“Exceptional Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
McClure, United States
“Exceptional Hotel”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My family stayed at the Hampton for one night. We had a very pleasant stay....very comfortable beds, clean rooms, and a wonderful complimentary breakfast. The hotel was busy that evening, however, our room was very quiet. My family will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Catherine R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Drogheda
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Generally you know what to expect from a Hampton Inn. Fast check in - clean rooms - a reasonable free breakfast in the morning - and it doesn't lighten your wallet too much. The Hampton in Lancaster ticked all those boxes.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank therealnickpark
Lancaster_Hampton_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Hello therealnickpark,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments and your willingness to take the time to review our hotel. We were glad to hear that we "ticked" the boxes that are most important to you. We hope to see you again soon or the next time you are in Lancaster.
We hope you enjoy the Holiday Season. Be well.
Washington DC
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My family decided to go to Lancaster for an overnight stay so that we can visit Dutch Wonderland for my two year old son. After researching a bit on Tripadvisor I decided to go with the Hampton Inn. I also had some Hilton Honor points that I needed to use up so our stay there was free.

First of all, the place is extremely close to Dutch Wonderland so the location is perfect. And the hotel looked extremely clean and new. The staff was excellent and very friendly. I asked one of them if we're allowed to bring food into Dutch Wonderland and he didn't know but he went online and took his time to find out the answer for me. Another staff came by and got on her computer to help out also. That's some good customer service!

The only minor downside was that, like some other reviewers mentioned, the walls are extremely thin. I could literally hear every single word the next door guy was saying on his phone and he wasn't even talking that loudly. I'm sure he heard us since I have a two year old and everyone knows they aren't that quiet. Because of this, I was going to give it a 4/5 star but the reason why I gave 5/5 star is this. The morning we woke up, we were about to eat breakfast (free continental - which was excellent) and jet out. Then I found out my car's battery died. With despair, I went to the front desk to see if they can help me out and immediately they called the maintenance person and within 10 minutes my car was jumped and running. I was incredibly impressed by not only the promptness but also the friendliness of everyone that worked there. I tipped the guy who jumped my car and he was like, "are you sure??" He seemed very genuine to help someone out and not just to get accolades or tips or anything. Staff always brings any hotel to another level.

We loved our stay here and absolutely will stay here again.

2 Thank kwondogg
Lancaster_Hampton_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here in Lancaster, PA. I am so happy to hear how well you were treated by the staff during your stay. I will be sure to pass your review onto the entire staff as well. I do apologize for the noise that you experienced in your room during your stay. I can imagine this was quite frustrating to deal with. Thank you again for the review and I hope you will come see us again if your travels bring you back to Lancaster, PA.

Warmest Regards
Shapleigh, Maine
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I moved to this hotel because the hotel I was staying in for a tradeshow was below par. I found the location of this hotel to be okay to get to things but was not in the middle of what you might want to see. The good part of this is that because much of Lancaster is farm country if you are there when they are spreading the fields the smell is bad when you are in a hotel near them. Check in was smooth and while I had a smoking room it was not to bad.
There are two Restaurants next door so you do not need your car to get something to eat. One is a nice sit down restaurant that is high priced but the food was good, you are paying for the atmosphere here. The other was what I would call a deluxe sandwich shop, the food was really good and you could eat in or take out and if you show your room key you get a 10% discount. I ate at both and liked them both.
At the hotel in the evening they had soup for guests so if you got back to your room and did not want to go out you could grab a bowl of soup.
This is a hotel that I will return to.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Meme1960
chicago
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed at this Hampton for a wedding. They ran shuttles to the venue. The room was a good size and the bedding was great. I was there on a warm day in September and the pool was closed. It would be nice if they would keep it open into fall since it's heated. I got up too late for the breakfast but they do have good hours for it, until 11. Friendly staff, easy check in. No complaints. The only reason I wouldn't stay there again is cost. It seemed a little high for the area.

1 Thank annyong1
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed here one night for a basketball thing for my son. The location was close enough to our destination and close to nearby restaurants and even a nice mall. The hotel seemed clean no problems checking in. We were on the first floor. The beds were supposed to be queen size but seemed very small. I did't sleep well. They include a hot breakfast. We we looking forward to it but were disappointed. The hot breakfast was potatoes and western omelets. I guess I am fussy but my children and I do not like peppers in our eggs. Plain eggs and sausage or bacon would have been nice. I had a banana muffin. Coffee was good. We've had much better breakfast at Marriotts. The rate was 129 but the receipt said 143.19. I guess it's some kind of tax but it was not listed on the receipt. Overall I would rate it as average. We are going back to Lancaster in two weeks and will try to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Lancaster_Hampton_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Hello!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the location of the hotel and also that you had a good night sleep while with us. Thank you for your comments regarding the breakfast menu, I will be sure to work with our breakfast hostesses to make sure there are enough options each day.

Regarding your comment on your bill, you are correct, the difference in the price is the tax. If you would like a detailed reciept please contact us at 717-299-1200 and a front desk representative will be happy to fax/e-mail one to you. We would love to have you give us another shot and I am happy to assist you with any future reservations personally if you ask for extension 2601 when calling the hotel.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Riverside NJ, United States
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed here for 1 night after a wedding. Easy check-in and out, clean and comfortable room, and good selection of food items at breakfast (quantity was great, quality was OK) made our stay an enjoyable experience. A courteous (complimentary?)shuttle driver to and from wedding site was an added bonus!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends