Fairfield Inn & Suites Lancaster
Hotels.com
US$175
US$154
Hampton.com
The Hotel Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$129
  • Breakfast included
US$111
US$89
Country Inn
Country Inn of Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$96
US$170
US$154
US$95
US$74
US$63
Red Roof
Fulton Steamboat Inn(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
US$97
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanwafflesfree breakfastwould stay here againbathroom sinkamish attractionsamish countrythe breakfast areapleasant stayoff the highwayeasy accessvery nice hoteloutdoor poolking suitecerealinns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night. Super clean! Very rearly you can stay in a hotel that leaves such an impression. Even upscale ones are not always up to par. Everything looked very new and well maintained. I loved modern decor as well - very unexpected in the middle of a very traditional area. Bathroom is very spacious.
The only minus - they stop serving breakfast at 9 a.m.! Although they do have coffee/tea station in the lobby, as well as fresh oranges, it doesn't replace breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank IraM123
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Great 4 day stay to attend soccer championship tournament. Had the executive suite which was very comfortable for family of 5. Place just updated, excellent service from immediately replacing the fridge and the TV remote, always providing extra towels immediately upon request, staff very patient in the breakfast room but..... were not accommodating when we need to extend our stay since we had no idea we would need 5days vs. 3 days. We r Marriott members and upon our return from a game around 1030am we ask for 1more night and we were told no and would not be given the late check-ouoptioning even after they told us in day one oh don't worry you can extend. it wasn't for that this hotel would be the best. Resturants, grocery stores, mall all around in a 2mile radius

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank rrivera901
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We have stayed here in the past, and it was just okay. This time was much better. The rooms have all been redone, and are very modern, and nice now. Service was efficient, but the elevator is unbelievably slow. We stayed on the 3rd floor, and in the future I will request a 1st floor room. The room was a little warm, the A/C didn't seem powerful enough. However, it was almost 100 degrees out, so I'm sure it's fine in normal temps.

The pool is average size for a hotel, and we really enjoyed that it's located outside. Most of the hotels in Lancaster are indoors. The free breakfast is plentiful, and this hotel is just a short drive to Dutch Wonderland.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelingMomWithKids
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Let me start by saying that I recently stayed here two separate times over the course of a week and I think the renovations are pretty much complete. Except for a few recycling/trash bins that were unfinished on the 3rd floor, I didn't really notice any other signs of renovations.

Room: My room on the 3rd floor was brand new with a comfortable bed, lots of outlets both around the desk and the bed, LCD TV with plenty of channels, new ergonomic desk chair, refrigerator, coffee maker, etc. The hotel is far enough away from Manheim Pike (Route 72) so that street noise was not a problem.

Location: With easy access to Manheim and Fruitville Pikes and very close to Routes 30 and and 283, you can pretty much get anywhere in and around Lancaster pretty easily. If you go to downtown Lancaster (Central Market area) just take Fruitville Pike right into town. It's also convenient to Franklin and Marshall. If you do head out to Amish towns (Ronks, Intercourse, etc), it's easy via Route 30. If you're hungry, you can walk to a Chili's next door or if you're more adventurous, Saigon Cafe in the strip mall next to Chili's was very good for a big bowl of pho.

Service: The service was quick and professional, but not particularly friendly. That's fine by me, but it might be a problem for others.

Other: Breakfast is your typical Fairfield meal - make your own waffles, muffins, yogurt, fruit cups, coffee, juice, etc. The breakfast area was a bit bigger than some other Fairfields that I have stayed at though. The outdoor pool was also a bit bigger than usual and I saw quite a few kids having a good time. Also, the free internet was very fast, which is not always the case at some hotels.

My only problem with this hotel was that the lone elevator was unbelievably slow. I know it sounds petty, but if you stay here, you'll know what I mean.

I'm not exactly sure why people are so down in this hotel. It seemed like an above average Fairfield Inn to me. If people want a nicer experience, they might want to try the Marriott in downtown Lancaster.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank dart95
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I was hoping that with the renovations there would be an improvement on some of the criticisms I read about.
Positives
On arrival I was greeted by Ryan and Bessie (hope I got the names correct) who were most welcoming.
Room was clean and everything worked.
LCD TV with the biggest variety of stations I have yet come across at this level of hotel.
Large breakfast room with reasonable variety.

Negatives.
Tiny exercise room with a total of 3 machines. No wipes to clean the machines.
While the TV and number of stations were great, it is not HD.
Breakfast items can always be improved. How about some whole grain bread/bagels?

Overall I would rate it a two and a half star.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business