“Ideal for our stay”

Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Laurel, Delaware
“Ideal for our stay”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend getaway with my husband, our two small children and my in-laws. We stayed in room 115, the 2 bedroom suite. I don't know the price point, since I didn't pay for the room, but I am fairly certain my in-laws would have done this again. The room was spacious and very clean. We had three televisions in our room and they were large with great picture quality. Our microwave/refrigerator area was small but adequate. Sofa bed was very useful for our kids. The beds are SUPER comfortable and I slept like a baby... when it was quiet enough to sleep. The only downside to our stay was the NOISE in this hotel. While we were guests, so were about a hundred teens on a sports trip. They were typical teens, they butted in line during breakfast, they knocked you down to get past you in the hall and they laughed and sounded like elephants above us until about 2 am. each morning. Our room was next to the pool, so there was some noise out there after the 10 pm. curfew as well, but the hotel staff took care of that promptly. Overall it was a great stay, but I wish I had known there was going to be literal busloads of adolescents on the property so I could have prepared myself ahead of time... if that's even possible.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank dittohead24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Greensboro
Reviewed 1 June 2013

This hotel is dated but nice and clean. The rooms are average size. The beds are comfortable and the hotel is in a quiet location. There are plenty of dining options within walking distance. The lobby is small and cramped. They have a large selection of items for purchase in there pantry, just in case one is trapped by snow. The staff is friendly. I will continue to stay here. It is worth the price and worth a try.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mel88hrman
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This hotel provided a convenient and comfortable stay during my recent visit to the Lancaster area. It is near the highway, but tucked away just enough to provide a quiet and restful night's sleep. The room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. I would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JJM1964
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here to do family business in Lancaster. Lobby is cramped and dated. Rooms are smaller than most Fairfields I've stayed in. Looked like it hadn't been updated in a while. Bathroom was positively tiny with the sink outside, something I wouldn't expect at this price point. No one went out of their way to be friendly or helpful. We are Marriott elite members and our son is moving to this area but I wouldn't rush to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank formerexpatCT
Kings Park, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed two nights over Memorial Day weekend. Room was clean, beds very comfy. Our main purpose of the trip was to tour the Amish area, however, this hotel is about a 15 minute drive to all the "tourist" attractions in the farmlands. However, it was relaxing to be away from all the crowds at the end of the day. As in most hotels, the "free" breakfast was not much and the room was crowded and stuffy. Would rather pay less for the room and pickup the same breakfast at McDonald's.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank onholiday_10
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Clean rooms, nice staff. My mom travels to Lancaster once a year with her senior group, they insist on staying at the same motel every year that has bed bugs. We were definitely determined to stay elsewhere on our family vacation. Fairfield Inn was exceptional, even if it is just a little bit further away from the Amish scene. A little bit a gas is better than bed bugs in my opinion any day.

Room Tip: If you want a microwave in room you must get a suite. But there is a microwave in the lobby.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jamie M
Delanson, New York
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Tried to make reservatins after three phone calls of rudness we gave up. First phone call we were on hold then when opal came back she got the dayes and we were on hold again and she never came back. The second phone call she took the dates and then we heard her whispering ok your welcme! So we thought the third time would be a charm and called back a third time and opal asked what happened we told her how rude this was and she said well can i have your phone number I have another customer on the line so at that point we asked formhotel manager and she said she was alone there wasnt a hotel manager on. We dont want tomstay somewhere that you can not make reservations and that does not habe a manager on to handle problems. We told her that we believe there is a manager and that we are going to report this and she said go ahead!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family