“Great stay - enjoyed the redone rooms”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lancaster
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We have stayed here in the past, and it was just okay. This time was much better. The rooms have all been redone, and are very modern, and nice now. Service was efficient, but the elevator is unbelievably slow. We stayed on the 3rd floor, and in the future I will request a 1st floor room. The room was a little warm, the A/C didn't seem powerful enough. However, it was almost 100 degrees out, so I'm sure it's fine in normal temps.

The pool is average size for a hotel, and we really enjoyed that it's located outside. Most of the hotels in Lancaster are indoors. The free breakfast is plentiful, and this hotel is just a short drive to Dutch Wonderland.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelingMomWithKids

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Let me start by saying that I recently stayed here two separate times over the course of a week and I think the renovations are pretty much complete. Except for a few recycling/trash bins that were unfinished on the 3rd floor, I didn't really notice any other signs of renovations.

Room: My room on the 3rd floor was brand new with a comfortable bed, lots of outlets both around the desk and the bed, LCD TV with plenty of channels, new ergonomic desk chair, refrigerator, coffee maker, etc. The hotel is far enough away from Manheim Pike (Route 72) so that street noise was not a problem.

Location: With easy access to Manheim and Fruitville Pikes and very close to Routes 30 and and 283, you can pretty much get anywhere in and around Lancaster pretty easily. If you go to downtown Lancaster (Central Market area) just take Fruitville Pike right into town. It's also convenient to Franklin and Marshall. If you do head out to Amish towns (Ronks, Intercourse, etc), it's easy via Route 30. If you're hungry, you can walk to a Chili's next door or if you're more adventurous, Saigon Cafe in the strip mall next to Chili's was very good for a big bowl of pho.

Service: The service was quick and professional, but not particularly friendly. That's fine by me, but it might be a problem for others.

Other: Breakfast is your typical Fairfield meal - make your own waffles, muffins, yogurt, fruit cups, coffee, juice, etc. The breakfast area was a bit bigger than some other Fairfields that I have stayed at though. The outdoor pool was also a bit bigger than usual and I saw quite a few kids having a good time. Also, the free internet was very fast, which is not always the case at some hotels.

My only problem with this hotel was that the lone elevator was unbelievably slow. I know it sounds petty, but if you stay here, you'll know what I mean.

I'm not exactly sure why people are so down in this hotel. It seemed like an above average Fairfield Inn to me. If people want a nicer experience, they might want to try the Marriott in downtown Lancaster.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank dart95
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I was hoping that with the renovations there would be an improvement on some of the criticisms I read about.
Positives
On arrival I was greeted by Ryan and Bessie (hope I got the names correct) who were most welcoming.
Room was clean and everything worked.
LCD TV with the biggest variety of stations I have yet come across at this level of hotel.
Large breakfast room with reasonable variety.

Negatives.
Tiny exercise room with a total of 3 machines. No wipes to clean the machines.
While the TV and number of stations were great, it is not HD.
Breakfast items can always be improved. How about some whole grain bread/bagels?

Overall I would rate it a two and a half star.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ewnaly
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We booked an executive studio king and it was remodeled already. We checked in on a late Friday night so all the construction were gone. Carpet, furniture, bathroom vanity, lightings and curtains were all new. We got one big LCD TV in the living room and one smaller LCD TV in the bedroom. I can tell the light switches were all old style but this did not bother me. The mattress is not the most comfortable one that I have slept on. The whole room was clean other than two tiny pieces of cereals under the coffee table. Towels were thinner than those in residence inn.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank callmegt
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The property is in the middle of a remodel and consequently the lobby area was very tight. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, but honestly the beds was the most uncomfortable I've ever slept (or tried to sleep) on ever. Fairly quiet and reasonable rate. Breakfast was fair - the automatic waffle maker didn't completely cook the waffles so that was not good, but the area was clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hokiechip
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Sorry but this hotel has no warmth or ambiance. The plain decor and LED lighting makes it feel sterile -- think medical exam room.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed during renovations....great room, great breakfast, great service.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family