Fairfield Inn & Suites Lancaster
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$119
US$95
Country Inn
US$176
Country Inn of Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$109
Travelocity
US$122
Agoda.com
Fulton Steamboat Inn(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
US$118
Travelocity
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanwafflesfree breakfastwould stay here againbathroom sinkamish attractionsamish countrythe breakfast areapleasant stayoff the highwayeasy accessvery nice hoteloutdoor poolking suitecerealinns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 January 2013

My partner and I have stayed at this hotel many times before. It has been over one year since our last stay and we were very pleasantly surprised to see that the hotel has completely updated the decor.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NNJtraveler1961
Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

We arrive after driving through PA when they were getting 4-5 inches of snow fall and the parking lot was not plowed and there was no effort to salt/sand parking lot for safe walking. Hotel greeting was okay, the front desk doesn't go out of their way to welcome you to Lancaster or ask if you've visited here before. Hotel only has 1 elevator so there's usually a wait. Rooms were clean and adjoining with comfortable beds so it met our requirements for a family of 6 staying one night. The bathroom lights are controlled outside the bathroom which made my kids afraid someone may turn them out while they were inside. Breakfast was okay but we've had a better selection at other Fairfield Marriotts Overall the rooms were clean and comfortable and we would come back again if visiting Lancaster.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank MZ123u
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I stayed at this property in November 2011 and wrote a review saying it really needed the renovation that was planned - giving it a "poor" rating.

I stayed here again in November 2012 and still found it not up to par with my expectations for a Fairfield Inn.

The hotel was indeed renovated, but I think it was done by an amateur designer and a low cost contractor. The hallways are dark, the decor is dated and it doesn't look like it was recently renovated.

More importantly, two of the problems I encountered a year ago have not been addressed. The wi-fi in the hotel does not work in the front part of the hotel on the second and third floor. When I asked about it, I was told there was a problem, so management is aware of the issue. They have chosen not to fix it. Internet access is important to most people, I believe, and I find it ridiculous that this issue hasn't been fixed in over a year.

The breakfast situation is also the same as a year ago. There was a general lack of items available. The person seemed to be putting out just a few of each item and I had to ask for several things during our two days there. One of the waffle makers was out of order. The sign looked as though it had been there a while. The woman staffing the breakfast started removing items a couple minutes before the posted time that breakfast ended and even cut in front of me to take an item away that I was in line to get. It seems that the staff or maybe management wants to stop serving as quickly as possible - to reduce costs? It's not the way a Marriott property ought to act.

I called Marriott Customer Service after our stay to raise these issues. I was told that they would contact the property and that a manger would respond. Big surprise - no response from local management.

When I read poor reviews of a hotel, I always wonder if the reviewer is being fair or if he is ranting about some isolated incident with a staff member or a bad experience due to a noisy neighbor. This rating I am giving is due to the lack of attention to significant issues which have existed for a long time. But don't worry about whether I've hurt the management's feelings with this poor review. I doubt they read these reviews as it doesn't seem they care about customer's input.

Room Tip: If you want to use wi-fi, ask them to give you a room where it works. Or better yet, chose a room in another hotel in the area.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Protraveler02
Reviewed 11 December 2012

This is one of the more personal Fairfields we've used. The rooms are exceptionally clean and neat, as is the breakfast space. The attendant at breakfast was very conscientious and professional. Very easy access from the highway, and only two miles from Haydn Zugs, one of the hidden jewels in Pennsylvania.

Room Tip: Third floor, pool side.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TomUSNA1969
Reviewed 9 December 2012

This hotel was clean, efficient, and seemed to be recently renovated. The reception staff were very nice and breakfast was a variety of prepared foods, bagel/muffins, and make-your-own waffles; coffee was good. The beds seemed short by normal standards but otherwise everything was satisfactory for a well run hotel.

The main thing to know about this hotel is that it is a stopover for kids teams - this time it was a swim team and a soccer team staying the night, along with many other large families plus kids. There were signs posted on each floor and in the elevator trying to enforce a "quiet time" in the hallways for the comfort of the other guests but, predictably, this could not be effectively enforced and the thundering of tween footfalls came in bursts through the night. I would stay here again if I had to accompany a young horde, otherwise I would stay elsewhere.

This was the only Marriott property available in Lancaster on short notice when we wanted to stay overnight for a visit to the Santa train and the wintertime opening of Dutch Wonderland with our grandson. Previously we have stayed with our grandson at the Courtyard which is closer to Lancaster action, next to the information center/museum, and is a cut above the Fairfield.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family