provided the same excellent quality of service, ambience, and food. The free breakfast bar still had many options and the food was very tasty. We went during Christmas time and the lobby was nicely decorated and even had a beautifully decorated Christmas tree. We will definitely return again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank eringobragh08
Lancaster_Hampton_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
eringobragh08,

First of all, I wanted to thank you for posting your feedback of our hotel here in Lancaster, PA. I was thrilled to read that you and your family had a wonderful experience, yet again, here at the Hampton Inn Lancaster. By the sounds of it you really enjoyed our breakfast and the decorations we had around our lobby. Our staff was completely responsible for the decorating and I am glad you enjoyed what they did.
We look forward to seeing you again in 2012 if your plans bring your to Lancaster.

Hope all is going well for you in 2012.

Ben Larsen
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed here over night to go to the Sight & Sound Theatre. Check in and out was quick and easy. The room was clean and comfortable. It had a refrigerator, microwave and a coffeemaker for longer stays. Free breakfast in the morning was very good.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Steve121212
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 14 December 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference in Lancaster. It's about 10 minutes from downtown Lancaster, PA. The hotel is nice, very comfortable, and the breakfast was great. It was expensive for a hotel of its type, but most likely we were paying conference prices. All in all, a very nice stay and I would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Always best to choose a room on the top floor for noise considerations
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lingenator
Rhode Island
Reviewed 1 December 2011

My family just stayed at this property for 3 nights over the Thanksgiving holiday. We like staying at Hampton Inns because they are predicable and are moderately priced. As we expected, the breakfast was plentiful and kept well stocked. If anything, it was a bit more varied than the typical Hampton Inn breakfast (several donut/muffin choices each morning and "to go" bags). The woman in charge of breakfast was particularly helpful and always smiling. We appreciated the 24 coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the lobby. There was plenty of breakfast seating in various configurations: couches in front of the TV, tables near the window, barstools along a counter, quieter tables near the business center. A couple of computers and printers (and office supplies) comprised the business center in a nook in the lobby. It was sufficient for our needs. Although no one from my family used the following, we did notice snacks for sale behind the front desk, a small fitness center, and a nice outdoor pool (we were here in November so it wasn't open). This Hampton Inn is in a very convenient location on Rt. 30. We were right between Park City Center mall and Tanger Outlet Mall/Dutch Wonderland and close to Kitchen Kettle Village and Strasburg. Although I didn't visit, the Lancaster Visitor center is walking distance from the Hampton Inn. Also, all of the staff we interacted with were very friendly and helpful, which we appreciated.

I have only a couple small complaints about our stay. One is the beds themselves. They did not seem up to Hampton Inn's comfort level. We guess that maybe they used a king size bedframe for a queen sized mattress, at least in our room. In a couple of places, the metal bars protruded from the frame several inches. After hitting my shin on this and discovering it, I propped pillows up there and we avoided banging into it again. If you sat on the foot of the bed, you felt like you were sliding off the mattress. Again, I think the issue here is it's an incorrect bedframe for the size of the mattress. Since the room was a bit smaller the other Hampton Inns we have stayed in, it was too bad to lose that space due to the bedframe issue. The only other minor complaint is an incident of unpredictable water temperature in the shower. Although this only happened to me on one of the mornings, I did want to mention it. I was taking a hot shower and several times the water temp changed unexpectedly, so much so that I had to step aside and adjust the temp. Since I was the only one in our bathroom (ie no one was using the sink or had just flushed the toilet) I couldn't anticipate when this was going to happen (I'm assuming the shower temp was being affected by water usage in other rooms or elsewhere in the hotel). It did not happen on any other mornings. Maybe the hotel was just exceedingly busy due to the holidays on that particular morning and was experiencing abnormally high water usage??

All in all this is a very clean, conveniently-located, and friendly Hampton Inn and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others or stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank GenevieveRI
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Nice Hampton, nice staff, very clean. But, "bagel toppers" for breakfast? You know, this is becoming more common at Hamptons across the country. It's just not acceptable. I don't like cheap "pizza" for breakfast.
Time to get back to the eggs and sausage slices. Everything else, just fine. Wil be back again. Great day in Amish country!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family